News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 24, 2024, 06:12:46 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 05:03:15 PMKnow what else is really needed besides another ankylosaurid? An ichthyosaur.
Absolutely. I've been itching for an ichthyosaur with poseable flippers and tail. Come to think of it, are there any articulated ichthyosaur figures out there?
one exists by lontic/happy kin. very rare.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 25, 2024, 01:07:01 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 05:03:15 PMKnow what else is really needed besides another ankylosaurid? An ichthyosaur.

BIG agree, Mattels marine reptiles have been pretty good so far and many ichthyosaurs would fit great in the attack pack range
for sure. i really hope we get some more, icthyosaurs and mosasaurids would be most welcome!

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 28, 2024, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on February 24, 2024, 06:12:46 PM
Absolutely. I've been itching for an ichthyosaur with poseable flippers and tail. Come to think of it, are there any articulated ichthyosaur figures out there?
one exists by lontic/happy kin. very rare.

I just found a pic and that's pretty impressive for a Happy Kin figure. Do you or anyone else on this form have one to show the range of motion?

Reuben03

i dont but i know avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres has one and we planned to do a deal but i never had the money at the time. good reminder for me to pick that up!

Faelrin

Um, been having a really rough week. Got paid, paid my cards, want to know what to get atm. Some figures are on sale at Amazon (last I checked). HC Carnotaurus or the big Triceratops from last year? I think the better deal is the Triceratops. Both are pretty much must haves on my wishlist I am behind on getting though. I might get the other a week or so from now once the funds hit my other cards. So what do you folks think and would recommend first? I also want the Elasmosaurus, but no sale on that one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on February 29, 2024, 01:32:43 AMUm, been having a really rough week. Got paid, paid my cards, want to know what to get atm. Some figures are on sale at Amazon (last I checked). HC Carnotaurus or the big Triceratops from last year? I think the better deal is the Triceratops. Both are pretty much must haves on my wishlist I am behind on getting though. I might get the other a week or so from now once the funds hit my other cards. So what do you folks think and would recommend first? I also want the Elasmosaurus, but no sale on that one.

Trike is a good deal. It's really nice too probably the best toy version we have ever had.  The HC Carno is a just beautiful too and you would probably get more fun out of posing it. Very hard choice.

Galaxy

Blade-of-the-Moon

the figure will have some cool motion. I'm a bit more curious what it's destroying and where?  Rex loose in the desert attacking cars and campers?

Carnoking

The movement almost reminds me of the animatronic spino toy from JP3

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 02, 2024, 02:53:37 AMThe movement almost reminds me of the animatronic spino toy from JP3

It's pretty nice. Much like the Spino. Man if they had made a Spino like this...

I might get one and repaint it when they go on sale.

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: Carnoking on February 28, 2024, 05:17:27 PMTherapist: Jacked Wayne Knight isn't real, he can't hurt you.

Jacked Wayne Knight:

ItsTwentyBelow

Have to say, that retro Dennis Nedry set is quite cool. That new figure looks like he could crumple the original Kenner Dennis Nedry into a little ball. They made him look so jacked here it's funny.

Love how the set fits right into Mattel's other '93 Classic stuff and Nedry's costume fits the theme of those newer Grant and Malcolm figures. The motorcycle screams Kenner too. I honestly don't need another of that raptor, but they gave it cool colors here that are a pretty close match to the JPIII Alpha velociraptor paint scheme from Hasbro in 2001.

crazy8wizard

The Alpha raptor paint scheme is neat but what bugs me a little is that it's not a 93 color scheme. What bugs me a lot is that there are two very distinct and recognizable velociraptors in the 93 line that they should have gone with first

Flaffy

I would've preferred an Estemmenosuchus and Ornithosuchus based on the cancelled 1993 versions. Preferably with more paint than the Scutosaurus homage.

Gwangi

Mattel has done so many croc-line archosaurs that it's somewhat shocking they haven't done Ornithosuchus yet.

Flaffy

Quote from: Gwangi on March 02, 2024, 09:04:11 PMMattel has done so many croc-line archosaurs that it's somewhat shocking they haven't done Ornithosuchus yet.

Same. Hope to seeing them round out their "-suchus" lineup along with a couple of other Kenner stragglers like the Lycaenops and Coelophysis. Plus plenty of Series 1 repaints to do, no need to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the Hasbro JP3 line...

I do hope Mattel considers repainting the previous non-dinosaur sculpts for new releases though. I know a lot of people missed out on the non-dinosaur due to poor distribution and general scarcity.

crazy8wizard

Considering how much of a pain it is to get a Kenner Ornithosuchus, this would be awesome

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have the brown Ornithosuchus re-release but the blue was so much better.

suspsy

Ornithosuchus seemed to be relatively popular back in the 80s and the early 90s. Sad that it doesn't get any attention nowadays.

I had a chance to get the brown version back in the day. Sure wish I had done so. Same with the Lycaenops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Now that I think about it, does anyone think it is odd we haven't gotten any new medium sized HC figures this year? There's still quite a bit they could do in that size class.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: