News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Looking forward to better pics! So far I'm liking what I see. Wish we got a Walking With Dinosaurs colour scheme homage though ;)

V @vampiredesign What species is this Allosaurus meant to represent? Is it based on Allosaurus fragilis?

Quote from: Faelrin on July 16, 2023, 06:07:16 AMBlue one reminds me of the highly articulated Jurassic Park toy done by one of David Silva's pals. Name escapes me atm, but I'm sure you all know the toy I mean.

TBH it resembles the BaBR colour scheme to me. Deep muted blue + subtle red crests.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I'm not seeing that really to be honest? Other then the crests (which may be the same color as the back, hard to tell right now), and belly coloration maybe, it seems to have a teal blue color, and orangish back, which is more similar to that particular figure, at least what can be made out with such a low res image of it. Bits of white on the limbs like the below figure as well. See here (I should have posted this yesterday night, but I was tired and going to bed):

Now I'm not saying it is the exact same, more that it uses a similar color pallette (again at least the way it appears in this first image). It will be interesting to see how it compares when there are better images, or perhaps even when there are in hand pics/video of the final products. It could turn out to be more or less like either.

I'm also wondering on the species. Really hard to make a judgement call with the poor quality. Like it appears to have the flatter jawline of A. jimmadseni (although if it has lips maybe that impacts how it is looking? Although if I recall right with the Cyberzoic figures, they were still readily distinguishable even with lips), but rest of the head shape is giving me A. fragilis vibes. Gonna need better pics, etc for a much better idea.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

They look pretty good! I just need to see those actual high quality images now.

V @vampiredesign my one concern is will there be a clear plastic support rod for the therapods? Like this Allosaurus.

Gwangi

I like what I'm seeing, enough to know that I want it. And so far my preference is for the blue one.

Faelrin

Curious, what Allosaurus (unless both) do folks plan to get for their Apatosaurus, if they pick one of these up? And what color Apatosaurus did one get/want (unless both)?

I'm wondering if it would be better to have contrasting schemes or color matching. So like which one of these is preferred?

-Blue Allosaurus with orange/brown Apatosaurus
-Blue Allosaurus with grey Apatosaurus
-Orange/brown Allosaurus with grey Apatosaurus
-Orange/brown Allosaurus with orange/brown Apatosaurus

I wonder if Haolonggood will eventually introduce a Stegosaurus into the mix? They have such a great way with colors, I'm curious how they could tackle the most famous of the stegosaurs, and how it would compare with any of the above combinations.

Samrukia

i got brown Apatosaurus and planning to buy blue Allo  :)

Samrukia

QuoteI wonder if Haolonggood will eventually introduce a Stegosaurus into the mix? They have such a great way with colors, I'm curious how they could tackle the most famous of the stegosaurs, and how it would compare with any of the above combinations

oh yes, i hope they complete Morrison formation classics with Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus

Sim

If Haolonggood does Stegosaurus, I hope they do S. ungulatus, I already have TWO excellent S. stenops.  From the Morrison Formation, I'd also like Ceratosaurus nasicornis by Haolonggood.

I'm not interested in this Allosaurus as I have two great Allosaurus figures, but I'm very interested in the Dilophosaurus!  The Haolonggood Allosaurus looks like A. jimmadseni to me.

Bread

Uhhh... sorry to differ from the discussion of the new Allosaurus and all, but this was shared by paleofiguras on facebook.

Can anyone translate? From what I get it is an Alamosaurus rumor.

Duna

Quote from: Bread on July 16, 2023, 05:14:38 PMCan anyone translate? From what I get it is an Alamosaurus rumor.
Yeah, it says:
"The rumour was that in this picture you can see the prototype of a sauropod of the brand. It was rummoured that they could be working on a Brachiosaurus and even if that the Apatosaurus sold well, they wouldn't rule out the production of a larger figure like an Alamosaurus"

I will die for a large Alamosaurus!!! Or even a Brachiosaurus. I don't have any good brachiosaurus now.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on July 16, 2023, 05:05:46 PMIf Haolonggood does Stegosaurus, I hope they do S. ungulatus, I already have TWO excellent S. stenops.  From the Morrison Formation, I'd also like Ceratosaurus nasicornis by Haolonggood.

I'm not interested in this Allosaurus as I have two great Allosaurus figures, but I'm very interested in the Dilophosaurus!  The Haolonggood Allosaurus looks like A. jimmadseni to me.

I would v e r y much like a model of Stegosaurus ungulatus. I have PNSO's and an ungulatus would make a great companion!

Samrukia

yeah, that's why i wrote about Brachiosaurus  ;)
Quote from: Samrukia on July 16, 2023, 04:53:13 PM
QuoteI wonder if Haolonggood will eventually introduce a Stegosaurus into the mix? They have such a great way with colors, I'm curious how they could tackle the most famous of the stegosaurs, and how it would compare with any of the above combinations

oh yes, i hope they complete Morrison formation classics with Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on July 16, 2023, 05:14:38 PMUhhh... sorry to differ from the discussion of the new Allosaurus and all, but this was shared by paleofiguras on facebook.

I hope its Brachiosaurus
Others are excited but I am think about tge shipping cost >:D
I hope they make it either
attachable for assembling so it thats less space

or hollow.

Rumours of S.ungulatus are also exciting.
Does anyone know how long they figures stay in stock before they discontinue?

thomasw100

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:57 PM
Quote from: Bread on July 16, 2023, 05:14:38 PMUhhh... sorry to differ from the discussion of the new Allosaurus and all, but this was shared by paleofiguras on facebook.

I hope its Brachiosaurus
Others are excited but I am think about tge shipping cost >:D
I hope they make it either
attachable for assembling so it thats less space

or hollow.

Rumours of S.ungulatus are also exciting.
Does anyone know how long they figures stay in stock before they discontinue?

Sorry but I would have to disagree to this. If anything bothers me about dinosaur figures, it is if you see clear seam lines between body and tail or body and neck, or even more than that. This is the main reason why neither the Rebor Diplodocus nor the Nanmu Apatosaurus were an option for me. It would be really a waste if Haolonggood would sacrifice on the quality of the figure for saving a few bucks in shipping costs. Realistically these large sauropods will only be bought by serious collectors. Considering that the Apatosaurus was about 100 USD (with discounts maybe a bit less), an even larger sauropod will probably cost 150 USD. At this price tag, the shipping costs would only be a moderate fraction of the price of the product. Lana Time Shop for example offers decent shipping rates. I got my brown Haolonggood Apatosaurus from them and shipping to Germany was even free. I paid 20 USD in shipping for my Nanmu large Brachiosaurus.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Ooooh boyyy. My heart just skipped a beat.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Fully agree about that particular Stegosaurus species (it's like the poor Pachyrhinosaurus species, or T. prorsus, always getting left out), and also the need for a new Ceratosaurus too. I think the last was Papo's, not counting PNSO's very large one, and that was released like back in 2017 I think?

Off hand do you know which Allosaurus species lived with S. ungulatus as well? My favorite species of Allosaurus is A. jimmadseni because of my childhood favorite Big Al specimen, and the whole WWD special on it. Either species are good picks though. Honestly after passing on the Safari and PNSO one (though both sculpts are excellent, but not my preferred choice of coloration which Haolonggood has nailed, and I haven't felt this way since I first came across Papo's in like 2012), this is finally the one for me to "retire" the Papo one. Still a favorite of mine, but certainly far from being paleo accurate these days (crocodilian integument, pronated wrists, wide head, etc).

I think if Haolonggood's does indeed have lips, it would be the first lipped Allosaurus model with an articulated jaw, just beating the punch before the much larger sized Cyberozoic/BotM ones can be produced.

Sim

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, what I know is the following:

Morrison Formation, with units from oldest to youngest with allosauroid and stegosaurian species present in each:

Tidwell Member: Hesperosaurus mjosi
Salt Wash Member: Allosaurus jimmadseni, Hesperosaurus mjosi, Stegosaurus stenops, "Stegosaurus sulcatus"
Brushy Basin Member: Alcovasaurus longispinus, Allosaurus fragilis, Allosaurus jimmadseni, "Saurophaganax maximus", Stegosaurus stenops, Stegosaurus ungulatus

ceratopsian

I am completely with you on this, T @thomasw100.  I don't like detachable necks and tails as I'm too aware of the join.

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 16, 2023, 06:17:51 PMSorry but I would have to disagree to this. If anything bothers me about dinosaur figures, it is if you see clear seam lines between body and tail or body and neck, or even more than that. This is the main reason why neither the Rebor Diplodocus nor the Nanmu Apatosaurus were an option for me. It would be really a waste if Haolonggood would sacrifice on the quality of the figure for saving a few bucks in shipping costs. Realistically these large sauropods will only be bought by serious collectors. Considering that the Apatosaurus was about 100 USD (with discounts maybe a bit less), an even larger sauropod will probably cost 150 USD. At this price tag, the shipping costs would only be a moderate fraction of the price of the product. Lana Time Shop for example offers decent shipping rates. I got my brown Haolonggood Apatosaurus from them and shipping to Germany was even free. I paid 20 USD in shipping for my Nanmu large Brachiosaurus.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks. That's not something I expected to be honest, like as far as both species of Allosaurus and Stegosaurus being present concurrently. Then there's also Saurophaganax, which may or may not be another species of Allosaurus anyways, to add into the mix. I mean I guess it makes sense though, as we have numerous extant animals belonging to the same genera. It's a bit rare to see something like that going farther back with the fossil record, because of the preservation bias however. Didn't the Morrison formation also have multiple species of sauropods within the same genera co-existing as well? Might very well be one of the most diverse dinosaur ecosystems out there, and that's saying something as some Cretaceous period ones come pretty close. Would have been a sight to see for sure, if we were there, and it wasn't lost to time anyways.

There's also the thing where one species evolves into the next, which I think has happened with Pachyrhinosaurus, and other ceratopsians? That's what I was expecting earlier with Allosaurus species in particular.

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: