News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Looking at the profile view on this group of photos, this PNSO reminds me a bit of the CollectA version.  PNSO doesn't normally model theropods with their heads looking up like this.

CARN0TAURUS

I feel for those that aren't happy with these new tyrannosaur releases :( 

A bit of guilt too, I collect a bit of everything but theropods are my favorites.  I've already forgotten about Cameron.  But these other four pending releases I've been wanting PNSO versions for 3-4 years now. So this is all super exciting!  Also, I'm encouraged by Keynes' scheme, I'm hoping it's a sign the other two will be colorful as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They really need to proof check the models they use for official  pics

I like this one better than the last one. I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is just sitting on a shelf though lol

Carnoking

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 11, 2023, 05:13:17 PMI feel for those that aren't happy with these new tyrannosaur releases :( 

A bit of guilt too, I collect a bit of everything but theropods are my favorites.  I've already forgotten about Cameron.  But these other four pending releases I've been wanting PNSO versions for 3-4 years now. So this is all super exciting!  Also, I'm encouraged by Keynes' scheme, I'm hoping it's a sign the other two will be colorful as well.

Really hoping for some blue on that Gorgosaurus. Say what you will about WWD 2013, those Gorgo designs were beautiful.

Jose S.M.

I kind of like this Lythronax more than Daspletosaurus but I wish it was more distinctive somehow. The CollectA one is one of my favorite theropods from them, if only it didn't lean so heavily on its base. So we can expect Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Teratophoneus, Bistahieversor or maybe even Nanuqsaurus in this coming days hehe.

Over9K

Ok, so how'r y'alls saying that... Keenz? Kaynus?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on June 11, 2023, 06:50:21 PMOk, so how'r y'alls saying that... Keenz? Kaynus?
"Kynes."
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

The Das is looking a bit leaner than it might be. It was a very muscular and well built for tackling large ceratopsians. But the oldest tyrannosaur Lythronax is looking a bit healthier than it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on June 11, 2023, 08:44:49 PMThe Das is looking a bit leaner than it might be. It was a very muscular and well built for tackling large ceratopsians. But the oldest tyrannosaur Lythronax is looking a bit healthier than it.
Yes, especially D.torosus, i heard it was the ancestor of Tyrannosaurines via anagenesis and thus was extremely robust compared to  albertosaurines.

Skorpio V.

WOW this one's a stunner, the head sculpt head-on is so aesthetically pleasing. The CollectA one and this are honestly distinct enough that one could make an excuse to buy both. Love the head sculpt on the CollectA one too.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

Quote from: Over9K on June 11, 2023, 06:50:21 PMOk, so how'r y'alls saying that... Keenz? Kaynus?
I think it's pronounced Keenz.  If you posted the second pronunciation on Creative Beast Studio's Facebook page, I think you would get people laughing at it, based on an incident involving part of "Yutyrannus" to be covered up.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim What do you mean by that Yutyrannus thing? What have I have missed out on?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, A @Andysdinosaurreviews's video of the BotM Yutyrannus had the word "Yutyrannus" behind the figure so that all that was visible was "Y annus".  A number of people responded to that thinking of a similar word to "annus".

ceratopsian

I would pronounce it as "canes" (walking sticks) - the way the economist JM Keynes is pronounced in my neck of the woods.

Thialfi

What I don't understand is why, much like their previous bunch of carcharodontosaurids, PNSO chooses to release species that look so much alike in direct succession. The result (for me at least) is that I suffer from a (in this case) tyrannosaurid burnout pretty fast.

I might pick up one for a general representation but I don't feel inclined in picking up the whole set exactly because they are so much the same. Mix it up with completely different species and a new tyrannosaurid (in this case) would feel a lot more unique and fresh with a couple of months in between them.

Of course nobody is forcing me to pick up anything, but in terms of hype, enthousiasm and spontaneity it just makes a lot more sense to me. Those factors alone would probably sell a whole bunch more figures.

But what do I know. Save for the lack of lips Keynes looks pretty great.

Baryonyx

Yes, it's almost as if there was a reason for releasing a varied group of figures in one go, as per the old method of Safari etc ::)

Looking at the first post of thread is a bit comical, if not ridiculous.
Would you like some  salt with your anchovies and soy sauce, or tobasco to compliment your chili oil and habanero sauce?

Sim

Quote from: Joel1905 on June 10, 2023, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 10, 2023, 08:50:17 PMI noticed that we're finally getting Tyrannosaurs to pair up with the Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, etc.

Shame that Edmontosaurus hasn't gotten a model yet by PNSO, would go great with the new Tyrannosaurus. I shouldn't say this but I'd be happy to pay ~$60 just for a huge 1/35 scale bull Edmontosaurus :P

I have a feeling that over the next 12 months, PNSO will redo Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Parasaurolophus next to keep in line with one, their improved skin texturing, and two, the beefier look that we know Hadrosaurs had. Their Tsintaosaurus is way more up to date in that regard and sticks out amongst their older Hadrosaurs. Also the Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus definitely need to be smaller to appease the 1:35 purists amongst us! (Me included)
As avatar_SRF @SRF mentioned, PNSO's older hadrosaurids already have the finer scales that have become standard for PNSO figures.  I find it hard to imagine new PNSO versions of Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Parasaurolophus as there is so little to change that I'm not sure there would be enough people wanting to buy them.  Personally I would be interested in a Parasaurolophus walkeri without back damage, a Sinoceratops without the weird double-pronged horns and a Carnotaurus with accurate integument.  But I don't think PNSO will do them anytime soon.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on June 11, 2023, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on June 10, 2023, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 10, 2023, 08:50:17 PMI noticed that we're finally getting Tyrannosaurs to pair up with the Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, etc.

Shame that Edmontosaurus hasn't gotten a model yet by PNSO, would go great with the new Tyrannosaurus. I shouldn't say this but I'd be happy to pay ~$60 just for a huge 1/35 scale bull Edmontosaurus :P

I have a feeling that over the next 12 months, PNSO will redo Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Parasaurolophus next to keep in line with one, their improved skin texturing, and two, the beefier look that we know Hadrosaurs had. Their Tsintaosaurus is way more up to date in that regard and sticks out amongst their older Hadrosaurs. Also the Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus definitely need to be smaller to appease the 1:35 purists amongst us! (Me included)
As avatar_SRF @SRF mentioned, PNSO's older hadrosaurids already have the finer scales that have become standard for PNSO figures.  I find it hard to imagine new PNSO versions of Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Parasaurolophus as there is so little to change that I'm not sure there would be enough people wanting to buy them.  Personally I would be interested in a Parasaurolophus walkeri without back damage, a Sinoceratops without the weird double-pronged horns and a Carnotaurus with accurate integument.  But I don't think PNSO will do them anytime soon.

With how much attention PNSO gives Sinoceratops, I was surprised that they didn't put it in the Museum Series initially. IF a remake were to come I'd expect it to be marked up to a premium.

Faelrin

I have no interest in a new Parasaurolophus or Lambeosaurus, etc. Although they, or at least the Parasaurolophus, lacks the neck musculature based on the 2021 (I think) paper, everything else about them is accurate (although the undescribed? Edmontosaurus hooves are still speculative), and appeals to me, that unless the new versions were to have the exact same level of detail (tiny accurate shaped scales), and coloration, and similar quality of the paint apps, I have no need of such. The only one that could use an update is the Corythosaurus, but that's only because the head is oversized. The rest of it is still quite nice and in line with their other lambeosaurine hadrosaurids. In fact if they return to doing hadrosaurids it would be best to get some saurolophine ones such as Edmontosaurus, Maiasaura, and Saurolophus first. Maybe other ornithopods like Ouranosaurus too. Edit: Their current Parasaurolophus is easily my second favorite figure from them period, as their Deinocheirus from last year has dethroned it. The Lambeosaurus is up there too, though I'm not sure where I'd rate it just yet, when there's still a backlog I have to catch up on. For the meantime, it sits in third place among the rest of my PNSO figures (which are just the mini Little Dinosaurs).

At this point in time, the only other figure I want to see get a remake (since they finally did one for Tyrannosaurus) is their Carnotaurus, in thanks to the 2021 paper revising how its integument should be restored, never mind PNSO themselves have gotten so much better at sculpting the scales on their figures. Their current Carnotaurus also wasn't even quite accurate to the older understanding of the integument, thanks to the oversized scales that some of their older models like Wilson also suffered from. Maybe a new larger/proper adult sized bipedal Spinosaurus would also be great, especially since the 2020 model was also released prior to them releasing their figures with clear support stands, though I'd rather they did something different like Baryonyx first, which they surprisingly neglected to do last year, despite doing Suchomimus, and that very fragmentary mis-assigned spinosaurid.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on June 11, 2023, 03:51:43 PM

I'd absolutely shell out for another big 1/35 scale Edmontosaurus. I have CollectA's and Ancestors (two different species) but neither have the realistic presentation of PNSO's figures.
Right on!

I feel the same regarding Ancestors. I've considered getting it and having it repainted to match the sort of realism as I feel the paintjob is lackluster, even though it is no longer widely available.
Again, CollectA and Safari's doesn't do it for me.

COME ON NOW PNSO PLEASE!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: