News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2023

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2022, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 12, 2023, 09:56:20 AMMinizoo just sent out a newsletter with the timetable for the new releases -

JANUARY
Triceratops
Hadrosaurus
Ruyangosaurus
Ceratosuchops
Brighstoneus
Shastasaurus
Mosasaurus

MARCH
Koolasuchus
Anomalocaris

JUNE
Stegouros

That's pretty early for a majority of the releases.  It's a shame I'm not really planning to buy any of them at this point. :/

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So that means March, May and September for UK I think.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Prehistory Resurrection

DragonRider02

Do we know what's being retired in 2023?

Halichoeres

Place a big order in January, or wait and place a bigger order when Koolasuchus is out? Decisions, decisions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

An A @Andysdinosaurreviews already got the whole bunch at home? Well, good for everyone i would say :D

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres January. So the Koolasuchus has its own Spotlight when it ships to you.

SenSx

Oh did not expect Koolasuchus to be that big.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 13, 2023, 06:30:55 PMPlace a big order in January, or wait and place a bigger order when Koolasuchus is out? Decisions, decisions.

I am getting a lot of their extant stuff to, so I'll have good purchases all three times LOL.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could wait until they are more available..I guess it all depends how much you want them.

Prehistory Resurrection

Lynx

Why does the figure actually look pretty good
An oversized house cat.

SidB

I agree with Andy, the dark wash really makes a significant impact on the overall paintwork of the figure. For once I'm pleasantly surprised at a CollectA for this.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 13, 2023, 07:18:19 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres January. So the Koolasuchus has its own Spotlight when it ships to you.

That's a pretty good idea actually. Very exciting to be getting another temnospondyl after so many years.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pliosaurking

This figure looks much nicer than I originally thought. Honestly might be better than their deluxe version. I don't have the deluxe one, so I might just get this little fella instead.

suspsy

Here's my updated crew of CollectA cutthroats!

L to R: Jolly Roger, Bowsprit, Salmagundi, Manowar, Capt. Black Bart, Keelhaul, Long Ben Every, Anne Bonny, and Cutlass.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

As you can see, Black Bart is the longest prehistoric sea creature CollectA's done yet. Also the largest Mosasaurus figure that I'm aware of outside of Mattel and Recur.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes naming their prehistoric marine life. I have a large Kaiyodo Elasmosaurus I named Harpoon and the last 1:1 model I made of a Dolichorynchops I named Flounder lol

Kapitaenosavrvs

CollectA is a driving Force to me when it comes to Dinosaur Figures. PNSO hyped up the whole game with a new Standard. And new Prices. CollectA gets better and better, i almost sound like a fanboy now. :D

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not ashamed to admit I have never heard of this species before. Those front teeth looks a bit human sort of like he's smiling lol

SidB

Ordered a Ruyangosaurus from Minizoo this morning. By recent experience, shipping is faster and cheaper than from the UK (post Brexit woes?).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: