News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

I just ordered myself a brown version. Might even get the other later - the blue looks good too.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2023, 06:57:47 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, I think that image with the silhouettes isn't showing what Haolonggood will produce.  Note how the Nasutoceratops isn't in the image, and that vampiredesign said the models will be cooler than the silhouettes and not to look at the silhouettes.

I have the PNSO Allosaurus and I think there's nothing wrong with it.  With both it and the Safari 2019 Allosaurus people have been saying the large thumb claw is missing, but in my copies of both figures the thumb claw is bigger than the other finger claws...  And Dinosdragons shared a somewhat confusing summary of the PNSO Allosaurus head shape, but they didn't express inconsistencies in the skull shape.  Just that it could be either fragilis or jimmadseni.  But I think that it could be either species is incorrect and yes, consequently the person Dinosdragons consulted was incorrect too.  The skulls of the two Allosaurus species are distinct and the PNSO Allosaurus is clearly based on jimmadseni, something which was confirmed in a PNSO video where it was said the PNSO figure is based on the Big Al specimen.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Haolonggood would make an Allosaurus as it's a very popular species.  However I would prefer they didn't or at least that they didn't soon, as I'm happy with my two Allosaurus figures and I'm eager for Haolonggood to make something I don't have!

And on that note, I too would like a Kentrosaurus!  I'm pretty sure the smaller stegosaurian silhouette isn't a Kentrosaurus as Kentrosaurus had large spikes all the way along its tail.  But again, I don't think the silhouettes indicate what is coming.

Ooh thanks for the update, will take that silhouette chart with a pinch of salt then.

Thanks also for breaking down the Allosaurus point, it's good to know that the thumb claw seems to have been represented correctly after all. Perhaps it was an issue with the original batch of figures that was fixed further down the line? Also I didn't know that the person DinosDragons cited turned out to be incorrect too - I might actually set my sights on PNSO's Allo again after this!

Good to know there are other Kentrosaurus fans out there (:

vampiredesign

SidB

Maybe it's just the lens, but these do seem somewhat more bulky than the Safari Nasutoceratops.

Thialfi

Flaffy

Mellow Stego

Those pics sold me on it.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

suspsy

I have no interest in another Nasutoceratops toy, but this one does look really, really good,
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

I don't have a Nasutoceratops in my collection yet and since the Safari one isn't available anymore, I'm very tempted to pick this one up. Looks better imo than the Safari as well.
But today, I'm just being father

Over9K

Skin detailing reminds me of REBOR before the Carnotaurus rex...

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on March 13, 2023, 07:53:01 PMSkin detailing reminds me of REBOR before the Carnotaurus rex...

I'd say it's more in line with PNSO's 2020 works. The scale detail is on the overstated side but the texture doesn't feel nearly as repetitive as REBOR's old detail work. I mean for one thing, you can actually see the tension lines and folds of skin on forming with the movement of the animal, something I feel like old REBOR was almost always missing in favor of the same texture stamp over and over again.

SRF

Quote from: Carnoking on March 13, 2023, 08:29:38 PM
Quote from: Over9K on March 13, 2023, 07:53:01 PMSkin detailing reminds me of REBOR before the Carnotaurus rex...

I'd say it's more in line with PNSO's 2020 works. The scale detail is on the overstated side but the texture doesn't feel nearly as repetitive as REBOR's old detail work. I mean for one thing, you can actually see the tension lines and folds of skin on forming with the movement of the animal, something I feel like old REBOR was almost always missing in favor of the same texture stamp over and over again.

Agreed, I think this Nasutoceratops will probably display better alongside the 2020 Pachyrhinosaurus and Sinoceratops than PNSO's own Styracosaurus and Centrosaurus. For me that's a good thing, I still have a soft spot for PNSO's 2020 releases.
But today, I'm just being father

Prehistory Resurrection

Fembrogon

I think this release is looking like a sure winner. Interesting about the skull and frill discrepancies, though; I'm curious what led to those qualities being changed or left out.

Flaffy

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 15, 2023, 01:40:39 AMI think this release is looking like a sure winner. Interesting about the skull and frill discrepancies, though; I'm curious what led to those qualities being changed or left out.

Yeah I've mentioned the horns before. And I agree with DinosDragon that since Nasutoceratops is only known from limited but good remains, it's important to capture what we DO know from the specimen(s), rather than speculate on features that may or may not be present on other individuals of the same species.

Sim

I'm a bit put off by how extremely muscular the hindlimbs are.  And also by the skull inaccuracy, I expect better from Haolonggood as they've shown with their Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus and Dicraeosaurus.

JimoAi

looks to be the difinitive Ouranosaurus. no Dino expert so I'll let the experts comment on it

Carnoking

YES! I've been waiting so long for a new Ouranosaurus figure! Well done!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ouranosaurus. Finally.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: