News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 28, 2023, 03:21:29 PMThe blue on the face that was there in the promo pics seems to be missing on the final figure? Kind of a shame cause I liked it more with that.
Me too, though I hadn't noticed its absence at first. Cost cutting?

SidB

Poor Hammond, he doesn't stand a chance! Love those long Albertosaurine legs.

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread Yeah I still plan to pick this one up (maybe next year, or later this year), and I think it is my favorite of this batch, maybe other then Cameron/T. rex. It's still quite nice without it, but that little bit did add a nice splash of color to the figure, and really helped separate it from the others. Thankfully it should be easy to just add it back in anyways. It seems the final figure's coloration here is also a tad bit darker then the Daspletosaurus. I imagine they'll all display nicely together, despite otherwise similar colorations. There's at least enough difference between their markings, and some subtle differences in the colorations to help set them apart.

Edit: Come to think of it though, this is just one particular sample. Will have to see a few more, in other lighting conditions to have a better idea if this is across the board, for like all of them, or if it is just this particular one.

S @SidB I'm wondering that as well? It's not often the products differ from the prototypes in any (significant) way, but it has happened with some of their figures (like the Borealopelta, and some others like the Stegosaurus, Centrosaurus, etc, even the Deinocheirus somewhat, but honestly I think the end result was even better in that one's case).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Paleofigures just shared more in hand photos and the blue is more prominent in this figure. Seems like it is a luck of the draw situation, which I hate to see.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Pachyventer on July 28, 2023, 10:41:04 AMThe PNSO store on Amazon is ON. Works for me at least.
That's good news amazons how I get them

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thanks for the heads up on that. Probably just a quality control thing that slipped through after all.

That said it could make for an interesting display of sexual dimorphism, had there been two intentional different variants (that one could pick from). The one without the blue representing a female, and the one with the blue representing a male. I think this image on paleofiguras account does a good job of showcasing that:

Bread

Paleofigures on facebook shared these in hand images:

I find that the Lythronax and Gorgosaurus to be the most attractive out of the four. Me personally, I am all for that Lythronax given how the figure also represents the specimens reconstruction image. Small details like that I always appreciate.

Anyways, I am REALLY curious to what PNSO will now reveal next. I feel as though this is the end of the Tyrannosaur wave.
Really hoping for a few more hadrosaurs. Maybe Spinosaurids? Realistically I don't see them going anywhere outside of popular niches.

Sim

The Gorgosaurus looks great!  Based on the rumors, it's possible there's still Bistahieversor left in this tyrannosaurid series.  I would be very interested in a spinosaurid series, and the rumored Irritator could be part of it, same as the much-demanded 1:35 adult Spinosaurus.  The rumors also mentioned Medusaceratops, so that might be the next plant-eater from PNSO.  I'm interested in all of these!  Although I hope PNSO makes deinonychosaurs (dromaeosaurids, troodontids, unenlagiids) soon.

Carnoking

Despite the similar aesthetics, I think these all look fairly distinct and well done. I don't know, I like em all, sue me

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on August 02, 2023, 05:20:58 PMThe Gorgosaurus looks great!  Based on the rumors, it's possible there's still Bistahieversor left in this tyrannosaurid series.  I would be very interested in a spinosaurid series, and the rumored Irritator could be part of it, same as the much-demanded 1:35 adult Spinosaurus.  The rumors also mentioned Medusaceratops, so that might be the next plant-eater from PNSO.  I'm interested in all of these!  Although I hope PNSO makes deinonychosaurs (dromaeosaurids, troodontids, unenlagiids) soon.

I really hope for the Medusaceratops. Hopefully they will add in a few more herbivores. For example, given the amazing quality of the Lingwulong from last year, there would me much potential for small sauropods. Like Saltasaurus, Shunosaurus, Europasaurus etc. Sauropods are really underrepresented in the releases of PNSO. Further to that, some more unusual theropods like Gigantoraptor or another Therizinosaur would be amazing. They could also showcase their potential for top quality feathered sculpts with one of these. Of course, any Ornithopoda, Thyreophora or Marginocephalia would be most welcome as well.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on August 02, 2023, 05:20:58 PMThe Gorgosaurus looks great!  Based on the rumors, it's possible there's still Bistahieversor left in this tyrannosaurid series.  I would be very interested in a spinosaurid series, and the rumored Irritator could be part of it, same as the much-demanded 1:35 adult Spinosaurus.  The rumors also mentioned Medusaceratops, so that might be the next plant-eater from PNSO.  I'm interested in all of these!  Although I hope PNSO makes deinonychosaurs (dromaeosaurids, troodontids, unenlagiids) soon.
Forgot about these rumors.

The Bistahieversor would be interesting. Not a problem to just keep adding to the backlog of Tyrannosaurs to acquire plus add lips + repaint.  ::)

The one thing about the possibility of a Spinosaurus is that "supposedly" Rebor's will be around the corner. If it is still a future release. Theirs will have lips (debatable for this genus but I like Mark Witton's take on it).

Medusaceratops is a great genus and definitely replaces CollectA's at last if the rumors are true.

Now...

Will they be able to compete with Haolonggood's paint application, quality, and price?

Sim

I really hope PNSO makes a Medusaceratops too, it's one of my favourite ceratopsids.  I have a feeling there will be a lot more herbivores from PNSO after they finish with their family groups, or that alternatively the Medusaceratops might even be the beginning of a ceratopsid wave.  Even though PNSO has made a lot of videos on dromaeosaurids, I get the impression they won't make dromaeosaurid figures soon, since they haven't for so long...  The only carnivorous dinosaur group I imagine PNSO could make a new wave of is spinosaurids.

I find it surprising that PNSO has made so few sauropods.  I wonder why that is?  I would be very interested in more thyreophorans from PNSO!  Since Haolonggood won't be making it, a Kentrosaurus from PNSO could be amazing!

I wasn't thinking of REBOR's Spinosaurus, I think it's a popular enough animal that both REBOR and PNSO could make it and they would sell extremely well.  Just like what's happened with REBOR and PNSO's most recent Tyrannosaurus figures.  Personally I'm not interested in REBOR's figures with detached tails so I really hope for an adult Spinosaurus from PNSO.

Faelrin

DinoNDragons review up now:

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2023, 05:13:20 PMPaleofigures on facebook shared these in hand images:

I find that the Lythronax and Gorgosaurus to be the most attractive out of the four. Me personally, I am all for that Lythronax given how the figure also represents the specimens reconstruction image. Small details like that I always appreciate.

Anyways, I am REALLY curious to what PNSO will now reveal next. I feel as though this is the end of the Tyrannosaur wave.
Really hoping for a few more hadrosaurs. Maybe Spinosaurids? Realistically I don't see them going anywhere outside of popular niches.

These guys look great all standing together - somehow the similar colours and striping still allow them to stand out quite distinctly from each other.

Now, if someone were to take a huge photo of the carcharodontosaurid lineup next to/facing the tyrannosaurid lineup...

On future releases: PNSO's instagram has been teeming with pterosaurs, so I wonder if that's a herald of things to come. Similar to how they did marine creature features, followed by some marine species.

TheCambrianCrusader

I really hope we get some pterosaurs, there's so many well known taxa that don't have good figures.

SidB

Its really true, the four tyra nosaurids in close proximity look really good!

dragon53

Gwangi

Finally! A decent Megalosaurus! And the first PNSO figure to get me truly excited this year.  ^-^

SenSx

Megalosaurus finally !

Did not expect that AT ALL

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: