News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mb-cg

Thank you! I'm looking forward to sculpt new stuff :D

mb-cg

Here is an image of the base mesh I did for the Pegomastax, I hope to work on it soon :D

Patrx

Looks promising! I'm glad someone is finally making one of these - as has been mentioned before, little ornithopods are sadly underrepresented. One note; the temporal fenestra seems very conspicuous at present. Perhaps it should be filled out a bit more?

mb-cg

Thanks Patrx! It's just the base, I usually sculpt the basic shape of the skull to use it as reference, in the final sculpt I will soften it. If someone sees something to improve about the proportions just let me know, just part of the jaw from the Pegomastax is known, and I used other similar species as reference.

amargasaurus cazaui

It is somewhat difficult making any direct observations about Pegomastax of your rendering , as the one specimen recovered so far was only elements of the skull. In addition most remains so far studied for similar dinosaurs amount to teeth and skull pieces, with the one exception being  Heterodontosaurus tucki, however it also the most derived of the known specimens. If you accept its remains as indicative of the body for Pegomastax, you would have a much longer tail, and the tail had not yet evolved ossified tendons to hold it up or make it stiff. The digits of the hands would resemble the description given for the other specimen in that...." There were five digits on the manus ('hand'). The first was large, tipped with a sharply curved claw, and would rotate inwards when flexed; Robert Bakker called it the 'twist-thumb'] The second digit was the longest, slightly longer than the third. Both of these digits bore claws, while the clawless fourth and fifth digits were very small and simple in comparison."
  Another thing to make notice of ....in the hindlimb the tibia was 30 percent longer than the femur, likely to enable the dinosaur to be a rapid runner. Those are all observation based off the most well known Heterodontosaurus which is sadly also the most derived in the family.However things like the lack of ossification of the tail and its length etc would seem evolved traits and were likely therefore in earlier members of the family .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

mb-cg

Thank you amargasaurus cazaui, that information will be really helpful.

Here is an illustration I did some time ago and haven't posted yet, featuring the Pentaceratops:

Blade-of-the-Moon

alexeratops

Awesome? Are there any more you forgot about? ;)
like a bantha!

mb-cg

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2014, 03:07:48 AM
Beautiful work !

Thank you!! :D

Quote from: alexeratops on June 29, 2014, 03:38:12 AM
Awesome? Are there any more you forgot about? ;)

It has been a long time, so it would be good if you would remind it to me

mb-cg

Hello, it has been a while since I last posted here. I've been busy with some projects, one of them I have finished a few days ago. It's a really short teaser of Jurassic World created in 3D. I did it really quickly, using some old models. The Velociraptor was modeled from scratch for the video, I hadn't modeled an inaccurate dinosaur since I modeled the Crystal Palace ones :D It's not a new figure but I think it could be interesting here:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome! My favorite Hammond quote. You need to do MORE! ;D

You could probably use some of Hammond's quotes from Trespasser as well... ;)

Patrx

Fantastic work! You did a great job capturing everything about this sequel that seems promising. Hammond's idealism, a dream realized, and the inevitable repercussions - all in less than thirty seconds. Very nice!

mb-cg

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2014, 06:06:10 PM
Awesome! My favorite Hammond quote. You need to do MORE! ;D

You could probably use some of Hammond's quotes from Trespasser as well... ;)
Thank you! When I thought about doing the teaser, the first quote that went to my mind was that. I have the Rex modeled, so if there is still no official trailer, maybe I do a new one  :D

Quote from: Patrx on September 02, 2014, 06:48:40 PM
Fantastic work! You did a great job capturing everything about this sequel that seems promising. Hammond's idealism, a dream realized, and the inevitable repercussions - all in less than thirty seconds. Very nice!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I was lucky to find the music and the Hammond's quote and both fit well. That was the idea I tried to tell.

alexeratops

I didn't know you could do animation! Cool!
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I eagerly await any other animated work you choose to share! Even if there is an official trailer I say give it a go..the fans never get enough. ;)

mb-cg

Hello everyone, after finishing some projects I could finally start working again on my dinosaur models. The most exciting project I finished was a collaboration with Universal Pictures doing a video for Jurassic World, in this case an animation for Masrani Global (www.masraniglobal.com):

And here is the progress on the Pegomastax,  if you have any suggestion about the model or possible poses just let me know  :D

tyrantqueen

Very exciting news. Good to see a new model from you, too :)

Patrx

Cool animation! I particularly liked the little refraction effect when the camera moved out of the amber stone :)

The Pegomastax looks great! Have you considered a sitting pose? That would be very unusual.

amargasaurus cazaui

Probably the only reward for modeling a species known from just a few scraps of the jawbones, is that it makes it practically impossible to say what is or is not accurate about the model. Just looking at the model and working with the idea of the adult being 60 cm in scale, did you have an idea what size your model would be?
  I think you got it right for the dinosaur, its hands, feet, and body pretty well, given that we have nothing but other similar dinosaurs to compare with. The detail of the face and skull are pretty spot on given the fossils known .......
  If I were to question anything , it would be more of an artistic question...in the style of integument used. I notice the numerous small patterns look like small triangles....but it was assumed the dinosaur had more of a porcupine style quill thing with its covering. I wondered if that was the nearest or most likely style to make using the digital modeler and stay within printing parameters and so forth? My only other question and it is impossible to tell without a head on shot, is how thick is the skull from side to side in the model? The restoration shows the skull as very narrow or almost axe shaped from beak towards the eyes,in the artistic image they provided looking at it from the front.
  As to poses, a lying down shot as Patrx suggested would be very nice, as would a rooting or clawing at something on the ground type pose.....perhaps nest making or digging for bugs even. A scratching itself on a tree pose would be interesting...or perhaps one I have always pondered having made, a urinating style pose, that could be incorprated into a diorama scene....running is always a common pose as well, and perhaps also something in a rearing pose...as if angered or defensive?
  Love the model and find it fascinating.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Excellent work on the animation! Hope it opens up many new doors for you! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: