You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Flowervale St.' - An 80s Dinosaur Horror Movie with Anne Hathaway & Ewan McGregor

Started by GojiraGuy1954, March 17, 2023, 06:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

"Anne Hathaway will play a mother looking for her 15 and 12-year-old children in director David Robert Mitchell's upcoming film 'Flowervale Street.' Set in the 1980s, the project has been described as 'A Quiet Place' mystery/thriller with dinosaurs and reportedly has an 80-million-dollar budget. Oscar Issac was attached to the project to play the male lead at one point."

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

Universal: So, Jurassic World: Dominion is the final movie in the Jurassic Park saga.

Hollywood: Oh wow... movies with dinosaurs... that might just work...

Gwangi

It Follows is one of my favorite horror movies from recent years, and although it doesn't take place in the 80's it definitely has a 1980's horror movie vibe. A dinosaur movie set in the 80's could be interesting, hopefully the dinosaur designs aren't from the 80's though! We've had enough of that!

Eatmycar

Please for the love of God be Carnosaur getting a better book adaptation...

stargatedalek

I'm not going to get my hopes up, I liked Fringe but the Star Trek reboot films have left an unending bad taste. At least Abrams is only producing it?

CityRaptor

So JJ and Anne....you know, I consider Cloverfield overrated and that shakyy cam was giving him a headache. Characters were also unlikable. Now with Colossal, that also did not click with me. I know it was susposed to be comedy, but I just found most of it rather depressing. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dynomikegojira

Cautiously optimistic but I'm glad the Jurassic monopoly is over. I'm still dying for that Dinosaurs vs Alien to be revived.

Faelrin

After 65's designs I am keeping my expectations low. I also wonder how they intend to introduce the animals in this time frame.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

65 may have disappointed but I'm glad to hear it's only the first in a lineup of non-Jurassic dinosaur films.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Give me tail dragging dinosaurs and cavepeople..or futuristic laser weapons vs saurians..as long as the story is good and I can just enjoy it.

They said 80's? Maybe it's a Dino-Riders movie finally I'd be happy with that. There a 100 good stories with dinosaurs I'd love to see a movie about.

Kapitaenosavrvs

dyno77

you cant really have high expectations when it come to dinosaur movies in hollywood...
They have this image that a weak plot will do as long as there lots of loud explosions and effects...better of with some low budget dvd movie with hybrid monsters on my view...

Haven't seen 65, but i guessed it would be a letdown based on the trailer which was predictable and boring...the run and chase sequences of these type of movies is so boring even i could come up with a basic outline that would be more interesting and deep....

GojiraGuy1954

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/8/16/026m7v53hftk02qfdi7ikti5uhnn6j

Well, the movie has a name now, and it's 'Flowervale St.'

Quote"Flowervale St" has a budget of $85 million. Richtman describes it as a mystery/thriller with shades of "A Quiet Place". Hathaway plays a single mom, and they are looking to cast her two kids (12 and 15). Production was supposed to be begin this fall, but it could be pushed back due to the strike.

Over9K

Between Collossal and this I'm beginning to really LIKE Ms. Hathaway and the choices she makes in roles.

dragon53

Ewan McGregor will co-star with Anne Hathaway in the untitled dinosaur movie. It will be filmed in IMAX.

Carnoking

"Hello there."

*Velociraptor screeching noises

Gwangi

This project just keeps getting more interesting. At the very least it will have some decent talent. But so did 65.  :P

GojiraGuy1954

Ewan McGregor apparently doesn't know why people think his movie has Dinosaurs in it

Quote"Well, I don't know where they're getting dinosaurs from. That may or may not be the case. But no, I like [David Robert] very much, this film director, and I like very much the idea of working with Anne Hathaway. I've got a feeling that I think the two of us as parents will be... Yeah, I'm trying not to say anything. I've spoiled that part. We're both parents. It's gonna be fun, I think. It's difficult to say more about it without saying anything about it. I think you've got to take everything with a pinch of salt that you read online at the moment, you know what I mean?"

It might be over

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: