News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dilopho on July 02, 2024, 03:36:16 PMI just got the T. rex, I have to say that it's really, really nice. It's definitely intended to be posed with the mouth wide open.
The eyes are sloppy on mine, though, one has a very big pupil and the other has a very small one.

I have yet to see somebody do a T. rex with better eyes than the BOTM one. I have fun taking photos of that ones outwards stare and sending it to my friends, because it legit gives them chills. They say it's primal fear.

I'm totally smitten with Sue from Eofauna, but if the BOTM Rex was a solid figure it would blow everything else clear out of the water.  Silva is a master artist.  He got so much right with his figure, the articulation in the Jaw, the lips, the proportions, etc...  How I wish that he would release a solid figure of that sculpt in 1/35 scale.  The details are so fine and well executed, and like you pointed out the eyes, darn thing has a soul, Silva is a genius, the guy is so incredibly talented.

Dilopho

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 03:46:12 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on July 02, 2024, 03:36:16 PMI just got the T. rex, I have to say that it's really, really nice. It's definitely intended to be posed with the mouth wide open.
The eyes are sloppy on mine, though, one has a very big pupil and the other has a very small one.

I have yet to see somebody do a T. rex with better eyes than the BOTM one. I have fun taking photos of that ones outwards stare and sending it to my friends, because it legit gives them chills. They say it's primal fear.

I'm totally smitten with Sue from Eofauna, but if the BOTM Rex was a solid figure it would blow everything else clear out of the water.  Silva is a master artist.  He got so much right with his figure, the articulation in the Jaw, the lips, the proportions, etc...  How I wish that he would release a solid figure of that sculpt in 1/35 scale.  The details are so fine and well executed, and like you pointed out the eyes, darn thing has a soul, Silva is a genius, the guy is so incredibly talented.

I agree. I absolutely love the BOTM T. rex, and I actually prefer action figures to static models- but having a static model of that sculpt would be fantastic.  He has made statues in the past, so I think it's untapped potential for a side line.
I think the T. rex was sculpted by Jake Baardse, not Silva.

As for EoFauna, I think I already expressed that I would like to see their take on more mammals (They would knock a Paraceratherium out of the park), but honestly, I kind of hope they try their hand at a 1:40 scale Argentinosaurus, and if not that, then a Mamenchisaurus- something to complement the length of their Diplodocus.

The T. rex actually goes very nicely next to the Diplodocus, because the way it's posed twisting its front makes it look like it's going for a grab on the Diplodocus's back.

Dilopho

There is one problem with this figure, though,.. Tyrannosaurus is misspelled on the underside as Tyrannesaurus.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dilopho on July 02, 2024, 04:17:48 PMThere is one problem with this figure, though,.. Tyrannosaurus is misspelled on the underside as Tyrannesaurus.

LOL! ;D

I can't believe I didn't notice that, OMG!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dilopho on July 02, 2024, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 03:46:12 PM

I agree. I absolutely love the BOTM T. rex, and I actually prefer action figures to static models- but having a static model of that sculpt would be fantastic.  He has made statues in the past, so I think it's untapped potential for a side line.
I think the T. rex was sculpted by Jake Baardse, not Silva.

As for EoFauna, I think I already expressed that I would like to see their take on more mammals (They would knock a Paraceratherium out of the park), but honestly, I kind of hope they try their hand at a 1:40 scale Argentinosaurus, and if not that, then a Mamenchisaurus- something to complement the length of their Diplodocus.

The T. rex actually goes very nicely next to the Diplodocus, because the way it's posed twisting its front makes it look like it's going for a grab on the Diplodocus's back.

I didn't know that, then credit where credit is due for Mr. Baardse.  The BOTM Rex is a masterpiece IMO.

Concavenator

Interestingly, I think Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus should scale very nicely with Safari's Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 01, 2024, 09:45:24 PMGet the Haolonggood when they fix the brows

If they do fix it, then I'd get it. Same for the Amargasaurus, in case its sail isn't fixed.

Faelrin

What does that little clock thingie on its underside mean? Not familiar with that one.

Also man I need to pick this one up. Honestly behind on all their figures though. Also don't need to wait for PNSO to do this one now if I do get this one. Still could be a long while before I get to it with my other backlog to deal with.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Saarlooswolfhound

The clock indicates something to do with the manufacturing process; I can't remember if it indicates the batch/run it was produced in or something similar... I have a friend on STS that these intrigue him and he knows a lot more.

That is pretty entertaining that they spelled the name wrong on the stamp!

Silvanusaurus

I've never bought an Eofauna figure before but this Sue might well be my favourite T rex that I've ever owned. She is beautiful. I loved her the moment I set eyes on her. She is a saint. This is what the real animal looked like in my head cannon now, there is no going back. Wilson and Andrea are dead to me now. (No wait, Andrea I didn't mean that, I still care for you. Wilson can take a hike though)

suspsy

On that note, I must confess that I feel a little sorry for PNSO's Cameron. He seems to have ended up being quite overlooked, in no small part thanks to Eofauna's masterpiece, or Butcher as I call him. :) I do hope that somebody eventually submits a guest review of Cameron, as none of the regular reviewers have reserved him.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on July 02, 2024, 08:07:19 PMI've never bought an Eofauna figure before but this Sue might well be my favourite T rex that I've ever owned. She is beautiful. I loved her the moment I set eyes on her. She is a saint. This is what the real animal looked like in my head cannon now, there is no going back. Wilson and Andrea are dead to me now. (No wait, Andrea I didn't mean that, I still care for you. Wilson can take a hike though)

Welcome to the Eofauna bandwagon :). I can't imagine my collection without my Eofaunas.  Their Alatasaurus is still my favorite dinosaur figure in my modest collection.  At this time, Sue is ahead of my BOTM for favorite T-rex, but the BOTM would be top dog if it wasn't an action figure.   

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 08:15:45 PMOn that note, I must confess that I feel a little sorry for PNSO's Cameron. He seems to have ended up being quite overlooked, in no small part thanks to Eofauna's masterpiece, or Butcher as I call him. :) I do hope that somebody eventually submits a guest review of Cameron, as none of the regular reviewers have reserved him.

I'm digging your new signature!  Anything to draw attention to this new T-rex is a good thing.  It's so exciting to finally have an 'affordable' lipped T-rex figure on the market for everyone to enjoy.

suspsy

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 08:15:45 PMOn that note, I must confess that I feel a little sorry for PNSO's Cameron. He seems to have ended up being quite overlooked, in no small part thanks to Eofauna's masterpiece, or Butcher as I call him. :) I do hope that somebody eventually submits a guest review of Cameron, as none of the regular reviewers have reserved him.

I'm digging your new signature!  Anything to draw attention to this new T-rex is a good thing.  It's so exciting to finally have an 'affordable' lipped T-rex figure on the market for everyone to enjoy.

Yes, I was taking pictures of Butcher on the weekend for a Facebook review when I suddenly decided that it was time for a little change. :) Also, I really like the detachable base.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JimoAi

Am I crazy to say the Eofauna t rex may be the best theropod figure ever so far?

Ludodactylus

I think I'm convinced. EoFauna's is the Tyrannosaurus for me. Just in time for my wife to start nudging me about what I'd like as a gift for our wedding anniversary...
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Dilopho

The T. rex and Diplodocus together. I know it's a poor photo, but you simply can't get a closeup of the Diplodocus that shows it off well.

I wanna point out that this model actually has feathers on its back, they're just flat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 09:13:29 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 08:42:43 PM

Yes, I was taking pictures of Butcher on the weekend for a Facebook review when I suddenly decided that it was time for a little change. :) Also, I really like the detachable base.
Does yours stand on it's own?

I can get mine to stand just fine on a level surface but even a slight breeze will blow it over.  Then I added a tiny piece of silly putty on the inside toe of the plant leg and it stabilized the figure.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: JimoAi on July 02, 2024, 10:41:37 PMAm I crazy to say the Eofauna t rex may be the best theropod figure ever so far?

I sure am crazy about mine;)

Dilopho

I don't have him, I'm really ininterested in unlipped T. rex unless they're the JP version... (Edit: Actually, that version does have lips, doesn't it? They're just shorter than the teeth is all.)
But he has his merits. The tail is really nice looking, the eyes are piercing, the horns are nice.
They're two very different looking takes.

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 11:32:01 PMDoes yours stand on it's own?

I can get mine to stand just fine on a level surface but even a slight breeze will blow it over.  Then I added a tiny piece of silly putty on the inside toe of the plant leg and it stabilized the figure.

I know you're not asking me, but since I have one too, I wanna say that mine stands fine on its own. But the toes on the raised foot are barely touching the ground.

It's no doubt because of how hard the model leans to the right.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 02, 2024, 06:01:21 PMThat is pretty entertaining that they spelled the name wrong on the stamp!

I put that on my sig because I think it's hilarious!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: