News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

I'd love to see a Pentaceratops as well, or even a Torosaurus.

paleoferroequine

Quote from: mb-cg on January 18, 2013, 02:46:26 AM
Hello and thanks for your comments, I'm glad you like my models :D

About the next dinosaur I think a ceratopsian would be a good challenge. I don't know what species to choose but I want to model a not common one. For a 1/40 scale figure it will need to be a big ceratopsian (for example I like the Nasutuceratops). A small ceratopsian would be great too, although it would need a bigger scale.  If you have any suggestions, they will be appreciated :)
I'm now ordering some more, got the Ophthalmosaurus 1/50, Herrerasaurus, Hyperodapedon already now getting the Lirainosaurus, Herrerasaurus and Arsinoitherium in 1/40. These are really nice. I might suggest something on the ceratopsian however. Nasutuceratops is rather small at 4 meters or only about 4 inches(10cm) in 1/40. Something bigger but not common might be Sinoceratops. or maybe Medusaceratops.

amargasaurus cazaui

You might consider something more basal than Protoceratops, which was already well on its way to being a ceratopsian dinosaur, and somewhat derived Perhaps a 1/10 scale pegomastax or Yinlong, or even Koreaceratops, something closer to the family root for the ceratopsian family. They are all scantily reflected in the model and replica areana and quite appealing dinosaurs in their own fashion.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

mb-cg

I'm building a very basic basemesh before I decide what species to model. Do you know any website where I can find good references? I'm looking for skeletal drawings to make the figures as accurate as possible, and some of the species you have suggested are easier to find than others. For example there is a great reference of the Pentaceratops HERE.

This is a screen capture of the "Headless Ceratopsian" XD

After I finish the big Ceratopsian it will be fun to model something like the Pegomastax

mmfrankford

I second the pentaceratops. I'm excited to see what you choose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on January 21, 2013, 07:28:16 PM
I'm building a very basic basemesh before I decide what species to model. Do you know any website where I can find good references? I'm looking for skeletal drawings to make the figures as accurate as possible, and some of the species you have suggested are easier to find than others. For example there is a great reference of the Pentaceratops HERE.

This is a screen capture of the "Headless Ceratopsian" XD

After I finish the big Ceratopsian it will be fun to model something like the Pegomastax

For skeletal references try Greg Paul's book :
http://www.amazon.com/Princeton-Field-Guide-Dinosaurs-Guides/dp/069113720X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358807235&sr=8-1&keywords=princeton+field+guide+to+dinosaurs

Scott Hartman's : skeletaldrawing.com and his DA page : shartman.deviantart.com

And our member Zoptery has made a free download by email expansion of the GSP book : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1163.msg28997.html#new

tyrantqueen

I'm soooo excited :D Will you be adding tail quills, or not? :)

Bokisaurus

Late here, been out for a while... Wow, love your work! I got a few of them, but need to get the duckbill set and the mamma,too ;)
I can't wait to see what other species you do, love the new sauropod btw :)

mb-cg

Many people mentioned it, so finally I have chosen the Pentaceratops.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2013, 10:29:22 PM
For skeletal references try Greg Paul's book :
http://www.amazon.com/Princeton-Field-Guide-Dinosaurs-Guides/dp/069113720X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358807235&sr=8-1&keywords=princeton+field+guide+to+dinosaurs

Scott Hartman's : skeletaldrawing.com and his DA page : shartman.deviantart.com

And our member Zoptery has made a free download by email expansion of the GSP book : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1163.msg28997.html#new

Thanks a lot for the links  :D

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 23, 2013, 07:39:40 AM
Late here, been out for a while... Wow, love your work! I got a few of them, but need to get the duckbill set and the mamma,too ;)
I can't wait to see what other species you do, love the new sauropod btw :)

Thank you Bokisaurus!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 21, 2013, 11:52:35 PM
I'm soooo excited :D Will you be adding tail quills, or not? :)

I don't know right now. Maybe I could do two versions or include the tail quills as a separate model.

And here is the finished base mesh, now comes the fun part :D

Joel

Wow, it's looking great so far! Thank you so much for doing Pentaceratops! ^-^ I'm going to get at least two, so I can convert one into a Chasmosaurus. I'd love to see you do a Daspletosaurus and/or a Torvosaurus at some point. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would tail quills print out so well ?  That would be my only concern with adding them.

The Penta looks great so far !

I too wouldn't mind a Torvo..and of course an Allosaurus..if you have the time. ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2013, 11:08:58 PM
Would tail quills print out so well ?  That would be my only concern with adding them.

I too wouldn't mind a Torvo..and of course an Allosaurus..if you have the time. ;)
Aaron Doyle added quills on his Psittaco and Protoceratops models, and I think those looked really good. Or you could just customise it yourself when you get the model ;)

I am loving the model so far. I have been hoping for ages for a decent Pentaceratops model. Will this be 1/40 scale too? :)

Jetoar

Well done again spanish friend  ^-^. You have a interesting web  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mb-cg

Here is a work in progress image of the Pentaceratops model, that is not totally finished. Then I've to see what posture to use, so as always, if you have suggestions...

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2013, 11:08:58 PM

This is my biggest concern. I saw in Shapeways that the minimum wire thickness is 1mm, I have to see if it works well. Anyway, there will be a version without quills to avoid problems.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 24, 2013, 04:12:08 AM
Aaron Doyle added quills on his Psittaco and Protoceratops models, and I think those looked really good. Or you could just customise it yourself when you get the model ;)

I am loving the model so far. I have been hoping for ages for a decent Pentaceratops model. Will this be 1/40 scale too? :)

I'm modeling it thinking in the 1/40 scale and will do 1/72 version too. I've to see what was the size of the Pentaceratops to get the correct scale, I read it was about 8m long (20cm 1/40 - 11cm 1/72)

Quote from: Jetoar on January 24, 2013, 10:19:46 AM
Well done again spanish friend  ^-^. You have a interesting web  ^-^.

Thank you! there are not so many dinosaurs in my web XD

Patrx

The Pentaceratops looks very cool so far! Two things I might consider adjusting, however:

• The outer two digits of each hand ought to lack nails/claws, with the hands rotated  slightly outward instead of directly forward.

• The orbit (eye socket) is probably a little to conspicuous.

Blade-of-the-Moon

As far as poses go I like the rearing up pose and a maybe a bellowing one. Those would be pretty cool..especially paired with a theropod eventually.

tyrantqueen

Beautiful. I can't wait to order mine ^-^

gorgosaurus

Quote from: mb-cg on January 25, 2013, 02:34:18 AM
Here is a work in progress image of the Pentaceratops model, that is not totally finished. Then I've to see what posture to use, so as always, if you have suggestions...

I'm modeling it thinking in the 1/40 scale and will do 1/72 version too. I've to see what was the size of the Pentaceratops to get the correct scale, I read it was about 8m long (20cm 1/40 - 11cm 1/72)

Looks very promising. Agree that the eye is a tiny bit too large and prominent, also the outer 2 digits of the manus probably were hoofless and the manus should be turned slightly.
Will watch how this develops, interested in well-portrayed Ceratopians.
Spike.

postsaurischian

The Pentaceratops is beautiful :D! I will surely order me one.
I can't believe how fast you are. Incredible!

Joel

I love it, too! This guy will be great to go along with my other 1/72 dinos!

And I just got your 1/72 Ouranosaurus, Iguanodon, and Parasaurolophus yesterday, and they look fantastic with my Krentz dinos. I can't wait to add more! ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: