News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Aram-Rex

Voted for Papo, Carnegie and Safari Ltd. These are sheer quality. But the top dog is PAPO for me :)

mnemosaurus

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 29, 2012, 12:42:41 AM
please give me a beating I really never heard of Starlux, well I have but not that Starlux the one I mean is uhm this xD
http://www.palomarmedical.com/products/starlux.aspx

Starlux Hair Removal ... oh dears ...  :o
Haha, Starlux Hair Removal  ;D

But seriously, no beating necessary! Starlux figures are my favourites, I've got a pretty large collection of them, but they sure aren't for everybody. Especially the dinosaurs are quite cartoony, but I just can't resist old-school dinosaur toys  ^-^. I hope to complete my Starlux collection one day, and we really should restart a Starlux thread on the V2 forum  :D.   

Tylosaurus

Quote from: mnemosaurus on April 01, 2012, 09:01:52 AM
Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 29, 2012, 12:42:41 AM
please give me a beating I really never heard of Starlux, well I have but not that Starlux the one I mean is uhm this xD
http://www.palomarmedical.com/products/starlux.aspx

Starlux Hair Removal ... oh dears ...  :o
Haha, Starlux Hair Removal  ;D

But seriously, no beating necessary! Starlux figures are my favourites, I've got a pretty large collection of them, but they sure aren't for everybody. Especially the dinosaurs are quite cartoony, but I just can't resist old-school dinosaur toys  ^-^. I hope to complete my Starlux collection one day, and we really should restart a Starlux thread on the V2 forum  :D.   
hmm good idea if they are that wanted hmm why have I never heard of Starflux in the way you guys heard it? This troubles my mind rofl

Crackington

I would have voted for the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes kits if they'd been there for the same reason that Pawnosuchus chose Marx, they were my first models. Still in retro mode I'd also have liked to vote for Pyro and even Inpro! From the list I voted for Invicta and Kaiyodo: whilst I respect many of the others, I just don't love any of them enough to give them a vote.

Seijun

You can vote for "other" :)

Auroras seemed more like kits to me as opposed to toys, so that is why they were left out.

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

anchry6

I chose the three companies that have achieved their objectives:
Papo: they are dinosaurs with many details;  :)
Safari: a balance between quantity, quality and Scientific precision  :)
Collecta: Many dinosaurs (good or bad) many unknown .. And then improve year after year .. they deserve an award.  :)
Carnegie did not vote because they are losing their leadership actually are still the best but should be the target for serious collectors and then the scale is important for many.  >:D
I do not believe that the scale is essential if it is for an improvement of sculpture (eg the two dinosaurs last year) but this year the scale (1:50) has RUINED their work.  :-X

:D

Krissy

Heh, when I saw the title of this thread, I was about to go off on how great Hasbro were for being so engaging with the fanbases with some of their franchises (Transformers, My Little Pony etc) before I saw the poll more specifically mentioned Dinosaur toy companies. So in that case I'd say Kenner's JP toyline and Safari's Carnegie have yielded my favourite collections, so I'll nominate them.

Crackington

Quote from: Seijun on April 07, 2012, 01:21:43 AM
You can vote for "other" :)

Auroras seemed more like kits to me as opposed to toys, so that is why they were left out.

Thanks Seijun, I guess that makes sense. However, I think Aurora did envisage the models as toys too, e.g.  the movable parts and the spare limbs and multiple weapons with the cave men kits. I certainly remember my sabre-tooth tiger foolishly attacking the Allosaurus when I was probably about six or seven!

Oh, I did vote "other" too! Very good thread btw!

DinoToyForum

Himmapaan

Oh, dear. I confess Playskool even escaped my notice altogether. :-[ Perhaps because I don't know them well, nor am aware of the kind of dinosaurs they produced...

In any case, I still haven't voted even now.  ;D

Seijun

Playskool made what I consider to be the "dino-riders" of the toddler/baby toy world (sort of like imaginex but less ugly and no electronics to ruin). Very cute and cartoon like, very tough materials. Overall WONDERFUL dinosaur toys for very small children because they have a lot of playability and are also tough as heck.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Tyrannosaurid lover

Safari ltd ones (wS and Carnegie), and the Hasbro ones becoz I love JP
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Giant_Monster

Since I use my dinosaur figures for gaming purposes, visual appeal is more important to me over accuracy. Because of that Papo gets my top vote followed by Safari Ltd then Schleich.

DC

Hi,

I use my figures for gaming as well as teachig so I like metal figures of smaller dinosaurs made by QRF and HLBS.  Otherwise I like 1/40 scale or smaller figures Carnegie and Battat particularly.  Selectively  Wild Safari, CollectA, Schleich and Bullyland where they can fit in size wise.  I like CollectA and Bullyland for their obscure figures.  For Chinasaurs to flesh out my sets UKRD, JASMAN and Lontic.  For retro figures MARX/MPC, InvictA, ROM and PANOSH.

Randy   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

amargasaurus cazaui

I had already placed my votes, but had second thoughts about my choices. My childhood just missed the Marx dinosaur reign, and instead found ourselves playing with MPC toyset dinosaurs. The intersting thing to me are the unique pieces that set had to offer, the fact that they were so widespead and at least in the set I owned as a child, you got so many more pieces seemingly for your money. I owned a single set of Marx dinosaurs from a blister card as a kid, but the entire MPC playset. Accurate sculpts or consistent scale were right out the window, but as a kid who cared? So I think MPC does justify a nostalgia vote at least.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Argentavis

in the toy category definetely Papo, can´t wait to get the new Brachiosaurus in mid July.

GrownNerd

Metallisuchus

The evolution of my collecting...

As a small child - anything dino, but my preferences were Definitely Dinosaurs & Dino-Riders.

At age 11 - Kenner-era Jurassic Park

As an adult - Carnegie, Safari, Papo, and I just got my first Collecta dinosaur over the weekend.

tyrantqueen

1. Kinto Favorite by far
2. Papo
3. Wild Safari, or maybe Bullyland (although their older sculpts were better IMO, and their theropods need improvement)

Carnegie are nice too, although a lot of their older sculpts are pretty ugly/clunky/lacking in details

See here

Forest Rogers, new sculpts plz

Metallisuchus

It's funny, but after I started collecting replicas, I discovered that I somehow had the old Carnegie Spinosaurus. I have no clue when or how I ended up with it, but I really don't even count that one, it's so bad.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: