News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on December 01, 2023, 04:45:37 AMi'm surprised they haven't done a SC Pteranodon or Quetzalcoatlus yet.

I'd buy that.

DinoFan2010

4 new hidden hatchers have been revealed:
Carnotaurus, Indoraptor, Velociraptor (Green w/ Brown stripes), and Spinosaurus.
Three Crushivores have also been revealed:
Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and Dilophosaurus.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on December 01, 2023, 12:38:27 PM4 new hidden hatchers have been revealed:
Carnotaurus, Indoraptor, Velociraptor (Green w/ Brown stripes), and Spinosaurus.

I guess someone is buying them..

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 01, 2023, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: DinoFan2010 on December 01, 2023, 12:38:27 PM4 new hidden hatchers have been revealed:

I guess someone is buying them..

I have the T.rex, and I do want the Spino. They're pretty neat.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Prehistory Resurrection

Halichoeres

Rauisuchus is a little surprising considering they've already done Prestosuchus and Postosuchus. This will make them one of the top all-time producers of stem-crocodiles (after Safari and Bullyland).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2023, 03:51:24 PMRauisuchus is a little surprising considering they've already done Prestosuchus and Postosuchus. This will make them one of the top all-time producers of stem-crocodiles (after Safari and Bullyland).

One can only hope for the Poposaurus/Kaprosuchus sculptor to make a return for the Rauisuchus sculpt... rather than the Prestosuchus sculptor...

I've been cutting back on a lot of mainline releases, particularly the larger figures. But I just can't resist these more space friendly smaller releases!

Faelrin

A @Andysdinosaurreviews did an incredible job with that repaint. I almost thought it was official. It also surprisingly brings out the sculpt detail a tad bit better, and man now it makes me want an official one even more.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Faelrin on December 04, 2023, 05:42:31 PMA @Andysdinosaurreviews did an incredible job with that repaint. I almost thought it was official. It also surprisingly brings out the sculpt detail a tad bit better, and man now it makes me want an official one even more.
Indeed, I share the same feelings. Andy's repaints are on another level I must say. I guess the closest to an official "Demon" Carnotaurus from Mattel is the down-sized version from the Dominion Escape Pack set. It would definitely be better if it was the same size as the mainline versions I think.

Prehistory Resurrection

Speaking of custom-painted Hammond Collection Carnotaurus, I've also come across this one painted by the creator of the Youtube Channel Toy Adventures. This one is more faithful to the Demon Carnotaurus from the first Jurassic Park Kenner line rather than the Dominion Carnotaurus;

He also speaks of a potential giveaway.

Gwangi

Visited my local Walmart yesterday and as usual, it's clogged with stock from a year ago. Today I visited a Walmart the next town over and they had a much better selection. Was able to get the Poposaurus, and Eoraptor/Stegouros set. I'm surprised at how much I like the Eoraptor and Stegouros pair as I was not originally that interested in them. They're tiny and I love it! I hope Mattel gives us more small species in this size range. The Avaceratops was there but I don't like it very much. The new Plesiosaurus was there too but I don't need it. The Elasmosaurus is the only Mattel plesiosaur that I need. Like avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy said, it's easy to turn down a lot of the larger toys at this point but the smaller figures are still worth seeking out. 

Carnoking

I stopped in a Walmart while traveling this weekend and it was like entering the promised land! All the new Wild Roars and Danger Packs in droves. Only picked up the Ekrixinatosaurus though as I've been a bit too self-indulgent with all the holiday sales to justify buying all these new figures now. Plus, I haven't done any of my other holiday shopping yet :o

Still, it was fun to check them all out in person. I think all I'm yet to see for myself are the new strike attacks and Gigantic Trackers.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Saw the same two white Trikes and alone Neovenator today. Lots of new Allosaurus, recent Carno and that yellow/cream Rex with tracking gear.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 05, 2023, 04:14:22 AMSaw the same two white Trikes and alone Neovenator today. Lots of new Allosaurus, recent Carno and that yellow/cream Rex with tracking gear.

Yup, saw those as well. Not interested in any of them. Looking for the Ekrixinatosaurus and Gryposuchus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 05, 2023, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 05, 2023, 04:14:22 AMSaw the same two white Trikes and alone Neovenator today. Lots of new Allosaurus, recent Carno and that yellow/cream Rex with tracking gear.

Yup, saw those as well. Not interested in any of them. Looking for the Ekrixinatosaurus and Gryposuchus.

might get the Ekrixinatosaurus? I need to see it person. That HC Carno kinda beat anything else abelisaur-wise from Mattel for me. lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 05, 2023, 04:35:37 PM

might get the Ekrixinatosaurus? I need to see it person. That HC Carno kinda beat anything else abelisaur-wise from Mattel for me. lol

I feel the exact same way. Before getting the HC Carno I had planned on getting the Ekrixinatosaurus, now I'm not so sure. I haven't written it off completely but I would at least like to see it in person. Even if I decide I want it I would still wait for it to be on sale before buying it. I'll happily pay full price for the Gryposuchus though.

Faelrin

Collect Jurassic shared the remaining codes for the Wave 1 2024 minis:

D01G Velociraptor Blue & Yangchuanosaurus
D02G Spinosaurus
D03G Indoraptor & Geosternbergia
D04G Sinotyrannus & Kaprosuchus
D05G Majungasaurus & Kentrosaurus
D06G Triceratops & Pteranodon
D07G Carnotaurus & Stygimoloch
D08G Therizinosaurus & Dimetrodon
D09G Ouranosaurus & Baryonyx
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 05, 2023, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 05, 2023, 04:35:37 PM

I feel the exact same way. Before getting the HC Carno I had planned on getting the Ekrixinatosaurus , now I'm not so sure. I haven't written it off completely but I would at least like to see it in person. Even if I decide I want it I would still wait for it to be on sale before buying it. I'll happily pay full price for the Gryposuchus though.

I really don't know anything about the Gryposuchus to be honest, it's the first time I'm hearing about the animal. I recall Rebor made an Ekrixinatosaurus. just took their Disney Carno and removed the horns. I didn't bother with it then.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: