News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2024, 01:16:12 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2024, 06:12:49 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2024, 04:03:23 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2024, 03:57:04 AMAm I the only one who's perplexed at how Mattel still hasn't yet done another ankylosaurid? We've had a good number of stegosaurs and nodosaurids by now, plus Stegouros, but why not Euoplocephalus or Tarchia or Scolosaurus or Anodontosaurus or Ziapelta?

I did suggest in a thread (back when i still collected these toys)  that they should make a Euoplocephalus as a homage to the cancelled Kenner toy

Maybe they don't sell very well? Though I have sold the few from the last repaints they made.

Yeah, I don't buy that for a second. They've done at least seven stegosaurs and four nodosaurs; there's no way ankylosaurids aren't going to sell as well. Indeed, the biggest shelfwarmers I see in these parts are theropods.

I did say a maybe. I recall seeing a lot of them when they out and they went to clearance with most of the rest of the wave as well. Maybe it was a weak wave and kids didn't respond as well? I didn't buy a red version because well it wasn't red in the film lol   The theropods are shelf warming because that's just about all there is. You need herbivores too.  Walmart not seems to have the most current wave and the ones from last year finally.

These are what seems to be moving around here based on my searches of three walmarts and two targets.

Poposaurus
Avaceratops
Ekrixinatosaurus
Megalosaurus

What's not selling or there is too much of:
Plesiosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Neovenator
RUTHLESS RAMPAGE ALLOSAURUS
Orkoraptor
Irritator
Regaliceratops
TRACK 'N ATTACK INDORAPTOR
HUNT 'N CHOMP TYRANNOSAURUS REX
CAMOUFLAGE 'N BATTLE INDOMINUS REX
BATTLE CHOMPIN' CARNOTAURUS

Lots of big items and yeah mostly theropods. I do find that right after items have been clearenced out at one store people start to want them and they buy at another store often at full price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 21, 2024, 03:25:43 PMHaha, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I've thought about putting the Dino Riders Brontosaurus into the grass, but it has a hole, and it's quite comfortable being the garage's other patron saint. I'm extremely ocd and super allergic to the nature, so it's highly unlikely I'll be putting any of my dinosaurs into the grass. Ngl though, the pics might be better outside!!

Idk if it would help, but you could do a rock garden? No grass, very few plants mostly cool rock structures and no mowing required ;)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2024, 04:21:01 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 21, 2024, 03:25:43 PMHaha, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I've thought about putting the Dino Riders Brontosaurus into the grass, but it has a hole, and it's quite comfortable being the garage's other patron saint. I'm extremely ocd and super allergic to the nature, so it's highly unlikely I'll be putting any of my dinosaurs into the grass. Ngl though, the pics might be better outside!!

Idk if it would help, but you could do a rock garden? No grass, very few plants mostly cool rock structures and no mowing required ;)

I was in the process of creating a maquette indoors full of shrubbery, blue glass beads, natural rocks, etc. in order to display Dreadnoughtus and lots of other animals. I got the materials and everything ready, just not the space. Not yet anyways. It will look almost as good as the nature.

DinoFan2010

Photo of the Dennis Nedry set box. Low quality, but the Raptor is the 2022 sculpt, again. And no hatchling, which is odd. I hope they release another one of these sets, and hopefully with a baby Red Rex!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on February 22, 2024, 02:44:09 PMPhoto of the Dennis Nedry set box. Low quality, but the Raptor is the 2022 sculpt, again. And no hatchling, which is odd. I hope they release another one of these sets, and hopefully with a baby Red Rex!

The lack of a cheap hatchling bugs me. It doesn't take much to get me to go after something I don't have lol but there is really nothing here for me aside from the artwork.

I'm wondering if Mattel is pulling back for a toyline next year? Diverting resources.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received a notice from Entertainment Earth, they cancelled my HC Blue preorder citing they would not be getting any of them after all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wonder if Tiger will be trained or befriended by Ben?  He also looks to have a tranq gun maybe they are on a mission to recapture a Dilophosaurus?

Galaxy

Rauisuchus

Guanlong & Lystrosaurus

Gallimimus

Baby Apatosaurus

Dimorphodon

Primeval12

I'm biased ut that Guanlong is amazing! I love the Rauisuchus too.

crazy8wizard

I probably have some Triassic Archosauromorph bias but I really like that Rauisuchus. Big improvement over the Prestosuchus.

Gwangi

The Rauisuchus and Guanlong are spectacular! They're all decent, actually. I like the bit of red on the Gallimimus and the Dimorphodon is quite lovely too! But yeah, the Rauisuchus and Guanlong are the standouts. Hopefully they have decent distribution. From my wishlist I still haven't found the Kaprosuchus, Tuojiangosaurus, Gryposuchus, or Guaibasaurus. The smaller toys are often the most appealing and interesting but the hardest ones to find.

PrimevalRaptor

Those are really good, glad to see the Lystrosaurus in another set too, hoping they make their way over here (distribution for the small figures has been horrid in Germany) cause I'd really like that two pack and the Rauisuchus.
Crazy how Mattel is about to overtake Bullyland in Triassic fauna, huh

Faelrin

That Guanlong is like shockingly accurate. Feathered (edit: like fully, no weird over sized scales and spikes, like the recent Kileskus), decent proportions (aside from the large feet, and maybe too short tail). I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one sizes up with the BotM one. Massive upgrade from their previous proceratosaurids. I hope whoever worked on this one can give us a decent Yutyrannus in the line as well. It's nice to have a repack of the Dominion Lystrosaurus for anyone who missed out on it (or just didn't want to pick up the prior set because it had a human and repack of Beta).

The Rauisuchus looks great too. Mattel has been on a home-run this year with all their psuedosuchians (Kaprosuchus, Poposaurus, Gryposaurus, and now this one).

I like the Dimorphodon's colors. It's almost like the original Fallen Kingdom green one, but a bit different. The baby Apatosaurus is nice to see as well.

I'll get the op updated.

Edit 2: Now I'm kind of hoping for a decent sized Yinlong from them to go alongside that Guanlong.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Prehistory Resurrection

Don't know if this has been posted here already but there has also been a 12 inch basic figure of Allosaurus that has been revealed too;

It appears that Allosaurus will be the main dino dino villain of Chaos Theory, just like Toro in Camp Cretaceous.

On a side note, the new Danger Pack reveals are really a pleasant surprise. The colour schemes chosen really work well.

Faelrin

avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection I forgot to add it back in my above post but I did add it to the op.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Galaxy

New Ceratosaurus

And the new Parasaurolophus lights up

Cpt Red 3eard

That ceratosaurus looks pretty good for a JW figure.I really like the colors and I love how long the tail is.

Gwangi

Wow! The Ceratosaurus is impressive. Even I'm tempted by it and I already have the Hammond Collection version.

Galaxy

More Reveals Monolophosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Dilophosaurus and Gastonia

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: