News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Dinosaurana

So, these are my favorites based off of what I have collected so far. I don't have a whole lot of variance in choices, but these are the ones that I like.

Wild Safari: These have been some of the more locally accessible figures, and have been really good in the past and recent years in terms of quality and variation

Carnegie: While lacking in recent years the variance it has had in the past, lots of the figures in this line are still up to date and relatively inexpensive.

CollectA: While I have only an older Triceratops that might be a Mojo figure, I have grown to enjoy what I have seen of the line. I look forward to getting a few more to decorate the shelf.

Papo: Another easy and accessible line thanks to the local Hobby Lobby, these are some of the better quality figures that I have gathered. As a Jurassic Park fan, the ones that fit in with it are extremely pleasing.

Battat: I do not have the old ones, but have been able to get one from the newer line before Christmas. And I can say with a certain satisfaction that they are enjoyable and feel the most realistic in coloration if featherless.

Invicta: These are some of the more pleasing old dinosaur models that I own, and are prized possessions. I only have the Tyrannosaurus and the Stegosaurus, but they are some of the more iconic pieces that I own. Especially when the latter I picked up with two other safari dinosaurs for three bucks.

Marx: I have five of various species of these, and are a focus point due to being one of the first available. I'm also a large fan of the antiquated things.

Arul

Well i removed my vote for carnegie because their 2015 figure is not so awesome even i only see it in pict... But carnegie tylosaurus is my favs marine reptile figure of all  :D i add my vote to schleich and kaiyodo. Kaiyodo fossil looks nice (parasaurolophus and spino) and i cant wait for schleich kentrosaurus  :D

John

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 14, 2014, 10:47:18 AM
I think if you take into account everything and not just dinosaurs, Collecta and Safari tie for the best company. Both companies release a huge range of beautiful and accurate animals, and they don't just do figures, but trees, toobs etc. No one else can touch these guys.
By coincidence,two of the 2015 models I look forward to the most are from those two companies (the Carnegie Museum's 2015 Velociraptor and CollectA's Temnodontosaurus) :)
Not to mention the Wild Safari and Battat ones that are too many to name coming soon too.Gotta love the obvious hype for Jurassic World. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Arul

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ARUL on December 24, 2014, 11:51:47 PM
Emm btw no sideshow and rebor here ?
Are they really toys though? Sideshow definitely aren't.

Arul

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2014, 11:52:20 PM
Yeahh actually i think so. But what make papo standing as a toy ?

Takama

Quote from: ARUL on December 24, 2014, 11:54:53 PM

Because there marketed as such

Arul

Quote from: Takama on December 25, 2014, 02:54:36 AM
Quote from: ARUL on December 24, 2014, 11:54:53 PM

Because there marketed as such

Ohh maybe sideshow is too "high class" to call it as a toy...

Takama

Sideshow Statues are made out of a More fragile material compared to the Papo models.   Drop a Papo model on the floor, and it will live. Drop a Sideshow model on it, and it will shatter.

DinoLord

Sideshow pieces, with their several hundred dollar price tags, huge size, and consistent limited edition runs are clearly not meant as toys. I have a tough time imagining any kid playing with a two to three foot long maquette...  :P

Arul

Hahaha agreed you guys right  :D drop sideshow on the floor ? We even need to brace ourself to take it out from the cabinet, dust flying everywhere !  :))

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: ignite444 on December 13, 2014, 07:42:56 PM
My top favorites...

1. CollectA (Surprised? I bet, lol.)
2. Safari (includes Wild Safari and Carnegie)
3. Papo
4. Favorite
5. Rebor (They are low on the list due to only having 2 figures on the market at this point in time.)
6. Fame Master Ent. (for their 4D dinosaur puzzles)
7. Bullyland
8. GeoWorld (their Jurassic Egg puzzles are higher up though)

You can't really count Rebor as toys. Those sculpts are definetelly statues / replicas just as SS. I can't imagine anyone playing with those models lol :D

JackyZhao plastic toy

Quote from: Gwangi on March 19, 2012, 01:55:16 AM
I voted for Kaiyodo, Carnegie and Papo. All three for either detail or accuracy, mostly detail for Papo. Difficult to choose though as I love so many of those companies.

Acually , i vote for Bullyland , cause we are the toy supplier who responser produce the toy , including animal figure , Disney licensed figure toy for Bullyland and we get good cooperation .
Also that company get high reputation when we do toy business , thus i trust them and though i know about the wild ,,,one , will consider to know about them
;D :))
Nice
Jacky

petebuster1

Fluffysaurus

I voted Papo, Kaiyodo and other.
The other is Rebor. I like their style. Lots of details. And think they have a charming style that i think a lot dont have or have anymore. They make me think of old safari ltd and carnegie dinosaurs. I cant wait to see what they will create in the future.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

devon.anderson

This is the toy company, ThreeA.They make some of the best figures around.
Devon Anderson

tyrantqueen

Quote from: devon.anderson on February 05, 2015, 05:23:41 AM
This is the toy company, ThreeA.They make some of the best figures around.
You mean AAA? I tend to like their extant animals better.

tanystropheus

Papo, REBOR, Wild Safari and Tyco.

Arul

Shonisaurus

My favorite dinosaurs are in order of preference:

Wild Safari, do very well finished figures.
Collecta has much improved from a few years ago.
Safari, although the company with Wild Safari undisputed has fallen from my perspective saves regarding theropods.
Moreover include Papo is a company that have an almost perfect finish, but they have the defect that a far part of the figures of scientific accuracy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: