News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 23, 2023, 05:13:17 PMOreodont!

Man, I wish. You'd think someone would have made an oreodont by now.

Majungasaurus (or some other abelisaur) seems most likely.

Check out my customs thread!

bmathison1972

I was recently organizing my dino shelves, to make room for the coming CollectA. And I was thinking, so far I have no theropods in my 2023 'planned purchases' list. But then I thought, oh I bet Safari will have a few that I will get, as Safari has been rather theropod-heavy in recent years (all good stuff, too!)

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden I know what you mean. To me, it's normal to see the next year's Safari releases announced as early as September, even if the figures won't be out for a while afterwards.

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono, an oreodont figure would be a great companion piece for the fossils in my collection. It's a shame prehistoric mammals are so overlooked compared to dinosaurs.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren Mike Eischen (Paleo Sculpture on eBay) makes one. I just bought it but I'm in the process of returning it since a portion of the hind leg was broken and missing on mine.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

PrimevalRaptor

Agree with the Majungasaurus theory, the bit of the skull we see does feel a lot like it'd fit (and the colors are very classic abelisaur too I'd say).

Dusty Wren

avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus, Mike's oreodont is a nice one, but I'm still hoping for one made out of PVC. Sorry yours showed up broken!
Check out my customs thread!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Having just started a 1:1 Majungasaurus I'm going with that.  i wonder if it will be out in time to give me a reference?

Pliosaurking

I'm saying and hoping it's an abelisaur, possibly a Majungasaurus.

Flaffy

IF it's Majungasaurus, I wonder how it'll compare to the 1:35 Wild Past version.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on January 24, 2023, 12:06:51 AMIF it's Majungasaurus, I wonder how it'll compare to the 1:35 Wild Past version.
I think the consensus that it's Majungasaurus is almost certainly correct. But as a one-per-genus collector it will probably be a tough choice between this and Wild Past's. I think the plan to include Alcione with the Wild Past Majungasaurus was scrapped, right? If not that would have broken a tie in WP's favor.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 24, 2023, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 24, 2023, 12:06:51 AMIF it's Majungasaurus, I wonder how it'll compare to the 1:35 Wild Past version.
I think the consensus that it's Majungasaurus is almost certainly correct. But as a one-per-genus collector it will probably be a tough choice between this and Wild Past's. I think the plan to include Alcione with the Wild Past Majungasaurus was scrapped, right? If not that would have broken a tie in WP's favor.

When is the WP one supposedly releasing? Also can be handled a lot?  See I use certain pieces for display and dios others like Safari I use as references I can take to the shop, handle, measure, ect..they tend to get knocked over, dropped, covered in sawdust..they are truly working models lol

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2023, 12:51:06 AM

When is the WP one supposedly releasing? Also can be handled a lot?  See I use certain pieces for display and dios others like Safari I use as references I can take to the shop, handle, measure, ect..they tend to get knocked over, dropped, covered in sawdust..they are truly working models lol

If the previous two WP releases are anything to go by, they're pretty durable. But at 1/35 scale the level of detail on such a small model might be limited compared to the larger scale Safari's working with.

Doug Watson

How dare you!!!!😁

Duna

I'd say a Majungasaurus and sculpted by Doug, the snout looks very like his work.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 23, 2023, 04:15:58 PMI'll never like these teasers, but at least Safari is telling us when the actual reveal will be, which won't be that long.
I hope its weekly after this one
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Weekly would suit me just fine!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Majungasaurus would be great to see, even if the Wild Past one is still in the works. It's nice to have multiple decent options in several scales.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 24, 2023, 09:02:13 PM

How dare you!!!!😁

It's a worthy sacrifice lol At least the kids think so.  ;D

Halichoeres

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 24, 2023, 09:15:20 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 23, 2023, 04:15:58 PMI'll never like these teasers, but at least Safari is telling us when the actual reveal will be, which won't be that long.
I hope its weekly after this one
It's late January, so allowing for major holidays, we could see maybe 40 by the end of the year. Sounds about right to me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shane

I would not expect weekly reveals.

I can't specify the exact time frame, but reveals (and releases) will be occurring throughout the year.

So reveals will likely be more spread out, but there may be times when multiple items are revealed at once or in groups.

I can't get too detailed about it now, I just wanted to manage expectations.

suspsy

Not gonna lie, unless spacing out the reveals over the entire year is necessary because the toys are still in the process of being created, I don't like that decision one bit. But it is what it is.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: