News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Arul

Tyto_Theropod

Carnegie and Wild Safari, although I'm speaking as someone who isn't collecting vintage models, just the relatively 'new' ones. I might feel differently otherwise. And I like something that's both aesthetically pleasing and reasonably accurate, but also durable and good to play with. I guess this kind of thing all depends on what you're looking for in a model.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Tapejara1122

Ooooo my 2 favorite companies would definitely be a tie between Wild Safari and Battat (Terra too)!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Saurian

now ,probably, is Collecta,they release much  unique species and very good accuracy  the last 3 years, very good models for little money  :)
Soory,my English is poor

tanystropheus

I can see REBOR becoming my favorite company, especially if they resolve issues regarding stability for future products.

Wild Safari has tremendous potential for growth, depending on the direction of the new management.

I think CollectA should focus more on quality than quantity, but their 2015 products are quite good.

Papo is my current favorite company. I look forward to their Baronyx, Iguanodon, Giganotosaurus and Velociraptor.  They need to focus on quantity.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on April 03, 2015, 12:01:44 PM
Wow papo take the lead  :D

I'm surprised. It wasn't like this 3 years ago; it was an environment of anti-Papo sentiment.

I'm glad to see the times change.

Arul

Agreed, maybe if papo make more figure this year will belong to papo. I think this year belong to ws, the yuty and sauropelta sculp is very good.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on June 29, 2015, 02:31:42 AM
Agreed, maybe if papo make more figure this year will belong to papo. I think this year belong to ws, the yuty and sauropelta sculp is very good.

They are extremely good sculpts. The Nasuto and Sauropelta combination seems to be popular amongst DTF members.  WS also made a definitive Archaeo. I love the way the feathers are demarcated with black outline. The Archaeo also seems to feature the retractable claws, rendering it an extremely accurate sculpt.

I hope WS makes more nodosaurids in the future. Edmontonia  ;)

Although, the number of Papo fans have tripled in the last few years, a very small proportion of pro-Papo fans may have jumped ship to join forces with the accuracybros.

The number of CollectA fans may have sextupled over the same period.

Plasticbeast95

In no order:

Kenner
Papo
Collecta
Safari
Shleich
Invicta
Carnagie

DTRobers

I absolutely agree with Pawnosuchus!  Sure, the Marx figures are tiny (by today's standards) monochrome tail-draggers, but they were there for us dinokids back in the early 60s and so have a special place in my heart.

You dance with the one who brung ya!

Viking Spawn

My favorite dinosaur maker is currently Rebor (if they can be considered "toys")

Otherwise it is Papo.  Afterward I'd say Safari and Schleich.

Other companies I would love to see make detailed dino toys would be X-Plus, Hot Toys, Max Factory, or for lower end collectibles.... McFarlane and NECA,

Arul

Rebor made jolly and baby vraptor from the same material just like sideshow, sooo they are not a toy hehe

Gwangi

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 26, 2015, 01:34:24 PM
My favorite dinosaur maker is currently Rebor (if they can be considered "toys")

Other companies I would love to see make detailed dino toys would be X-Plus, Hot Toys, Max Factory, or for lower end collectibles.... McFarlane and NECA,

X-plus does have a couple dinosaur models. They're pretty terrific too; an Albertosaurus and Styracosaurus. Shame they don't make them anymore.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

X-plus does have a couple dinosaur models. They're pretty terrific too; an Albertosaurus and Styracosaurus. Shame they don't make them anymore.

I just did a search and found those.  You're right, they look great!  I think X-Plus could make a wonderful line if they continued with it.  Their Godzilla toys/collectibles sell very well and become expensive quick in the aftermarket.  I'm surprised they haven't capitalized on the dinosaur popularity at the moment.

Gwangi

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 01, 2015, 06:01:38 PM

I just did a search and found those.  You're right, they look great!  I think X-Plus could make a wonderful line if they continued with it.  Their Godzilla toys/collectibles sell very well and become expensive quick in the aftermarket.  I'm surprised they haven't capitalized on the dinosaur popularity at the moment.

Well the current dinosaur popularity took a lot of us by surprise I think. No one expected "Jurassic World" to do so well and I hope Hasbro and other companies are kicking themselves in the arse for not jumping on that band wagon. Who knows, maybe someone will pick up the slack in this aftermath? Probably not X-plus but we can dream.

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2015, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 01, 2015, 06:01:38 PM

Well the current dinosaur popularity took a lot of us by surprise I think. No one expected "Jurassic World" to do so well and I hope Hasbro and other companies are kicking themselves in the arse for not jumping on that band wagon. Who knows, maybe someone will pick up the slack in this aftermath? Probably not X-plus but we can dream.
I doubt Hasbro cares, they are probally just eyeing the Star Wars  Release. 

Polihierax

I voted 1. for Papo, because of their remarkable details. And I hope to see, beside the Archaeopteryx, some other feathered Maniraptora one day.
2. I also voted for CollectA. My opinion is, that they look better every year.

MLMjp

I voted for:
Collecta, for its wide variety of figures and of course for their upcoming new spinosaurus.
Safari(wild safari and carnegie)for their accurate models and beautiful figures like the tylosaurus or the diplodocus. only problem is that they don't sell in my country anymore
Papo, because of their excelent detail.
And last but no least Battat, although I don´t have any battat figures (only available in Target, US) there´s something about them that I really like. The style of this figures is special, which I think is the reason why collectors love them (aside from their accuracy).

Saurox

I went for Papo, only because I of the exquisite detail. My second choice is collectA because they have a featherd trex and raptor models.

Arul

Wow now papo take the lead  :o aaand i cant wait for papo 2016 prehistoric figure :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: