You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Superior Rulers of the Earth Prehistoric Playset

Started by OwossoHarpist, February 25, 2023, 10:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwossoHarpist

Hello. First time I posted here. Let me take a moment to introduce to you my 100% complete collection of 1987's Rulers of the Earth Prehistoric Playset from Superior. Put together after many months of excessive eBay hunting and spending a lot of $$ collecting every piece I can find in the best condition possible. I was able to get all three boxes in all versions, a great conditioned playmat, excellent, yet hard to find dinos and prehistoric life like the Parasaurolophus and the Megatherium, cavemen, tons of foliage, terrain, booklet, and even added some dinosaur models that should've been a part of the playset, like the skinny T. Rex, Dimetrodon, Plateosaurus and Triceratops, but they weren't. These additives are dark gray in color and go very well with the set I will now show you.

Here it is.

Hope you like what I did.  :)

EDIT: I moved the photos to Photobucket for better viewing. Sorry about the Watermark. I have yet to order a premium subscription to Photobucket.

EDIT #2: Moved the photos to my wordpress hosting site to get rid of the annoying watermarks.   

DinoToyForum

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid your images aren't showing up. You've used the correct code but it looks like the image urls you're linking to are protected/private.

Halichoeres

I'm also not able to see these images in Chrome, but I tried them in Firefox and some of them worked. I don't understand why there should be a difference. But from what I can see, it's cool setup! If someone had one of these in isolation, how would they distinguish them from other Marx clones?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't see the images, but I'm very familiar with the set. My grandparents bought me one when I was pretty young, probably from JCPenny or the Sears Christmas catalog. I have a few pieces left of it but not many. What I really miss and wish I had was the box, I loved that art.

OwossoHarpist

The links to the images are fixed. First I placed the photos into my Photobucket account and post them here. But the watermarks are too annoying for viewing so I move my photos to my personal Wordpress hosting account in hopes of having all of my photos public so you can see them. Sorry for the inconvenience. What do you think of them now?

Duna

Congrats for your amazing and very complete collection. I love all Marx dinosaurs and those mountain sets are my favourite!

OwossoHarpist

That's not all. I took photos of the Superior Playmat and load them up on my PC and edited it using Photoshop so I'll have extra copes of the playmat just in case I need a new one without having to waste time hunting it down in eBay.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow, you have all three sizes, too cool! I'd love a poster of that art just for nostalgia's sake.

Lanthanotus

Truly a charming set you built together with your ebay hunting. Congrats, I really love those old Marx molds :)

Ludodactylus

Oh wow, this awakens old memories. I must have had one of the smaller versions as a kid in the very early 90s. I have strong memories of the cavemen and the Marx Kronosaurus.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Fembrogon

That's a spectacular playset series! Those older brands would go all out in presentation. It's such a shame we really don't get products like this anymore!

Halichoeres

Now I can see it all! Very cool that you managed to get all those in one place.

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 26, 2023, 08:26:03 PMThat's a spectacular playset series! Those older brands would go all out in presentation. It's such a shame we really don't get products like this anymore!
Yeah, I'd love a big playset with Safari Toob-sized figures, for example. Since so much of the cost of producing toys now is tied up in the paint, and since people now expect their dinosaurs to be painted, it might be that something like this couldn't really be made for less than $150 now. I guess Papo has those stacking board playsets, but they don't come with any figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fossilized-Rubber

Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.