News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What were your firsts?

Started by Takama, March 19, 2012, 01:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudstone

I'm an oldy - mine were Marx Dinosaurs from Woolworths, and this baby:

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on March 19, 2012, 07:57:06 PM
As a kid, a couple of Chinasaurs. One a weird fin-backed warty newt-like theropod and the other was a stegosaur-type thing, I think. Long lost though!

As an adult...Papo Pachycephalosaurus. Bought for me as a gift and sparked off my interest in dino toy...uh...models all over again...

Could your theropod possibly be the green and purple one in the back?

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 20, 2012, 02:39:10 PM
It was very much like that one! Although it had a short newt-like fin running all the way down the back. And the colours were more sober...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Libraraptor

Some AAA- style Parasaurolophus and Invicta Diplodocus were my first ever Dinotoys!

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on March 20, 2012, 07:55:02 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 20, 2012, 02:39:10 PM
It was very much like that one! Although it had a short newt-like fin running all the way down the back. And the colours were more sober...

The one in the picture has a fin too. Here is a better picture of it.

Horridus

That's it! That's the one! But like I said, the colours on mine were a bit more sober. Just grey and green I think. No hot pink...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on March 22, 2012, 07:33:49 PM
That's it! That's the one! But like I said, the colours on mine were a bit more sober. Just grey and green I think. No hot pink...

You want it?

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 22, 2012, 08:38:06 PM
You want it?
Nah, you can hang on to that one. But thanks anyway.
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on March 22, 2012, 09:20:11 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 22, 2012, 08:38:06 PM
You want it?
Nah, you can hang on to that one. But thanks anyway.

if you say so, I honestly don't want it though. I got it in a lot and it now sits in a box in my closet.

stoneage

Here are my first dinosaurs, that I got when I was 9.

Himmapaan

That is a real treasure trove to have been given! How wonderful that you've been able to keep them since.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: stoneage on March 23, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

Hah that's truly awesome Stonage ! 8)

MPC they are right?
here a nice website with info of MPC :)
http://www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com/mpc-figures.html

Patrx

I had the same set when I was little, they were my first dinosaurs! I've been trying to find where I stashed them all those years ago, but to no avail thus far. They're not rare or anything, are they?

stemturtle

Stoneage, thanks for posting the photo of the Marx Prehistoric Times Play Set.  Your set is similar to the one I had, but my land form was a single piece and there were only 6 cavemen.  Although I did not like Dimetrodon, Sphenacodon, or Cynognathus back then, now I do appreciate them.  To correct myself, they are synapsids rather than mammals. You are lucky to have kept it all these years.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

stoneage

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 23, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
Quote from: stoneage on March 23, 2012, 09:02:35 PM

Hah that's truly awesome Stonage ! 8)

MPC they are right?
here a nice website with info of MPC :)
http://www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com/mpc-figures.html

No these are the original Marx figures, Pre-MPC which came latter and were for the most part Marx knockoffs.

http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/marx.htm

Here's a picture of the box.

Tylosaurus

Wow that's truly some epic stuff then mate :D So cool you still have them :D

stoneage

Quote from: stemturtle on March 23, 2012, 09:49:29 PM
Stoneage, thanks for posting the photo of the Marx Prehistoric Times Play Set.  Your set is similar to the one I had, but my land form was a single piece and there were only 6 cavemen.  Although I did not like Dimetrodon, Sphenacodon, or Cynognathus back then, now I do appreciate them.  To correct myself, they are synapsids rather than mammals. You are lucky to have kept it all these years.

Well I also have this set.  Is this the one you had?

stemturtle

Stoneage said, "Well I also have this set.  Is this the one you had?"
Yes, that takes me back.  You are a lucky guy!  :))

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Concavenator

Hi  :),
There's a long time since the last post for this topic,so I have put it newly.Here are my firsts:
Safari Ld.:
Carnegie:Brachiosaurus 2012,Spinosaurus 2009.
Wild Safari:Diabloceratops,Acrocanthosaurus.

CollectA:
Standard range:
Diplodocus.

Deluxe range:
Carcharodontosaurus (announced today for 2014).
Deinocheirus.

Deluxe 1:15:
Triceratops.

Prehistoric animals:
Megacerops.
Deinotherium.

Papo:
Running Tyrannosaurus.
Carnotaurus.

Bullyland:
Spinosaurus.
Therizinosaurus.

Schleich:
Velociraptor 2012.

therizinosaurus

While not my firsts exactly, the earliest figures I remember getting were the Bullyland Megatherium (my dad surprised me with this one at the La Brea Tar Pits), the Carnegie Protoceratops (my grandmother got me this one), and the Battat Diplodocus, Acrocanthosaurus, Gallimimus, and Ceratosaurus :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: