News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SidB

What an amazing integument, depth of detail. PNSO started out very good and keep getting better and better. How do you say no to stuff like this, as a collector?

Lynx

Well, people wished for more exciting patterns and colors, and we got more exciting patterns and colors. I am not interested in yet another large theropod but this one is tempting.

I don't need another theropod, already got way too many, but man.
An oversized house cat.

SenSx

A great paint job for a specie I'm not  interested in, a waist for me  :'(

Kapitaenosavrvs

Nice Colours used for the Meraxes. Had to look it up, too. I forgot about it. Looks great, i like the slender appearing. But not a Figure i would buy. Not becuase i do not like it. Just because its too much. Good work and thanks for showing here.

Gwangi

Paint app looks great. Very reminiscent of the Safari Giga. Figure looks great too but it's not one that I feel compelled to own.

Jose S.M.

Now I'm going to have to decide between Giganotosaurus and this, well I'll wait to see them side by side to see if they look different enough.

Thialfi

Held off getting any of the PNSO carcharodontosaurids until their offerings expanded a bit (or theropods for that matter, save their Tarbo and Deinocheirus), and this is just perfect. Beautiful, unique colour scheme, not a Museum Line figure. Can't wait.

Antey

Quote from: Renecito on March 01, 2023, 12:23:18 PM

Great head sculpture! The PNSO responded promptly to the newest discovery. In theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!
I think we need to start a separate topic "How I hate everything that the PNSO does." I think it's already a local sport.

Lynx

Quote from: Antey on March 01, 2023, 01:28:56 PMGreat head sculpture! The PNSO responded promptly to the newest discovery. In theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!
I think we need to start a separate topic "How I hate everything that the PNSO does." I think it's already a local sport.

Respectfully, Antey, I haven't seen any of those complaints regarding the figure, besides people being tired of theropods, which is understandable because we just got a close relative a month or so ago and have had many, many theropods in general as of late.

An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Quote from: Antey on March 01, 2023, 01:28:56 PMIn theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!

Whatever are you going on about? No one here has said anything of the sort. It's all been praise thus far. Why are you making stuff up?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: Antey on March 01, 2023, 01:28:56 PMGreat head sculpture! The PNSO responded promptly to the newest discovery. In theory, a new kind of dinosaur, not yet represented in the model, should be of interest. But what do we see? Again the groans of the dissatisfied, then they are tired of theropods, then the coloring is again not the same!

Every post made about the figure since it was shared here has been positive. Even the people that said they weren't interested in it (myself included) still praised it. You're creating drama for no reason.

Faelrin

Wow I just recently said I wanted them to do this one, and they did it the madlads. It was just described last year too so that was fast. Like others have said, coloration is similar to the Safari Ltd Giganotosaurus. It's also not a museum line figure so I imagine it will be a bit cheaper then the Giganotosaurus.

Looking forward to getting this one for sure. I also suppose this may have been expected too, if not a relative. PNSO tends to reveal several related animals in a short period of time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

Wow, they discovered the other side of the color palette and put it on a Theropod!

Frankly it's very bold by their standards. I'm intrigued, but I want to see the final product. It's a striking beastie though.

And both of its feet seem well planted too. Wonder if it'll warp? I imagine so as usual, but this is a very pretty design. I've got to commend that. It's really pretty!

Carnoking

Another great sculpt, beautiful color scheme, and pretty cool to see PNSO tackle such a recently described animal! Maybe would have been nice to see something a little less similar to last month's Giganotosaurus so soon but that's hardly a complaint.

Eatmycar

Not gonna lie, with every latest release I'm a bit surprised they haven't done a 1:35 scale Cerato... thinking back on their recent releases it's such a mystery to me
Why they haven't done that animal yet. Same with Dilophosaurus for that matter...

Lynx

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 01, 2023, 02:26:23 PMNot gonna lie, with every latest release I'm a bit surprised they haven't done a 1:35 scale Cerato... thinking back on their recent releases it's such a mystery to me
Why they haven't done that animal yet. Same with Dilophosaurus for that matter...

Me too, they've already done an Allosaurus, Torvosaurus, and Stegosaurus. I'd be very surprised if they don't release a Ceratosaurus soon.
An oversized house cat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 23, 2023, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on February 23, 2023, 04:08:56 PMHonestly I'd rather have another shark next, or something along those lines. Cretoxyrhina and Helicoprion need more company, and there are criminally few prehistoric shark toys that aren't C/O. Megalodon.
How about a Stethacanthus or a Hybodus? I'd settle for a smaller-sized figure too.

We'll see, but they do tend to release these theropods in bunches, I won't be surprised if they follow the Lucas 2.0 with another large theropod.

I posted this a few days ago, sorry guys, I guess I jinxed it.  I too am looking forward to some new Sauropods from PNSO but I can't complain about this.  This looks beautiful and theropods have always been my thing.  Now I'm thinking we'll probably get a couple more before this run is finished.  Mapusaurus, Daspletasaurus, ...?

bmathison1972

Quote from: SenSx on March 01, 2023, 12:20:49 PMWait it's an alternative color for the Giga ?

Edit: My bad, it's a Meraxes, did not even know about it.
I actually wish the Giga had that color scheme.

When I saw 'Meraxes' I thought it was the anthropomorphized name PNSO likes to give its figures LOL. I was unfamiliar with the genus myself  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on March 01, 2023, 01:12:27 PMPaint app looks great. Very reminiscent of the Safari Giga. Figure looks great too but it's not one that I feel compelled to own.

Agree and same with me!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: