News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2024 wishes and hopes

Started by Sim, August 28, 2023, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

Still waiting for Safari to get back to making ceratopsians. A hadrosaur would be nice too. Safari should make an effort to do a small figure for a small dinosaur, similar to when they did Coelophysis. A heterodontosaurus or hypsilophodon or ornithomimid would fit the bill.

Concavenator

:o Shocking that it's been 7 years already since this wonderful little lad was described, and it still has gone unnoticed in the dinosaur figure market:

By DenerDPaleoarts

By Gabriel Ugueto

Ah yes, Saurophaganax is capturing the people's attention meanwhile.  :-[

Safari I beg you. Seemingly no one else (aside from Creative Beast) is willing to release a dromaeosaurid figure at this point, no matter how unique or important it may be.  :(

How could a Halszkaraptor figure not be successful? It would be unlike anything else on the market, it has good remains, it's a (relatively) recent discovery... and it's the duck dinosaur, even over hadrosaurids (which weren't duck-billed) and even over Deinocheirus itself!

triceratops83

I think enough people have asked for a Plateosaurus over the years for Safari to have potentially heard. I'd be happy with just a Plateosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Concavenator

avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 That's an incredibly overdue species as well. There may eventually be one from Wild Past, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for Safari to also make their version!

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on February 17, 2024, 10:45:52 AMSafari I beg you. Seemingly no one else (aside from Creative Beast) is willing to release a dromaeosaurid figure at this point, no matter how unique or important it may be.  :(
CollectA is releasing a new Velociraptor and has asked people what feathered dinosaurs they would like them to make, so there's hope for dromaeosaurids from CollectA too now!

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Well, it's a Velociraptor. It's easily the most famous dromaeosaurid. And Microraptor, which they released in 2020, is also one of the most famous dromaeosaurids. Probably among the Top 3 most famous ones alongside Velociraptor and Deinonychus. And they made the Microraptor because apparently a museum commissioned it, which suggests they wouldn't have made it otherwise.  :P

And IIRC, it was ED who was collecting those suggestions. Did they mention they were doing it because CollectA asked them to? Because I get the feeling it was their (ED's) idea to collect those suggestions. After all, ED was also collecting suggestions for other groups, like sauropods, etc.

Sim

You're right, it was Everything Dinosaur that was collecting suggestions, and they said they would pass on people's suggestions to CollectA.  I had been thinking it was CollectA's idea, but it might not have been, after all Everything Dinosaur also asked for what animals people would like Papo to make.

SpartanSquat

No news regarding 2024 releases?

Ludodactylus

A Protoceratops would be nice. Mirigaia, Plateosaurus, Tenontosaurus would definitely all be welcomed.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Halichoeres

I imagine that within about two minutes of Safari announcing something, it will be shared here! The Therizinosaurus still shows as "coming soon," so they're clearly experiencing some delays. I'd guess it's got to do with international shipping.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I would still like Safari to tackle Centrosaurus, Torosaurus, Corythosaurus, and Tarchia.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

I even think they will announce stuff for fall.

Primeval12

I'd like to see Austroraptor this year. Also Simosuchus :O

Flaffy

Quote from: SpartanSquat on April 20, 2024, 02:51:04 AMI even think they will announce stuff for fall.

Still waiting on those 2023 releases... Would like to get them first before any 2024 announcements.

SenSx

Quote from: Flaffy on April 20, 2024, 04:10:53 AM
Quote from: SpartanSquat on April 20, 2024, 02:51:04 AMI even think they will announce stuff for fall.

Still waiting on those 2023 releases... Would like to get them first before any 2024 announcements.

So true, you think the Estemmenosuchus will finally reach Europe or is it dead ?
Maybe we will have to start getting those figures from other countries further away...
Safari really does not deliver to Europe properly.

Concavenator

Here in Spain, from Alcaiceria (a local Safari retailer), the only Safari 2023 figure available is the Majungasaurus. Don't know what happened, before it didn't take so long for new Safari figures coming into stock.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Concavenator on April 20, 2024, 01:57:28 PMHere in Spain, from Alcaiceria (a local Safari retailer), the only Safari 2023 figure available is the Majungasaurus. Don't know what happened, before it didn't take so long for new Safari figures coming into stock.
It took more than a year to get the figures from 2022

Shane

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 19, 2024, 08:10:26 PMI imagine that within about two minutes of Safari announcing something, it will be shared here! The Therizinosaurus still shows as "coming soon," so they're clearly experiencing some delays. I'd guess it's got to do with international shipping.

Therizinosaurus required a fair amount of revisions to get right which is why it's been taking so long. But the final product should be worth the wait.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shane on April 24, 2024, 06:41:34 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 19, 2024, 08:10:26 PMI imagine that within about two minutes of Safari announcing something, it will be shared here! The Therizinosaurus still shows as "coming soon," so they're clearly experiencing some delays. I'd guess it's got to do with international shipping.

Therizinosaurus required a fair amount of revisions to get right which is why it's been taking so long. But the final product should be worth the wait.

Good to know! Certainly better to push it back a bit than to release a half-cooked (or eight-tenths cooked, or what have you) product.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoFan2010

I would love to see Safari's take on a Torvosaurus or a new Guanlong!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: