News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I didn't know whether to put this thread in kits (I didn't think they'd go in kits, because they don't need assembling), but they're not toys either...moderators, do your thing 8) Lets talk about Shapeways models. Please share your painted (or unpainted) models :)

Here are mine:

1/40 maned Gorgosaurus by Aaron Doyle (WSF)

1/40 Quetzalcoatlus by Aaron Doyle (WSF)

1/6 Pterodaustro by Aaron Doyle (WSF)

1/25 Cryolophosaurus by Gorgonzola (was commissioned by the artist via PM) (WSF)

1/40 Amargasaurus by Gorgonzola (tail was broken in transit) (WSF)

Bacculites by Eric Thorson (FUD)

Provitoceras by Eric Thorson (FUD)

1/50 Ophthalmosaurus by Manuel Bejarano (WSF)

1/40 Tyrannosaurus skull by Galileo Hernandez (WSF polished)

Parasaurolophus Baby "Joe" by Galileo Hernandez (WSF)

1/20 Edaphosaurus by Galileo Hernandez (WSF polished)

stoneage

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM
I didn't know whether to put this thread in kits (I didn't think they'd go in kits, because they don't need assembling), but they're not toys either...moderators, do your thing 8)

Lets talk about Shapeways models. Please share your painted (or unpainted) models :)

I only own one Shapeways dino. Angie's 1/40 male lambeo, eating.

I like Angie Rodrigues' models and painting style a lot, it's a shame she isn't active much nowadays :(

Manuel Bejanrano has made a couple of interesting models too. For instance, this Herrerasaurus.

And I love all of Aaron Doyle's pieces too.

;D  It looks like an unpainted Invicta figure.

tyrantqueen

It is far superior >:D

Jetoar

Herrerasaurus is amazing  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM
Manuel Bejanrano has made a couple of interesting models too. For instance, this Herrerasaurus.

:o  Thanks for the Manuel Bejarano hint :)!
I totally forgot about him :-[. His models are beautiful and he's made quite a few meanwhile :D.

I thought it would be good to post links to the prehistoric model designers on Shapeways :):

> Aaron Doyle: Mesozoic Miniatures
> Andrew Sides: gorgonzola
> Angie Rodrigues: 3DCreatures (unfortunately the Parasaurolophus isn't available anymore)
> Bruce Currie 'trilobite': Paleozoo
> David Krentz: David Krentz Dinosaurs
> Eric Thorsen: EricsStudio (only a few models are prehistoric)
> Galileo Hernandez Nunez: GNmodels Dinosaurs
> Jin Kyeom Kim 'kongtrex': VITAMIN-IMAGINATION
> Fabrizio De Rossi: fabricious
> Manuel Bejarano del Pino 'mb_cg': Manuel Bejarano
> Manuelsaurus: Manuelsaurus
> Pablo Arce 'razh00': PREHISTORIC CREATURES (unfortunately the Tiktaalik isn't available anymore)
> RareBreed: RareBreed
> yankeetrex: Mesozoic Creations

..... and for excellent scale figures ;D > Tristan Bethe: tristan_bethe   .... off topic, but I really like them :).

Sorry in case I've forgotten someone :-[. I surely have.
If someone knows any more designers, please post links!

tyrantqueen

Thanks for the links. Rarebreed's dinos are interesting, although they are a little on the emaciated side for me personally. But the Isisaurus is good, definitely...
I love David Krentz' Diplo, it would be wonderful if that model was made into 1/40 or similar scale.

radman

Herrerasaurus and Scaphonyx

Jetoar

Cool Scahphonyx and Herrerasaurus figures 8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

brontodocus

Yes, they are awesome, especially the Scaphonyx! :) And so... green (looks awesome with the moss)! ;D Christian, did you get the juvenile Scaphonyx, too?

So, here are a few of mine (I only show the ones I've painted so far, I've got quite a few more that still await painting :-[ )...

Battle_Brak / Aaron Doyle:

Psittacosaurus "1/12". Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

Protoceratops  "1/12" with quills. Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

"Chirostenotes" sp. ("Triebold Caenagnathid")  "1/20" Luis Rey style.  Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

3dcreatures / Angie Rodrigues:

Brachylophosaurus "1/50". Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

David Krentz:

Tyrannosaurus "1/144". Material: Transparent Detail.

Triceratops "1:144". Material: White Detail.

Ankylosaurus "1:144". Material: Transparent Detail.

Edmontosaurus "1/144". Material: Transparent Detail.

Ekrixinatosaurus "1/144" and "1/72". Material: Frosted Ultra Detail. Note that the smaller version is much larger than it should be, namely exactly half as large as the large version. None of the "1/144" models are actually 1/144 scale, they are all larger than they should be.

Bistahieversor "1/72". Material: Black Detail.

Alamosaurus "1/144". Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

Giganotosaurus "1/144". Material: Frosted Ultra Detail.

Andesaurus & Giganotosaurus (painted after a gravid female of the Malagasy Giant Chameleon, Furcifer oustaleti) "1/72". Material: White, Strong & Flexible.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

@ Andre:  :D Awesome! Keep 'em coming!

@ Christian: Both species are on my to-get-list now ;D.

Jetoar

Very nice paint  ^-^ I like all  ^-^.

stoneage

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 01, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

Postsaurischian, I just love the way you paint figures and make dioramas!  Brontodocus and Radman your paint jobs are also excellent.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stoneage on December 02, 2012, 04:36:41 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 01, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

Postsaurischian, I just love the way you paint figures and make dioramas!  Brontodocus and Radman your paint jobs are also excellent.
I can't speak for Radman, but I'm pretty sure Postsaurischian's dinos were painted by various artists, including Martin Garrett, Niroot Puttapipat, and Copper.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 02, 2012, 05:03:39 AM
I can't speak for Radman, but I'm pretty sure Postsaurischian's dinos were painted by various artists, including Martin Garratt, Niroot Puttapipat, and Copper.

Exactly! Solely these three. They are my Dinosaur figure painting heroes :). I wouldn't be a good painter.
Unfortunately I'm only having one single model painted by Niroot yet (the Krentz Edmontosaurus right below the chubby Allosaurus). This must change ;D!

radman

Angie's Brachylophosaurus, Gryposaurus, and Parasaurolophus.

Martin did the brachy, I did the large grypo with pastel powder, the smaller gryp and the para with acrylics.

radman

@ Bronto - no, I didn't get the juvy scaph, as I already had the Dawn of the dinos model about the same size.  I should probably get it though.  Just ordered a bunch more 1:72  hadros from Manuel as well, hopefully will go well with Angie's, some of the Dinotales, and the Antediluvia collection.

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful pics, Christian!

Here are 3 Krentz 1:72 theropods:
Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus & Majungasaurus - all in Black Detail and not fully cleaned

radman

Thanks Helge, btw that group shot of the 3 predators in black is amazing!
I was lucky to find a nice patch of moss in my yard and I think it made a nice background for the photos.  Even though it's only a cm or so high in real life, similar moss could have been a meter or more in the mesozoic, so it makes a perfect substrate for dino pix; I anticipate doing quite a few more there in the future. ^-^

Bokisaurus

Here are some of my collection ;D
[

I have a few more that needs photographed, including that Spino and Elasmotherium ;)

tyrantqueen

The black material of those shapeways bring out the detail really well...I guess the material was expensive though?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: