News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Ohh very exciting to learn there are more plans for this year! Especially considering many of Haolonggood's recent releases represent overdue species too. The potential is huge!

Sim

I have the Haolonggood Carcharodontosaurus, Tianzhenosaurus and Pentaceratops and I love them all!  I'm planning to get the Haolonggood Apatosaurus too.  I'm very happy to hear there will be lots more Haolonggood figures, it will be difficult for me to wait for them! :)

SidB

I have the Tianzhenosaurus, the Carchodontossurus and the Ouranosaurus ( which is in the process of having its crests and manus modified  - perhaps ready by the end of this week). The Pentaceratops almost made it to me from Lana, but Canada Post botched the delivery and some other condo tenant scooped it up. Naturally, no recompense from either party, so I'm out 65 dollars canadian. I ordered another Pentaceratops from Dan and the Apato from My Online Toy Store. Hopefully they get here.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2023, 05:06:33 PMI have the Tianzhenosaurus, the Carchodontossurus and the Ouranosaurus ( which is in the process of having its crests and manus modified  - perhaps ready by the end of this week). The Pentaceratops almost made it to me from Lana, but Canada Post botched the delivery and some other condo tenant scooped it up. Naturally, no recompense from either party, so I'm out 65 dollars canadian. I ordered another Pentaceratops from Dan and the Apato from Ny Online Toy Store. Hopefully they get here.

im european so i might not understand, but how can life be so bad u dont get compensated after they fucked up your delivery and someone basicly stole it, cant u atleast get it back from the tenant?

SidB

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 29, 2023, 05:15:36 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2023, 05:06:33 PMI have the Tianzhenosaurus, the Carchodontossurus and the Ouranosaurus ( which is in the process of having its crests and manus modified  - perhaps ready by the end of this week). The Pentaceratops almost made it to me from Lana, but Canada Post botched the delivery and some other condo tenant scooped it up. Naturally, no recompense from either party, so I'm out 65 dollars canadian. I ordered another Pentaceratops from Dan and the Apato from Ny Online Toy Store. Hopefully they get here.

im european so i might not understand, but how can life be so bad u dont get compensated after they fucked up your delivery and someone basicly stole it, cant u atleast get it back from the tenant?
I hear you - it's the classic catch-22, there's no way out of the vicious circle.

ceratopsian

It would be the same here in the UK too. If the package had been delivered to the wrong address you would be ok. But not I think when it was left at the correct address but either a passer-by or a fellow inhabitant stole it.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 29, 2023, 08:09:15 PMIt would be the same here in the UK too. If the package had been delivered to the wrong address you would be ok. But not I think when it was left at the correct address but either a passer-by or a fellow inhabitant stole it.
There's a frustrating refinement to this episode, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - it was delivered to the community mail box and a key to the relevant compartment was supposed to be put into my private box. It wasn't. So I couldn't extract it. Furthermore, the key apparently went to the wrong box. That person took the package.
Upon investigation, Canada Post said that I had no case since it was 'delivered'! The supplier, Lana, says that it's up to Canada Post. So there.

ceratopsian

How infuriating S @SidB.  And how deeply unpleasant to know that someone you perhaps bump into in the lobby and pass the time of day with (rather than some random stranger) made off with it.

Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2023, 08:43:28 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 29, 2023, 08:09:15 PMIt would be the same here in the UK too. If the package had been delivered to the wrong address you would be ok. But not I think when it was left at the correct address but either a passer-by or a fellow inhabitant stole it.
There's a frustrating refinement to this episode, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - it was delivered to the community mail box and a key to the relevant compartment was supposed to be put into my private box. It wasn't. So I couldn't extract it. Furthermore, the key apparently went to the wrong box. That person took the package.
Upon investigation, Canada Post said that I had no case since it was 'delivered'! The supplier, Lana, says that it's up to Canada Post. So there.

TheImmortalEye

That is absolutely awful man

Remko

How did you pay for it? With Creditcard or PayPal it's often relatively easy to get your money back. Paypal especially.

SidB

Quote from: Remko on May 29, 2023, 09:58:45 PM

How did you pay for it? With Creditcard or PayPal it's often relatively easy to get your money back. Paypal especially.
R @Remko, I didn't know that! Thank you for that ray of hope. I'm going to contact Paypal tonight if possible and see if anything can be done.

SidB

Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2023, 08:01:26 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 29, 2023, 05:15:36 PM

I hear you - it's the classic catch-22, there's no way out of the vicious circle.
Well, well, well, an odd thing happened at the mail room this afternoon. Checking my personal mailbox, I noticed a rustling sound coming from the sorting area behind the boxes. went over, poked my nose in, and there was the mail person. I asked him about the missing parcel from last week - with a very sheepish look on his face, he reached down and lifted up a beaten up, bewraggled box ... my missing Haologgood Pentaceratops that no one could find and the buck that everybody and his uncle kept on passing. I have no idea how this came about and where it had been ... didn't even ask. I smiled, lightly absolved him and made off with my rescued prize...

Skorpio V.

What an end to the tale  ^-^
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

KeU

Quote from: SidB on May 31, 2023, 12:39:34 AMWell, well, well, an odd thing happened at the mail room this afternoon. Checking my personal mailbox, I noticed a rustling sound coming from the sorting area behind the boxes. went over, poked my nose in, and there was the mail person. I asked him about the missing parcel from last week - with a very sheepish look on his face, he reached down and lifted up a beaten up, bewraggled box ... my missing Haologgood Pentaceratops that no one could find and the buck that everybody and his uncle kept on passing. I have no idea how this came about and where it had been ... didn't even ask. I smiled, lightly absolved him and made off with my rescued prize...
I love a happy ending.
Congrats on finally getting the Penta.
What a journey it had.

ceratopsian

Oh my goodness!  Poor Penta must have thought he'd be trapped forever!  I'm so glad it worked out - but what are you going to do about the replacement?  Edit - I'd forgotten you'd ordered the other colour version as the replacement - good choice!!

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 31, 2023, 07:50:14 AMOh my goodness!  Poor Penta must have thought he'd be trapped forever!  I'm so glad it worked out - but what are you going to do about the replacement?  Edit - I'd forgotten you'd ordered the other colour version as the replacement - good choice!!
Yes, I almost ordered the same one, that would have been a waste.Amazingly, it turned out well enough.

Blade-of-the-Moon

just received my Apato from Lana : 

Remko

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 04, 2023, 05:44:45 AMjust received my Apato from Lana : 

Beautiful! Mine should arrive tomorrow.
Funny thing, I have two tracking numbers. One from Dutch post, the other from DHL.
I wonder if Lana made a mistake and send me two Apatosaurus figures for the price of one.
I'll have to wait and see I guess.

Renecito

Quote from: Remko on June 04, 2023, 10:45:10 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 04, 2023, 05:44:45 AMjust received my Apato from Lana : 

Beautiful! Mine should arrive tomorrow.
Funny thing, I have two tracking numbers. One from Dutch post, the other from DHL.
I wonder if Lana made a mistake and send me two Apatosaurus figures for the price of one.
I'll have to wait and see I guess.

That has happened to me and it turned out to be a small gift.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Stegotyranno420

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: