News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 07, 2023, 05:16:27 PM
Quote from: SenSx on October 07, 2023, 10:37:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 05, 2023, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on October 05, 2023, 07:12:22 PMI can live without the quills seeing as something that fine at this scale probably would have just arrived broken off anyway. Unless they explored some material akin to their recent Carnotaurus arms but perhaps they decided not to bother seeing as such a feature would just create a different issue for paint variants, in this case a female with quills.

Possibly, I've seen several ways they could have done it though, heck I could probably do it myself.   I just have so much I'm looking for reasons not to buy something more than anything.  There are Prime 1 JP3 Raptors coming too..

Did Prime 1 announce anything ?

JP3 Raptor statues but they haven't went up for preorder yet

Yea but I've only seen the 1/6 male one...
Too big for me if they are all 1/6, why can't they stick to their previous scale ?
They made JW Blue in 1/10...

BlueKrono

Despite the seeming lack of interest it looks like the V.2 Mosasaurus sold out in just a few days. What's worse is I reached out to BBTS and they basically told me that they won't be getting any more. So I guess this one has gone the way of the dinosaurs. 😞
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on October 07, 2023, 06:36:47 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 07, 2023, 05:16:27 PM
Quote from: SenSx on October 07, 2023, 10:37:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 05, 2023, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on October 05, 2023, 07:12:22 PMI can live without the quills seeing as something that fine at this scale probably would have just arrived broken off anyway. Unless they explored some material akin to their recent Carnotaurus arms but perhaps they decided not to bother seeing as such a feature would just create a different issue for paint variants, in this case a female with quills.

I think IS will also release some, they are doing The Lost World ones now.

Possibly, I've seen several ways they could have done it though, heck I could probably do it myself.   I just have so much I'm looking for reasons not to buy something more than anything.  There are Prime 1 JP3 Raptors coming too..

Did Prime 1 announce anything ?

JP3 Raptor statues but they haven't went up for preorder yet

Yea but I've only seen the 1/6 male one...
Too big for me of they are all 1/6, why can't they stick to their previous scale ?
They made JW Blue in 1/10...

I think IS will also release some, they are doing The Lost World ones now.

dragon53

BLUEKRONO:

I posted not too long ago about the Bigbadtoystore blue Mosasaurus with base was sold out, then not sold out, then sold out, then not sold out, then sold out. After it was originally sold out, I checked every day and then it was not sold out, so I preordered it and watched its preorder status change a few times within a week or so.
I assume some people were cancelling their preorders  so they could preorder the version that resembles the Sideshow Mosasaurus.

Bottom line: you might check the preorder status to see if they change again.
I just checked:

striped without base--3 available
striped with base--1 available
blue without base--2 available

Sold out:  blue with base and "Sideshow" version

Joliezac

Joliezac

BlueKrono

D @dragon53 I was referring to the "Sideshow" one. I saw it available the first day, then not since then.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

Just got my notification from BBTS that the Lord of the Abyss 2.0 should be processing soon!

dragon53

I also just heard from Bigbadtoystore. :)

"Thank you for pre-ordering Jurassic Series Lord of Abyss 2.0 Full Mosasaurus (Pit Lord) Deluxe 1/35 Scale Figure (Standard Grade) from BigBadToyStore!
We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse."

dragon53

Bigbadtoystore has all the Nanmu Mosasaurus versions available for preorder again, except the "Sideshow" version.

I wonder if the preorder fluctuations are due to BBTS is getting new stock or preorder cancellations.

blnadal

The Dragon Soul version of "KING OF GIANT APES" is basically designed. The current job is to strengthen the details of its foundation, and I believe I will see you soon.

Carnoking

Speaking of Dragon Soul, just got yet another email from BBTS that the DS Mosasaurus has been canceled (yes, I caved and pre-ordered it).

The email mentioned that they failed to meet the minimum order requirement, which seems odd because pre-orders sold out a while ago?

How do you meet a minimum order requirement on something that's limited to 500 copies?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Carnoking on October 16, 2023, 09:12:50 PMSpeaking of Dragon Soul, just got yet another email from BBTS that the DS Mosasaurus has been canceled (yes, I caved and pre-ordered it).

The email mentioned that they failed to meet the minimum order requirement, which seems odd because pre-orders sold out a while ago?

How do you meet a minimum order requirement on something that's limited to 500 copies?

That's baffling. I'd order it right now if I could, but now they've gotten it canceled. Great business model.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

Quote from: Carnoking on October 16, 2023, 09:12:50 PMSpeaking of Dragon Soul, just got yet another email from BBTS that the DS Mosasaurus has been canceled (yes, I caved and pre-ordered it).

Yea mine got cancelled too unfortunately, I asked for some more details and they said this:

"I do apologize for this cancellation! There was a miscommunication regarding the initial manufacturer solicit that was provided to us. This was actually a promotional item with an MOQ associated with it that was attached to other items. We unfortunately were not able to meet these requirements due to order numbers and were then forced to cancel Pre-orders."

MOQ here means minimum order quantity. I think what they are saying is Nanmu needed them to sell a certain quantity of the non Dragon Soul mosasaurus figures, and if that quantity was not met then they would not send over the DS version. Which is too bad, I have collected almost every single Nanmu figure to this point, but I'm not willing to drop $500 on this figure on ebay lol. I feel like there is always something with their Dragon Soul figures, I'm thinking to stop collecting them from now on.

Carnoking

Thanks for sharing those extra details avatar_Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex @Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

I was wondering if it had something to do with Nanmu not having enough DS left to send to BBTS but it's interesting to hear Nanmu is holding out because BBTS didn't sell enough of the standard mosas (again, seeing as those were in and out of sold out for the past several months)

There's still ED as an option but shipping costs being what they are that would nearly double what I was willing to spend at BBTS and I was on the fence about shelling out that much for the figure.

Oh well, guess I just wasn't meant to have this one.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Yea exactly I looked at ED as well, but with shipping the figure ends up costing nearly $400! And I was already on the fence about buying the BBTS one too. Definitely too much for me for just a single figure. Might as well literally buy the Sideshow mosasaurus at that point.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex on October 17, 2023, 12:12:41 AMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Yea exactly I looked at ED as well, but with shipping the figure ends up costing nearly $400! And I was already on the fence about buying the BBTS one too. Definitely too much for me for just a single figure. Might as well literally buy the Sideshow mosasaurus at that point.

I might could help you with a WDragon Mosa if interested? I mean if your considering those numbers..

dragon53

Andy's Reviews got his from Lana Time, but they're sold out now.

Carnoking

Quote from: dragon53 on October 17, 2023, 12:53:55 AMAndy's Reviews got his from Lana Time, but they're sold out now.

I never even saw it listed for sale on Lana. Wonder if it was just by request or if they reached out to previous DS customers?

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Andy's review said he got his from Lana Time, he suggested viewers to order from Lana if they were still available and posted Lana's link with his review.

Andy mentions Lana at 22:15 elapsed time in the Youtube below this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: