News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Complete the story

Started by Takama, March 13, 2012, 02:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

Who were at war with 300 My little pony's,

Himmapaan

(Well, it didn't take long for the game to disintegrate yet again, did it?  :P)

ajax

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 06, 2012, 07:38:29 AM

You mean with posts like yours that dont continue the story.

Himmapaan

Quote from: ajax on September 06, 2012, 11:58:04 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on September 06, 2012, 07:38:29 AM

You mean with posts like yours that dont continue the story.

I apologise, Ajax. :) But if I could persuade you to read back a few posts, you might see that I had good reason. Dr. Admin already mentioned why the first round failed. The same mistakes are already being repeated. Never mind linguistic niceties, the story isn't even making narrative sense any more. Moreover, the four-word continuation rule isn't being adhered to.

I realise it's just a game and I'm not trying to turn this into a po-faced issue. But if we're just going to do any old nonsense, then the whole point and challenge of it is entirely defeated. When we play hide and seek, we hide; somebody seeks. We don't breakdance in the open and then slap the seeker when they find us just because we can.

I rarely post much these days and I begin to see why I should probably remain silent for the most part. Few people care what I have to say anyway. :)) But you and I have not had much communication hitherto and I would earnestly entreat you not to mistake my meaning or intention before you have learned more about me.  ;)

And now I'm just going to melt back into the shadows once more.

DinoToyForum

Indeed, the challenge and fun for this game comes from the four word limit, and from trying to keep creative but cohesive at the same time. :) Himmapaan's hide and seek analogy is not only exceedingly funny, but entirely apt ;D

Specifically, a sentence can't begin with "Who were at" (the exclamation mark ended the preceding sentence, much like a full stop) unless it is a question, which it isn't. It's also impossible to go anywhere with a sentence that ends with the plural possessive "pony's," (with the comma following it). Even without the comma it's pretty much impossible. Try it, if you don't believe me ;) I guess you meant "ponies" plural. Like I say, when did I become the grammatical tyrant? :P

ajax

True, My stupidity is embarrassing  :-[

DinoToyForum

Let's kick this off again.  :D

----

Alan Grant was a

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 07, 2012, 10:21:44 AM
Let's kick this off again.  :D

----

Alan Grant was a
man of few words,
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

mild manners, and excessive

Zhuchengotyrant

Addiction to caprison will start to
-Zhuchengotyrant

Primeval12

watch stupid movies on the SyFy channel (such as Sharknado 2)

DinoToyForum

. After watching Sharknado 2 he...

Takama

DinoToyForum

Takama

To Boycott  Diablus.Rex creation

Balaur

and make him a cheesburger

stargatedalek

CityRaptor

onions and french fries
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

That's Covered in Cheese

DinoToyForum

. Several days later, Hammond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: