News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

PNSO seems to be rather fond of carcharodontosaurs, so Mapusaurus is likely in the future. There's also Tyrannotitan, which doesn't have any toys to its name AFAIK.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SenSx

Quote from: Gwangi on March 01, 2023, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: Antey on March 01, 2023, 01:28:56 PMGreat head sculpture! The PNSO responded promptly to the newest discovery. In theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!
I think we need to start a separate topic "How I hate everything that the PNSO does." I think it's already a local sport.

Every post made about the figure since it was shared here has been positive. Even the people that said they weren't interested in it (myself included) still praised it. You're creating drama for no reason.

Yep just speaking for myself that I'm not interested in this figure for personnal reasons.
I don't feel the personnal need to own all Carcharodontosauridaes, because I'm not interested, because I don't have the space right now nor the money.

But it's great for people who want to, especially since it is very unlikely to see such unknown species being made by other brands.
I would have loved the Giga to get that color scheme.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SenSx on March 01, 2023, 02:38:45 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 01, 2023, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: Antey on March 01, 2023, 01:28:56 PMGreat head sculpture! The PNSO responded promptly to the newest discovery. In theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!
I think we need to start a separate topic "How I hate everything that the PNSO does." I think it's already a local sport.

Every post made about the figure since it was shared here has been positive. Even the people that said they weren't interested in it (myself included) still praised it. You're creating drama for no reason.
I would have loved the Giga to get that color scheme.

I would have been okay with that too, but with this scheme already resembling the safari Giga, they probably didn't want to do their own Giga that way too.

Medzo

My most important point is that this should be around 1:35 as well. Otherwise I'm not interested at all.

Duna

That's an amazing figure. Although I only collect well known species, this is a must because it's such an important species. And WHY COULDN'T I say no to my favourite dragon.

Sim

This Meraxes looks nice, I like the colouration and I see they included known features such as the dip in the back and the large second toe claw.  I'm a little disappointed though as it looks nearly identical to PNSO's Giganotosaurus from last month.  I was hoping for something very different...  I hope they don't do another carcharodontosaurid or allosauroid next.

Another reason I don't want to get this Meraxes is I don't like dinosaurs with dips in their back vertebrae e.g. Meraxes, Concavenator, Ichthyovenator...  And that is the reason I prefer Spinosaurus to have the rounded sail shape rather than the M-shaped sail.

A good thing about PNSO doing similar animals is it makes them diversify their colourations!

Fembrogon

Oh, dear, that looks gorgeous. I'm going to have a hard time waiting for this one.
What a distinct color scheme, too! A smart choice to distinguish it from the similar-looking Giga.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 01, 2023, 04:44:18 PMOh, dear, that looks gorgeous. I'm going to have a hard time waiting for this one.
What a distinct color scheme, too! A smart choice to distinguish it from the similar-looking Giga.

Yes, auto buy for me, PNSO have become the undisputed masters of large theropods.  Their other figures are top shelf too, but nobody has yet matched what PNSO is doing with these natural walking poses using very small points of contact and the figures can stand easily on their own, it's fantastic!

This guy posted a video about it 9 days ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HJVqPbm8c

TheCambrianCrusader

I might actually pick this guy up over the Giga! It looks gorgeous and Meraxes is such an important new find for carcharodontosaurs.

Bit surprised they would put it immediately after the Giga tho given how almost indistinguishable the two are but that's just carnosaurs for ya

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SenSx

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 01, 2023, 02:26:23 PMNot gonna lie, with every latest release I'm a bit surprised they haven't done a 1:35 scale Cerato... thinking back on their recent releases it's such a mystery to me
Why they haven't done that animal yet. Same with Dilophosaurus for that matter...

Yes many medium size popular theropods like Ceratosaurus, Herrerasaurus (a crime), Megalosaurus (a crime too) Dilophosaurus and Cryolophosaurus (although we got the Safari models, but the Dilo is a bit outdated).

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SenSx on March 01, 2023, 05:31:22 PM
Quote from: Eatmycar on March 01, 2023, 02:26:23 PMNot gonna lie, with every latest release I'm a bit surprised they haven't done a 1:35 scale Cerato... thinking back on their recent releases it's such a mystery to me
Why they haven't done that animal yet. Same with Dilophosaurus for that matter...

Yes many medium size popular theropods like Ceratosaurus, Herrerasaurus (a crime), Megalosaurus (a crime too) Dilophosaurus and Cryolophosaurus (although we got the Safari models, but the Dilo is a bit outdated).

Luckily for us fans, Ceratosaurus has been done by other companies.  I own several, the collectA, the Mattel one, the papo, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting about.  Yes, PNSO has only ever made the giant one which for lack of space I never purchased it.  But at least us Ceratosaur fans have options, but what about Megalosaurus?  IMO, it should be one of the theropods EVERY company makes.  PNSO makes high quality theropods.  So personally, I'd LOVE to see them make a Megalosaurus.  I'm sure it would instantly be in the running for best ever, it surprises me that they haven't done one yet.

Paleo Flo

Oh yeah! A PNSO Megalosaurus would be great! It's definitive underrepresented in toyform.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Gwangi

All of those would excite me far more than any carcharodontosaurid.

Pliosaurking

I love the colour scheme! Well done to PNSO! I do love Carcharodontosaurs, but even I'll admit I'd like to see something different for their next few releases just to change it up and get new or underrepresented species. Although at least it's one that's well preserved. And I'm Probably getting this over the Giga, mainly because it's not a museum line figure. Although I'd like to see them compared to each other.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Renecito on March 01, 2023, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUSThis guy posted a video about it 9 days ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HJVqPbm8c

I saw it before on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/posts/pfbid021WA9rqzJcWk3pp8HJbgR3vrbyy4JXRqGV8LqbisGW11hHzGbAkGdMHx6p95D4wPTl

If you have any more photos of this beautiful beast I would love to see them, especially in color :)

Stegotyranno420

With those colours, this is The Spiritual successor to the Safari ltd Giganotosaurus  :))  :))

Sim

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 01, 2023, 05:57:29 PM

Luckily for us fans, Ceratosaurus has been done by other companies.  I own several, the collectA, the Mattel one, the papo, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting about.  Yes, PNSO has only ever made the giant one which for lack of space I never purchased it.  But at least us Ceratosaur fans have options, but what about Megalosaurus?  IMO, it should be one of the theropods EVERY company makes.  PNSO makes high quality theropods.  So personally, I'd LOVE to see them make a Megalosaurus.  I'm sure it would instantly be in the running for best ever, it surprises me that they haven't done one yet.

There's options for Megalosaurus too, mainly CollectA's and Toyway's...  But as much as I like British dinosaurs (I'm British) and megalosauroids, I don't want PNSO or anyone else to make a Megalosaurus for the simple fact that its appearance is unknown.  There's not much point in making dinosaur like that in my opinion.

As for Ceratosaurus, it's true there are options for it but none appeal to me and I consequently don't have a Ceratosaurus in my collection.  I would like to have a Ceratosaurus.  I'm sure the BotM version will be good but at 1:18 scale it will be too big for me.  So I'd like PNSO to make a 1:35 Ceratosaurus.

I too am surprised PNSO hasn't made a 1:35 Ceratosaurus and a Dilophosaurus yet, a Velociraptor too.  And I think Deinonychus should be made by every company due to its popularity and importance in changing the perception of dinosaurs from tail draggers to very active animals, and showing that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

Duck

Meraxes is fast becoming one of my favorites and now we have a cool figure of it! PNSO delivering as always   ^-^
He who dwells in pond

SenSx

What is so special with Meraxes ?
For me it's just a smaller Giga, but I'm a noob, and I don't know the story about it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: