News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Sorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans. The way that PNSO releases their models this year without much consideration of what the market and community might want (ignoring the demand for theropods with lips and ignoring the demand for dinosaurs from other groups) very much resembles this planning economy style of production.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 14, 2023, 07:05:45 AMSorry for the confusion with my comment about the 5-year plan. This was just a slightly sarcastic comment that referred to communist planning economies where they had 5-year plans.
I knew it! I didnt want to say it but I knew what you meant, and boy did it make me laugh  :D

SRF

Apparently I like brown theropods, because I find this Megalosaurus very appealing. Only thing that would hold me back purchasing this one could be its price point. This Megalosaurus is too small to be in the same price range as the Lythronax, Daspletosaurus and Gorgosaurus, so hopefully it will be cheaper.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't recall exactly, since I try to not engage. But there's so many.

triceratops83

I wonder if this Megalosaurus release means the next few models will be Afrovenator, Dubreuillosaurus, Poekilopleuron, Eustreptospondylus, Marshosaurus and Piatnizkysaurus?

I merely jest, though. I will be picking up this Megalosaurus and would buy any I just hypothetically mentioned.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on August 14, 2023, 11:28:33 AMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't recall exactly, since I try to not engage. But there's so many.
Well either way, I found a few of them hilarious 😂

Lynx

Not sure how I feel about this, it's a nice and sudden change, but it's another theropod.
I'll wait to see the price, not interested in getting more figures from PNSO or theropods at the moment, but that might change things.
An oversized house cat.

Faras

Domestic price is same as Sinoceratops/Miragaia/Pinacosaurus/Pachycephalosaurus/Nanotyrannus:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?abbucket=7&id=733744829358

Concavenator

Paleofiguras has posted some in-hand pics of the Megalosaurus.

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2023, 02:31:02 PMI'm not replacing my CollectA one. That figure is extremely underrated in my opinion.

Well, I'm considering whether to replace the CollectA figure or not. I still think the CollectA figure is really good and overlooked, but at the same time, I think PNSO's is the better depiction of a Megalosaurus of the two (lips aside and fragmentary as it may be). The one aspect that bugs me about the CollectA are those enlarged osteoderms at the base of the tail. It's just the PNSO's price that's holding me back, as usual with PNSO (disclaimer: in western countries).

According to my self-imposed 1 figure/genus rule, I would have to sell the CollectA one first. And even if I sold it, I would probably sell it for no more than 5 €. Would it be worth it to shell around 25 € more for this PNSO instead? Or anyone knows the approximate percentages that are applied during AliExpress sales? If there's a good sale going on and I manage to get some coupon, I might be interested.

JohannesB

My only Megalosaurus so far has been the one from Invicta/BMNH. This will be the perfect "update". I have been hoping for a beautiful Megalosaurus figure from PNSO.

Primeval12

CollectA made a really nice one in 2021 as well. It just has disproportionate feet.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator if I were you, I'd keep both until the collectA retires, then sell.

Concavenator

avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 ? To me the feet look to have an adequate size. Or if they're a bit enlarged, it isn't noticeable at all I'd say.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't buy a new figure of a genus I already have unless I've sold the previous one. But nice advice about waiting to see if the CollectA one retires. :P I hadn't thought about that. Could be a while, but it's not like I'm in a hurry after all, I have so much stuff to catch up on already...

Bread

It was never CollectA's oversized feet that bothered me. Someone pointed out that it had the face of a dog and I can never unsee that now.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on August 17, 2023, 02:12:19 PMIt was never CollectA's oversized feet that bothered me. Someone pointed out that it had the face of a dog and I can never unsee that now.
I didn't like the size, the feet, the tail feathers, the dog face. I didn't like it at all.

Fembrogon

I can see the dog resemblance, too - although, honestly, I feel like I've seen a lot of modern theropod artwork (usually tyrannosaurs) which ends up having a vaguely canine or ursine resemblance. Maybe some large theropod mugs really did look like giant reptilian mutts?  :))

Bread

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 17, 2023, 05:10:35 PMI can see the dog resemblance, too - although, honestly, I feel like I've seen a lot of modern theropod artwork (usually tyrannosaurs) which ends up having a vaguely canine or ursine resemblance. Maybe some large theropod mugs really did look like giant reptilian mutts?  :))
Yeah I've noticed this too. It's the lips really. But I don't have much of a problem with it unless it has a strong face resemblance in terms of "mood"

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 17, 2023, 04:21:27 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 17, 2023, 02:12:19 PMIt was never CollectA's oversized feet that bothered me. Someone pointed out that it had the face of a dog and I can never unsee that now.
I didn't like the size, the feet, the tail feathers, the dog face. I didn't like it at all.
Understandable. I think it's a pretty good model compared to what's available but there are gripes we have for it. Leads me to preferring the new PNSO version of this genus.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 17, 2023, 05:10:35 PMI can see the dog resemblance, too - although, honestly, I feel like I've seen a lot of modern theropod artwork (usually tyrannosaurs) which ends up having a vaguely canine or ursine resemblance. Maybe some large theropod mugs really did look like giant reptilian mutts?  :))
The connection I make with my dogs is this
Caniform->Gorgonopsid->Anteosaurid->Theropod with lips

Bread

Here are some in hand photos and comparisons of the new Megalosaurus

Seeing all the size comparisons really makes you think how prices are just all over the place with PNSO.

Carnoking

Man I'm really loving that blue face

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: