News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 02, 2023, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 01, 2023, 11:20:21 PMI actually like the figure and would be the one I get in case I was looking for an O. megalodon. However, I'm definitely not interested in such a taxon. In my opinion, it's the single most boring prehistoric animal ever (and why not, the most boring animal ever, extant ones included). The excessive attention it receives doesn't help, either. Good news for O. megalodon fans, though!

Can't find the exact post right now on Baidu, but I saw Haolonggood say their next release would be a herbivore. Looking forward to find out which. With how much they've shown to care about fans' wishes, and considering how many people have asked for one, I think a Kentrosaurus seems likely. Or/and maybe the rumoured Chasmosaurus. There's also the confirmed Edmontosaurus, too.

It is a Dacentrurus. There are already many pictures on the website of Lana Time Shop (New Arrivals). It is available for order (I believe this is pre-order). There will be a green and a red variant:
https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/hao015

What a beautiful figure! It certainly came as an unexpected but glad surprise with all the Allosaurus & Dilophosaurus discussion :))
I'm glad I didn't buy the collectA's for sure. This will make a fine addition to my collection (but not for my savings) haha
P.s it's already for sale on AliExpress (My Online Toy Store) for 22.99 each (without box).
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO3F7L8

ceratopsian

It' already up on AliExpress too.  About £18.50 with box, including shipping - a bit less if you collect AliExpress's "coins" (loyalty discount).  Plus of course 20% VAT for the UK!  So it worked out at £21.55 each for me.

Jose S.M.

They look lovely for sure! I have the Battat Dacentrurus in my collection and it's a very charming figure but I'm tempted by this.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 02, 2023, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 01, 2023, 11:20:21 PMI actually like the figure and would be the one I get in case I was looking for an O. megalodon. However, I'm definitely not interested in such a taxon. In my opinion, it's the single most boring prehistoric animal ever (and why not, the most boring animal ever, extant ones included). The excessive attention it receives doesn't help, either. Good news for O. megalodon fans, though!

Can't find the exact post right now on Baidu, but I saw Haolonggood say their next release would be a herbivore. Looking forward to find out which. With how much they've shown to care about fans' wishes, and considering how many people have asked for one, I think a Kentrosaurus seems likely. Or/and maybe the rumoured Chasmosaurus. There's also the confirmed Edmontosaurus, too.

It is a Dacentrurus. There are already many pictures on the website of Lana Time Shop (New Arrivals). It is available for order (I believe this is pre-order). There will be a green and a red variant:
https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/hao015

Ohmy, this is a beautiful pair of Dacentruruses. This is the HLG we know! Can't wait to see more pics and videos. This species was never on my "to-get" list but it might very well be, now. These also give me great hope for other Stegosaurids down the line.

Edit: Looks like they also listened to feedback about 1. washes and 2. highlighting the mouth/outline of the mouth more~

Not much to say about the Megalodon, just that it's good to see HLG expanding their repertoire and potentially opening new doors for other species down the road for collectors.

Very good stuff, V @vampiredesign !

vampiredesign

Dilophosaurus Still modifying the design,Not yet, there are many new products ahead of it。Don't worry, there are many other toys in the middle.
Kentrosaurus It's too small, so I chose it Dacentruruses,I hope to meet your expectations.

edu

V @vampiredesign I've to say that i am impressed with the quantity and quality of the output of your company. Great job!
Hope for a lipped dilophosaurus  ;)

Bread

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 02, 2023, 11:26:55 AMDilophosaurus Still modifying the design,Not yet, there are many new products ahead of it。Don't worry, there are many other toys in the middle.
Kentrosaurus It's too small, so I chose it Dacentruruses,I hope to meet your expectations.
An amazing figure the Dacebtruruses are! Definitely excited to see your line up of products continue! Thank you for the dedication and output for the community. Splendid to hear there are more to come!

SidB

For once, it seems, I'm sort of hung up on which one to get. Mind you, I've grabbed both variants before, but once again, I've being compelled to be space conscious. Leaning towards the green ... but the other looks sooo good too.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 05:01:34 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2023, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 01, 2023, 03:30:23 PMI have the PNSO and the GIANT AAA great white so I'm good on MEGs. Base is ok, kind of reminds me of all those beach souvenirs?

The 23" AAA great white is a holy grail figure of mine. Used to have one as a kid. Makes for a great Meg since it's a rather inaccurate white shark. Just got the 23" AAA dolphin a couple weeks ago.

I saw it at SeaWorld back in highschool, kicked myself ever since for not getting it. It really feels and looks like a monster..something i think most imagine when thinking of Megalodon, and the huge size really sells it too.  I think there is a killer whale too?  Wish they had made a giant Moby Dick like sperm whale too..

The dolphin I have also has a Sea World sticker on it. And yeah, if dolphins were monsters they would look like this toy. You're right that there is also a killer whale, I've seen it on eBay while looking for the shark. A sperm whale would have been fantastic for that line.

The Dacentrurus looks great but I'm not terribly excited about it. Guess I'm still content with Battat's. I'll still probably end up getting it though.

ceratopsian

I went for both. It made for an exciting start to a wet summer's day! First thing I noticed was how the mouth was discreetly marked. I cannot believe how quickly you are managing to release new models V @vampiredesign! So many new herbivores for my collection!

Carnoking

Oh and I just got around to ordering the last three herbivores... hm, I'm detecting a pattern here.
Oh well, guess I'll add these to the list for down the line.

Remko

The shark is a bit too small for my taste at just 22 cm.

But the Dacentrurus looks pretty good at 22 cm in 1:35th.
Given that Dacentrurus is basically the largest stegosaur apart from Stegosaurus (and I think there are suggestions Dacentrurus is actually the largest of the group) it stands to reason that a figure would reflect this as well.
The rearing CollectA is nice and big, but not very accurate.

Ambre

Not a big fan of the Megalodon but the Dacentrurus looks amazing!!
I think i'm going to pick the red one but both versions are awesome!

Sim

Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting this!  The Dacentrurus looks so good!  I'm not sure which colouration I prefer.  It's lovely, I love stegosaurians.  Thanks for explaining why you didn't make Kentrosaurus, V @vampiredesign.  I'm still looking forward to the Dilophosaurus, and I hope a Chasmosaurus comes soon!

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, I did think you would like the Dacentrurus!

Faelrin

I wasn't expecting to see another beautiful pair of stegosaurs so soon.

Dacentrurus is pretty fragementary to my knowledge, but this does look to be in line with some of the few skeletals I've been able to find, other then basing it on other stegosaurs.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TlatolophusJuanorum

Excellent surprise by this unexpected yet amazing figure, V @vampiredesign:))  Also, as Sim said, thanks for the Kentrosaurus feedback. It is always pleasing to see Haolonggood's openness to suggestions and comments.
I'm looking forward to see the forthcoming Edmontosaurus and sauropod (+ more surprises)!  ^-^

Basilosaurus

eagerly awaiting the Maip Macrothorax!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 02, 2023, 12:50:00 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 05:01:34 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 01, 2023, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 01, 2023, 03:30:23 PMI have the PNSO and the GIANT AAA great white so I'm good on MEGs. Base is ok, kind of reminds me of all those beach souvenirs?

The 23" AAA great white is a holy grail figure of mine. Used to have one as a kid. Makes for a great Meg since it's a rather inaccurate white shark. Just got the 23" AAA dolphin a couple weeks ago.

I saw it at SeaWorld back in highschool, kicked myself ever since for not getting it. It really feels and looks like a monster..something i think most imagine when thinking of Megalodon, and the huge size really sells it too.  I think there is a killer whale too?  Wish they had made a giant Moby Dick like sperm whale too..

The dolphin I have also has a Sea World sticker on it. And yeah, if dolphins were monsters they would look like this toy. You're right that there is also a killer whale, I've seen it on eBay while looking for the shark. A sperm whale would have been fantastic for that line.

The Dacentrurus looks great but I'm not terribly excited about it. Guess I'm still content with Battat's. I'll still probably end up getting it though.

It really would have been.

I'll probably pick these up, I sort of wish it was standing up so I could replace the CollectA one lol

Gwangi

I've decided that if I get the Dacentrurus it will be the green one since I got the purple version of the Wuerhosaurus.

KeU

Does Dacentrurus have a shoulder spike? Curious if that was ever found.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: