News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Balaur

I chose Safari, Carnegie, and Papo.
Safari because they do a great job on their toob series and the wild safari dinosaurs series, although they shouldn't have edited their Dracorex to a juvenile Dracorex (see facebook site for that) because Dracorex could be a juvenile pachycephalosaurus. Carnegie is very accurate and detailed, and just plain awesome. (Have to get the new Diplodocus and Brachiosaurus) and Papo I just started collecting, but the Pachyrhinosaurus I have for now is so cool, I just love the incredible detail on the skull and frill alone! I also have seen their pachycephalosaurus and Pteranodon, very cool.

Seijun

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on July 09, 2012, 08:07:16 PM
although they shouldn't have edited their Dracorex to a juvenile Dracorex (see facebook site for that) because Dracorex could be a juvenile pachycephalosaurus.

Which facebook page? This is the first I have heard of their draco being a juvenile.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Balaur

Quote from: Seijun on July 09, 2012, 09:21:16 PM
although they shouldn't have edited their Dracorex to a juvenile Dracorex (see facebook site for that) because Dracorex could be a juvenile pachycephalosaurus.

Which facebook page? This is the first I have heard of their draco being a juvenile.
http://www.hs.facebook.com/media/set/comments/?set=a.186426991391190.46120.154141751286381

Scroll down a bit and you'll find it.

HKHollinstone

I admire dinos from different brands, but only have Papo in my collection.

DC

The painted Invicta looks fine but the paint is fragile not a good toy.  I play with my dinosaurs.  I think I would have listed the companies in categories and voted for each category.  How about Museum figures, submuseum, retro, actin/articulated figures?   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Metallisuchus

I remember the debate being over whether or not it was a juvenile Stygimoloch, but if you look at the skulls, Dracorex doesn't have much of a dome at all, just the little spikes and knobs. I'm not sure that a dome could develop as it aged either.

Libraraptor

Balaur

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 12, 2012, 03:43:35 PM

I remember the debate being over whether or not it was a juvenile Stygimoloch, but if you look at the skulls, Dracorex doesn't have much of a dome at all, just the little spikes and knobs. I'm not sure that a dome could develop as it aged either.

The age of the specimens matches that of juveniles. I'm not trying to start a war here. ^-^

EmperorDinobot

I like everything. I can't say there's some I like more than others. Every line produces charming, lovely dinosaurs waiting to live in my Park...

I've been a long-time Carnegie guy, and Safari. I'm also a fan of Jurassic Park dinosaurs, but having everything sans repaints means all that's missing is some human crap. Battat I love, but given how little space I have for dinosaurs I'm  gonna have to pass. All I have is 4 of those.

Least I like but yet I get some of would be Papo, Chap Mei (I have a ton of those), and probably ProCon....however the latter has been producing awesome new dinos and species that I would have to add to my list of unique species. I shudder at that thought.

alexeratops

No compitition here, definitely wild safari! Have you even seen what they're making in 2013?!?! :o
like a bantha!

Gwangi

Quote from: alexeratops on September 28, 2012, 01:17:31 AM
No compitition here, definitely wild safari! Have you even seen what they're making in 2013?!?! :o

WS is certainly making a name for themselves. Carnegie is probably better in quality overall but their uninspired poses and paint jobs does not help them, nor does this recent one figure a year thing. CollectA is improving but as 2012 has shown us they still have some work to do, many of their theropods I'm sorry to say missed the mark. Papo of course has the detail but they lack accuracy. Wild Safari is releasing new a different things every year and always several models. Their commitment to both quality and accuracy shows.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on July 14, 2012, 09:03:48 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 12, 2012, 03:43:35 PM

The age of the specimens matches that of juveniles. I'm not trying to start a war here. ^-^

Oh I'm not denying anything. My personal feeling is that I think we need to learn more about morphology through a dinosaur's lifespan. That would inevitably solve a lot of issues.

Seijun

I have changed my votes to include a vote for MOJO, for their excellent new line of prehistoric mammals! I know the poll title says "dinosaur toy companies" but when I made it I was not thinking that a company might concentrate on extinct mammals and not dinosaurs.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Splonkadumpocus

I voted for Wild Safari and Carnegie, as they tend to make the most accurate figures and don't skip out on the detail either. I also think Carnegie should go back to their commitment to a 1/40 line of figures and not the one-a-year, forget-the-scale mode they're in now, but I'm still impressed with their recent models all the same.

CollectA got a third vote from me due to their dedication to including all those important-yet-neglected species without which some time periods would just be blank. Also, their attention to detail has earned them a "most improved" award from me.

Mark1

I voted for a lot of toy companies... Carnegie, Wild Safari, Bullyland, CollectA, Mojo, ( Great to see the big companies jumping on the prehistoric mammal band wagon! ) Marx,Invicta, Battat anddddddddddddd.... other.... MPC! Yup, love those MPC dinos! I remember getting a free dinosaur in the cereal boxes of Wheat and or Rice Honeys... good times.
Love the look of retro dinos and the updated ones. Mojo has a long way to go with their dinosaurs but... their 2011 Crocodile is, aside from Papo's, the best on the market. I'm doing a repaint on it and it looks even cooler.....  :}

IHogaRok

I personally like Papo because Their figures are well detailed and have good accuracy for the most part. Of course they are known for making mistakes such as feet being to big and tails being to short, but small things like that don't bother me.

Papo figures strike me as amazing. Although other companies are nice as well, my top favorite is definitely Papo.  8)

Paleo & Fish Collector

RubyR

Wild Safari is my most favorite company. I am also like other remote control toy company like RcMods . Thank you for this poll.

Concavenator

I have more than 1 favorite company.I love Carnegie.I also really like Wild Safar;the quality of their figures is quite good,and they have a lot of diversity.Excited of what will they surprise us next year.CollectA:this is a GREAT company.It is a recent company,but they are having success.Papo:without words o describe the magnificent quality,but they have to improve scientific accuracy :)

Goldensamuel

I voted for wild safari, kenner, collecta, and carnegie. I also like papo, marx, and a few others, but they are not my favorites.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: