News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Is there any consensus on what Pachy's nose horn looked like in life? Elasmotherium spike? Rounded like this one? Crazy and knobbly? The traditional butte-shaped look always struck me as strange and biologically unlikely.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 20, 2024, 07:38:55 PMIs there any consensus on what Pachy's nose horn looked like in like? Elasmotherium spike? Rounded like this one? Crazy and knobbly? The traditional butte-shaped look always struck me as strange and biologically unlikely.
Yes, the butte-shaped look is almost guaranteed correct. The keratin likely wouldn't change the overall shape much.

MLMjp

Therizinosaurus looks much better that the first picture, I'm sold now.

That new Pachyrhino is cool, but I'm torn...even if it represents a different species...Do I really need another one? I try to restrain myself to get duplicates of the medium and large dinosaurs unless it is a specific film variant or a Hammond Collection version...

That Super Colossal Allosaurus is an epic fail...glad I don't collect those!

Faelrin

I wish they would update the sculpt to fix the placement of the crests. Even the final film design has them in the right area, before the eyes. Instead they keep using the old concept art design for Battle at Big Rock. I mean I guess for the Super Colossal it isn't a big deal, but I really hope if/when they do a HC version they do fix it.

Therizinosaurus is a big win, and I can't wait to get it. Still need to pick up the Carnotaurus, etc at some point though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Just a random post or potentially something else?

Faelrin

Hmm I wonder. It would be great to see this one get a full sized figure (and last year's Kryptops). Only two minis without corresponding mainline figures now (since Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Postosuchus also didn't, but eventually did).

Prehistory Resurrection

Yet more pictures of the new upcoming Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus;

Galaxy

Gwangi

Better than the last mainline Para, that's for sure but the HC one suits me fine. This one might have a better head sculpt though.

Wish we would get a HC Dominion Para!

Faelrin

Hmm I think I like the 2020 version better, but I need to see in package pics for a better idea. The 2020 one had more articulation (in the head namely), and had that nice pink metallic paint on it. I think the 2020 (if not 2019) also did the hands better too? I think I have it on hand, but I'd have to dig it out of one of the boxes I have here. The hands are like the HC here, with that extra digit/thumb. At least the feet appear to be correctly three toed.

Edit: I guess this confirms Parasaurolophus lux will be present again in the new show?

I wish for a proper Dominion Parasaurolophus too (well there were three designs, but I mean the blue striped one mainly), especially a HC one. I mean if they are doing the Dimetrodon, Therizinosaurus, and Pyroraptor, and maybe the Giganotosaurus as well, then hopefully that one too (and the Demon Carnotaurus and Allosaurus). Was one of my favorite things to come out of the film (other then JWE2 and some toys of course).

EmperorDinobot

I do love me more Paras. I kinda wish they'd add a Corythosaurus to the mainline though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on February 20, 2024, 09:19:10 PMJust a random post or potentially something else?

Hmm I'd take a Diplodocus..not sure I'd want it based on that figure though? Would make a nice Sinclair piece though.

SC Allo..I'm torn, I love Allosaurus but it's that's new design from the current series.

The Theri an image of it compared with the old version was on FB, it's actually a bit smaller. I did see the wrists rotate, thank goodness.

Para is pretty awesome. Might pic it up. Seems more detailed maybe?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2024, 02:26:57 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 20, 2024, 09:19:10 PMJust a random post or potentially something else?

Hmm I'd take a Diplodocus..not sure I'd want it based on that figure though? Would make a nice Sinclair piece though.

SC Allo..I'm torn, I love Allosaurus but it's that's new design from the current series.

The Theri an image of it compared with the old version was on FB, it's actually a bit smaller. I did see the wrists rotate, thank goodness.

Para is pretty awesome. Might pic it up. Seems more detailed maybe?

Two possibiltys for the Diplodocus

Apperance in Chaos Theroy Netflix show leads to toy

Or.  Appeareance in the (yet unnamed) 7th film

EmperorDinobot

I cannot accommodate any more gigantic sauropods.

suspsy

Am I the only one who's perplexed at how Mattel still hasn't yet done another ankylosaurid? We've had a good number of stegosaurs and nodosaurids by now, plus Stegouros, but why not Euoplocephalus or Tarchia or Scolosaurus or Anodontosaurus or Ziapelta?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2024, 03:57:04 AMAm I the only one who's perplexed at how Mattel still hasn't yet done another ankylosaurid? We've had a good number of stegosaurs and nodosaurids by now, plus Stegouros, but why not Euoplocephalus or Tarchia or Scolosaurus or Anodontosaurus or Ziapelta?

I did suggest in a thread (back when i still collected these toys)  that they should make a Euoplocephalus as a homage to the cancelled Kenner toy

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 21, 2024, 03:17:57 AMI cannot accommodate any more gigantic sauropods.

Just pose them around the garden ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2024, 04:03:23 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2024, 03:57:04 AMAm I the only one who's perplexed at how Mattel still hasn't yet done another ankylosaurid? We've had a good number of stegosaurs and nodosaurids by now, plus Stegouros, but why not Euoplocephalus or Tarchia or Scolosaurus or Anodontosaurus or Ziapelta?

I did suggest in a thread (back when i still collected these toys)  that they should make a Euoplocephalus as a homage to the cancelled Kenner toy

Maybe they don't sell very well? Though I have sold the few from the last repaints they made.

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2024, 06:12:49 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2024, 04:03:23 AM

Maybe they don't sell very well? Though I have sold the few from the last repaints they made.

Yeah, I don't buy that for a second. They've done at least seven stegosaurs and four nodosaurs; there's no way ankylosaurids aren't going to sell as well. Indeed, the biggest shelfwarmers I see in these parts are theropods.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Haha, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I've thought about putting the Dino Riders Brontosaurus into the grass, but it has a hole, and it's quite comfortable being the garage's other patron saint. I'm extremely ocd and super allergic to the nature, so it's highly unlikely I'll be putting any of my dinosaurs into the grass. Ngl though, the pics might be better outside!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: