News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Tylosaurus

No probs :) We are a community and we all love collecting Prehistoric Lifeforms and thereby studying and researching their differences their origins, you name it, the works  8)

It's the differences each collection has, making each collection different to that of an other,  that makes it a greater thrill and excitement to all levels, so far I have not seen a single disappointment here, hereby it's so cool to have different likes thus leading to different collections, interests alike :)

stoneage

The definition of lump is:  A piece of solid matter without regular shape, or of no particular shape such as a lump of coal.  Invicta has a beautiful shape, it looks like a dinosaur.  A lump on the other hand looks like a lump of coal or a pile of crap! 

Tylosaurus

Quote from: stoneage on March 20, 2012, 08:52:50 PM
The definition of lump is:  A piece of solid matter without regular shape, or of no particular shape such as a lump of coal.  Invicta has a beautiful shape, it looks like a dinosaur.  A lump on the other hand looks like a lump of coal or a pile of crap! 
That you adore Invicta is fine, but please don't try to force others to like like you want them to, even that they dislike it.

Like I mentioned in my last post, "people have ways of expressing things, but in ways they don't tend harm to others by such sayings" So please don't take this so personal, because actually there is nothing at stake here ;)

Why can't we all just get along? It would make it much easier for all of us  :-X

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe definition of lump is:  A piece of solid matter without regular shape, or of no particular shape such as a lump of coal.  Invicta has a beautiful shape, it looks like a dinosaur.  A lump on the other hand looks like a lump of coal or a pile of crap! 
I really think you need to let this go. They're just toys!
I said I was sorry for the lump remark, but I am not going to change my opinion. I don't like Invicta, it's as simple as that. :P

Have a nice day :)

deanm

My top three picks:  Kaiyodo, Carnegie and Invicta

Something old, something middle & something new... I especially like the last 3-4 years worth of Carnegie as they upped their game.

There were three other companies that made my short list also: Favorite, Colorata and Wild Safari.

Battat did not make the short list of 6 companies that I picked & choose from. I only have three Battats (Styrac, Stego, & Edmontonia) - and aside from wanting the Euplocephalus that will be all that I have/collect from that line. It is hard to say why but those four particular Battats speak to me and the others don't. I appreciate their lines overall accuracy and respect the passion they inspire for other collectors.  Maybe if they had put out a pterosaur I would be more obcessed about them also.

Takama

In all honesty, i love CollectA, so many species, churned out for so many years. it makes me wonder why there are not too many other CollectA collectors out there.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 22, 2012, 04:11:48 AM
In all honesty, i love CollectA, so many species, churned out for so many years. it makes me wonder why there are not too many other CollectA collectors out there.
I voted safari, papo and collecta, i think it is because well actually i dont have à clue why. But there are a lot collecta models i like, and à lot i don't like. Mainly i don't like replica's because of The eyes, but that goes for all company's. If the model looks great but has weird eyes mostly i dont buy them. I have a few collecta's myself.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Meso-Cenozoic

To narrow it down to just three was really hard! But, I ended up voting for Carnegie, Battat, and Papo. Carnegie and Battat for their beauty and for the most part, nearly accurate sculpts. And Papo for their incredible, unmatched realistic looking details. WS would be a very, very close 4th place.

(Seijun, I could point out that you could've put WS instead of just Safari. Then it would've made it more distinct from Carnegie. But that would come across as being pretty anal! ::) ;))

Himmapaan

It's a shame Kinto Favorite has only two votes at the moment and Colorata none. Both their accuracy and aesthetics are highly commendable. I imagine their rather limited selection and relative difficulty to obtain put them at some disadvantage.

I still haven't voted.  ;D

Tylosaurus

Too many brands to choose from hay Himmapaan :P I suppose remodding the Poll didn't work? So people could choose more than just 3 brands.
But uhm isn't Carnegie & Safari LTD one brand nowadays?

After reading on this website:
http://www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com/toy-companies.html

"The Carnegie Collection first made the Dino-scene in 1988. Up until then Invicta's British Museum collection had been the only high quality Dinosaur toys available to the public. In that year The Carnegie Museum of Natural History collaborated with Safari Ltd to produce the Carnegie Dinosaurs Collection (opens new window) of Dinosaur toys. It quickly became the finest collection of Dinosaur toys in the world and is currently the broadest and most extensive."

brontodocus

I've noticed that about Favorite and Colorata, too. I like the Favorite soft models a lot but I'd really think the line has too few figures. Whereas other companies that still exist throw several figures per year on the market there was just one addition within the last few years with the Spinosaurus. As for Colorata: I like them a lot as a company but today I think their dinosaurs are weaker than the rest of their current figure boxes.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

I don't own any Colorata but I was very close to voting for Kinto. The two figures I have by them are among the favorites in my collection and I look forward to getting more. The reason I didn't vote for them was due to the limited selection and often uninspired paint jobs.

Seijun

There, I changed Safari to WILD Safari for the nitpickers  :P   ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt's a shame Kinto Favorite has only two votes at the moment and Colorata none. Both their accuracy and aesthetics are highly commendable. I imagine their rather limited selection and relative difficulty to obtain put them at some disadvantage.

Hey, I voted for Favorite as my favourite. I love their accuracy and detail, but I really wish they would bring out some new, more diverse models. Perhaps they should start taking leaves out of CollectA's book :D

Himmapaan

At Seijun's request, it is now possible to change your votes and select as many favourites as you like! You may even select all of the choices if you wish.  :P ;D

Hmm, I might be tempted to vote too, now.  ;D

tyrantqueen

QuoteYou may even select all of the choices if you wish.
Don't take this the wrong way...but isn't that a bit redundant?  :P

A favourite is supposed to be something you favour above the others....voting for every brand would kinda defeat the purpose.

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 23, 2012, 01:55:06 PM
At Seijun's request, it is now possible to change your votes and select as many favourites as you like! You may even select all of the choices if you wish.  :P ;D

Hmm, I might be tempted to vote too, now.  ;D
So it's Wild Safari, Carnegie, Papo, Bullyland, Favorite, Battat, Invicta, Kaiyodo, and Sega (just for the Sega Prize figures) for me then... ??? ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 23, 2012, 02:17:49 PM
QuoteYou may even select all of the choices if you wish.
Don't take this the wrong way...but isn't that a bit redundant?  :P

A favourite is supposed to be something you favour above the others....voting for every brand would kinda defeat the purpose.

Ask Pam. ;D 

I'm sure the choice is just there for the ease of it, I rather doubt anyone would pick all twenty and would indeed just choose the ones they favour.  ;) But that was why I put a cheeky face next to my suggestion of choosing everything.   ;D

brontodocus

At least that way we'll get to know the least popular brands - imagine if all members give as many votes as they wish, how embarassing for the companies that still get zero votes in the end... :P ;D

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 23, 2012, 02:33:39 PM
At least that way we'll get to know the least popular brands - imagine if all members give as many votes as they wish, how embarassing for the companies that still get zero votes in the end... :P ;D
Oh, dear, now there's a point...  ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.