News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

postsaurischian

C:-) Justice is being done and Colorata gets the first vote :)!

Tylosaurus

Hey who else voted for Dino-Riders? Hmm  ;D
Tylo does feel curious to know now xD haha  *orthocone* ;D

Seijun

I did! I re-voted and picked Dino Riders and Kaiyodo. as well as my original three.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Seijun on March 23, 2012, 05:44:54 PM
I did! I re-voted and picked Dino Riders and Kaiyodo. as well as my original three.
Sweeeeeeeeeet!!! Welcome to the club bro!  *orthocone* ;D   *orthocone* ;D
All Units From up! Take advance! ;D

Gwangi

Tylosaurus

Yeah you're right neither can I, hmm maybe we waited too long ?

Himmapaan

Tylosaurus

hmm it is there now, that was really strange, does the server refresh it's self from time to time, or?
Anyhoo I revoted with:

Dino-Riders
Safari
Carnegie
Papo
CollectA
Invicta

Added CollectA since it has a very cool Deinocheirus model which I have not found yet and Invicta due to that some of my first Dino models were from Invicta after sorting that 1980's Dino Collection heh.
the Invicta Black & Blue Mamenchisaurus is by far my favorite from Invicta as where their Brachiosaurus is my second fav :P

Gwangi

It's there for me as well. Very strange. In addition to my previous votes for Carnegie, Kaiyodo and Papo I've now added Invicta, Wild Safari, CollectA, Battat, Bullyland and Kinto.

Tylosaurus

yeah very true.

Ah well, we can also see it this way:

Servers are computers alike, they are all creations of man and were built by man.
So likewise even they can flaw at times just like man can whaa zaaaa

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks for the change-up, Seijun! This "nitpicker" is happy now to be able to include my other faves, WS and Toyway's WWD (not so much for their NHM)!  ;D

Pawnosuchus

Since they were my very first, I had to cast a vote for Marx because of nostalgia purposes. They're not my number one but I just didn't think it was right that they had no votes and were such a pioneer. All you other old people out there should be able to relate to that.

ZoPteryx

I added Battat & Bullyland to my original three, Safari, Carnegie, & CollectA. ;D

Brontozaurus

I cast my votes for CollectA, Tyco, and 'Other', meant to be Cadbury Yowies. CollectA's one of my favourites because it can always be relied on to do something interesting each year, plus their rapid rise in quality is quite admirable. Tyco's there because, while I own only two of their figures, Dino-Riders was a brilliantly insane concept. Finally, Yowies are one of my favourites because of the nostalgia value (I pretty much grew up with them), as well as the obscurity of most of the species they produced.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 28, 2012, 10:37:37 AM
I cast my votes for CollectA, Tyco, and 'Other', meant to be Cadbury Yowies. CollectA's one of my favourites because it can always be relied on to do something interesting each year, plus their rapid rise in quality is quite admirable. Tyco's there because, while I own only two of their figures, Dino-Riders was a brilliantly insane concept. Finally, Yowies are one of my favourites because of the nostalgia value (I pretty much grew up with them), as well as the obscurity of most of the species they produced.
Cool for choosing the Dino-Riders mate, don't forget to post your DR's here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,102.msg1079.html#msg1079

The concept was one of a kind to me, it's very original and very well thought :)

mnemosaurus

I think I am still the only one who voted for Starlux  ::)

But I couldn't resist to also vote for Carnegie, Invicta, Dino Riders, Battat & Kaiyodo. I am glad more votes were allowed, thank you ^-^

Tylosaurus

stoneage

Tylosaurus

please give me a beating I really never heard of Starlux, well I have but not that Starlux the one I mean is uhm this xD
http://www.palomarmedical.com/products/starlux.aspx

Starlux Hair Removal ... oh dears ...  :o

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 29, 2012, 12:42:41 AM
please give me a beating I really neevr heard of Starlux, well I have but not that Starlux the one I mean is uhm this xD
http://www.palomarmedical.com/products/starlux.aspx

Starlux Hair Removal ... oh dears...
Fail XD

Am I the only one who is struggling to make sense of the graph? It's kinda hard to see where the bars line up against the writing.
I'm not blaming you, Seijun, but I can't see it very well  ::)

Maybe I need new glasses  D:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: