You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on September 06, 2023, 12:47:02 PMI think it would be best not to create "Eofauna - New for X year" threads, regardless of them posting advances, until they show a finished figure and explicitly mention it is due for release at a given time. Meanwhile, I think the discussions could take place at the Eofauna general thread instead.

Same goes for Wild Past too. There is also the "Wild Past - New for 2023" thread and we don't even know if they will end up releasing any figures this year.
I just want to point this out as it was a conversation I just had with Wild Past regarding an order.

Materials have gone up in price making it more difficult to release figure(s). So either the company doesn't make figures consistently or they're avoided in general (which hopefully doesn't happen).

This may be the same case for Eofauna given that they don't even focus on figures in the first place.

So I do agree that it would be best for companies like this to have a general discussion thread more so focused on then this "New for ____" thread.

Over9K

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on September 05, 2023, 06:40:59 PMMan still no update...i dont get it im pretty sure they could def use the Money a rex would provide. Why they delaying it this much with no updates to keep the hype up.

There is no delay, because we didn't have a release date. Can't push back what we don't have in the first place.

Halichoeres

It's okay by me if they just focus on getting their ornithischian book published!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shane

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 08, 2023, 04:52:21 PMIt's okay by me if they just focus on getting their ornithischian book published!

Has this officially been announced? Are they doing a whole book for ornithischians or separating it into ceratopsian, thyreophorans, etc.?

I enjoyed the theropod and sauropod books, beautiful illustrations and lots of information, although the way things are organized seems needlessly confusing.

Concavenator

ceratopsian

I'm personally much keener to have the ornithischian book than another model. It will be very much up my street!

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 08, 2023, 04:52:21 PMIt's okay by me if they just focus on getting their ornithischian book published!

Sim

I have only one Eofauna figure, the Diplodocus, and I would like more.  I'm not interested in Eofauna's books but I wish them the best with regards to the books.

SidB

As 2023 starts to wane, I find myself not terribly concerned about the hoped-for appearance of the projected rex. Really, we've got some fine ones already this year and with the emergence of skilled paleoartists to put lips on non-lipped figures, I simply don't feel any urgency as regards the Eofauna T-rex.

However, I'd really love to see a new proscidian from them. They are just the very best in this regard. The TNG Stegodon and Wooly Mammoth were a very pleasant surprise and an Eofauna release would be icing on the cake.

suspsy

It's simply a matter of being patient. That Tyrannosaurus rex will arrive in due course and it will undoubtedly be magnificent.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleo Flo

Word. Can't wait for it.
Meanwhile PNSOs Andrea the female T-Rex has moved in. I think this model could be timeless because of it's unique appearance.
Man, teh skull is so awesome.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Abobo

#Eofauna Tyrannosaurus SUE
Material: PVC
Tamaño: 34cm. Largo x 13 cm Alto.
Escala: 1:35

Pliosaurking

Wow, that looks really good! I quite like that paint scheme!

SenSx

Looks really good.
Does it have articulated jaw ?
It does not look like it on that picture.

Carnoking

I guess my dream of a purple Saurian style rex lives on.
Oh well, this looks pretty stellar in its own right, although I'd like to see some closeups of the head as I'm worried that area might be a bit muddy.

edu

I need to see more of it. It looks good, and different to other reconstructions in some way. It may be the way the mouth has been reconstructed. Hope we can close it...

Bread

Looks good!

My only complaint is that base. Why not a clear display rod? There seems to be a perfect spot for one too!

SRF

It looks good in its own right, but I think it missed the hype train a little bit. It's feels like it has been ages since we've gotten the first pictures of the digital sculpt.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread Gauranteed to sag over time like many top heavy figures with bases like this (like many CollectA figures have done). At least the PNSO styled rod base provides better support for that area long term.

Apparently the coloration was designed by Andrey Atuchin. It is nice, and kind of reminds me of the BotM Tarbosaurus a little, but I kind of prefer some of the other options out there. Plus I have a feeling PNSO is going to do a lipped T. rex too and now I want to wait and see for that a bit (nevermind I have Rebor's Kiss and BotM 1/35 so really don't need a new one for a long time anyways, but who knows if I change my mind once in hand pics surface).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

It's a great figure for sure and probably very well researched but it doesn't wow me somehow. And I'm not a fan of full dark face paint schemes so maybe that contributes a little to not feeling it completely.

Gwangi

There's only one picture to judge it by so my opinion might change but I like it more than PNSO's and Rebor's T. rex. I don't have either of those so I'll very likely get this one to be the accurate T. rex in my collection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: