News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Haolonggood's representative on Facebook posted the following about the pterosaur: "This is the painting customized by other brother brands in our company."

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2024, 05:55:54 AMThe release of the Stegosaurus ungulatus seems imminent, a first picture of the three color variants as per Paleofiguras:

Fruity , Plain Jane  & Blue Lagoon. I like blue's patterns most but i'd would choose between fruity or jane.

Ludodactylus

I'm trying very hard to be on "no buy" until after we move house in August (because every new piece I buy I'll have to pack for the move), but Haolonggood is making it very hard to show restraint.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Elengassen

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2024, 05:55:54 AMThe release of the Stegosaurus ungulatus seems imminent, a first picture of the three color variants as per Paleofiguras:

Ooh, exciting. Watermelon one is definitely my fave. I'm disappointed the yellow one didn't make it into the final lineup as I really liked the look of that one too.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Sim

I'm sad the yellow Stegosaurus didn't make it as I liked that one a lot.  I don't like half one colour half another on an animal so the fruity one isn't for me, and the blue one while beautiful doesn't fit suit Stegosaurus in my mind.  So the only one left is the one that looks similar to the PNSO Stegosaurus.  I wish I could have gotten something more unique...  I'm hopeful it will look different enough to the PNSO Stegosaurus in person. Its green looks different...

Elengassen

Incidentally, does anybody know whether S. stenops and S. ungulatus were coeval with each other? I've tried looking this up but haven't found anything.
If they were then I'll probably get this one, but if not then I might not as I prefer to display my figures in groups that correspond to animals that actually lived alongside each other, and I already have the PNSO Stegosaurus.
Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Manospundylus gigas

Quote from: Elengassen on June 12, 2024, 01:53:53 PMIncidentally, does anybody know whether S. stenops and S. ungulatus were coeval with each other? I've tried looking this up but haven't found anything.
If they were then I'll probably get this one, but if not then I might not as I prefer to display my figures in groups that correspond to animals that actually lived alongside each other, and I already have the PNSO Stegosaurus.

In theory ungulatus is younger than stenops, no stenops specimen has been recoverer higher in section than ungulatus. The thing is that Wyoming doesn't have a proper Salt Wash/Brushy Basin members, and latest stratigraphic works yield younger results than previously thought for Morrison Wyoming quarries.
S. stenops is from zones 2*,3 and 4, right now I cant remember if there are zone 5 stenops. ungulatus is mostly from zone 6. Alcovasaurus longispinus is from zone 6. Hesperosaurus mjosi is from zone 2.

Elengassen

Quote from: Manospundylus gigas on June 12, 2024, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: Elengassen on June 12, 2024, 01:53:53 PMIncidentally, does anybody know whether S. stenops and S. ungulatus were coeval with each other? I've tried looking this up but haven't found anything.

In theory ungulatus is younger than stenops, no stenops specimen has been recoverer higher in section than ungulatus. The thing is that Wyoming doesn't have a proper Salt Wash/Brushy Basin members, and latest stratigraphic works yield younger results than previously thought for Morrison Wyoming quarries.
S. stenops is from zones 2*,3 and 4, right now I cant remember if there are zone 5 stenops. ungulatus is mostly from zone 6. Alcovasaurus longispinus is from zone 6. Hesperosaurus mjosi is from zone 2.

I see, thank you! That's a shame, seems like they weren't coeval. I might still get this figure though and alternate which one I display  ;D

thomasw100

Quote from: Elengassen on June 12, 2024, 02:56:23 PM
Quote from: Manospundylus gigas on June 12, 2024, 02:34:24 PM

I see, thank you! That's a shame, seems like they weren't coeval. I might still get this figure though and alternate which one I display  ;D

We definitely would need a Hesperosaurus. There are so many good fossil remains. It would complete the stegosaurs of the Morrisson.

Prehistory Resurrection

thomasw100

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 12, 2024, 05:18:10 PM

I was totally shocked to see that not only was a piece of the tail broken but it was missing completely. Resin statues are fragile and can get damaged during transport, but a missing broken off piece means that this must have happened before or during the packing. The only exception would be if customs had opened the box and inspected the contents. In this case they would leave a note or would seal the box with a tape that states that it was opened by customs. Happened to me couple times with shipments from outside the EU. If that were the case, Andy would certainly have said so in his video. My conclusion would be that this is a case of quite poor quality control on the side of whoever is responsible for packing these expensive resin statues.

Pinbacker

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2024, 06:29:02 PM

I was totally shocked to see that not only was a piece of the tail broken but it was missing completely. Resin statues are fragile and can get damaged during transport, but a missing broken off piece means that this must have happened before or during the packing. The only exception would be if customs had opened the box and inspected the contents. In this case they would leave a note or would seal the box with a tape that states that it was opened by customs. Happened to me couple times with shipments from outside the EU. If that were the case, Andy would certainly have said so in his video. My conclusion would be that this is a case of quite poor quality control on the side of whoever is responsible for packing these expensive resin statues.

I don't think you can know that from a single case. We'll see if it ends up being a widespread problem or not, but there's no need to panic.

thomasw100

Quote from: Pinbacker on June 12, 2024, 07:12:09 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2024, 06:29:02 PM

I don't think you can know that from a single case. We'll see if it ends up being a widespread problem or not, but there's no need to panic.

I said "in this case" so it is clear that I referred to this particular case only. Then I just expressed my reaction. So what exactly do you want to tell me?

Flaffy

Happy the green S. ungulatus made the cut. The other two options are not my style but happy for those who prefer flashier colour schemes. I know some folk find it boring, but I like my Stegosaurus with the good old traditional green body + warm plates.

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 12, 2024, 04:06:47 PMWe definitely would need a Hesperosaurus. There are so many good fossil remains. It would complete the stegosaurs of the Morrisson.
I'm interested in having a Hesperosaurus too.  I'd like a male represented as a figure, but it could be interesting to have both genders represented, their difference can be seen here: http://www.paleofile.com/Dinosaurs/Armor/Hesperosaurus.asp
I can see Haolonggood getting to Hesperosaurus, and I think they would do a great job with it, their stegosaurians are top-tier.  I'd just like Tuojiangosaurus from Haolonggood first...

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign Will the fruity Stegosaurus be as widely available as the green or the blue one? I love it, it looks spectacular! I appreciate unusual but eye-catching color schemes.

Quote from: Sim on June 12, 2024, 01:46:49 PMSo the only one left is the one that looks similar to the PNSO Stegosaurus.  I wish I could have gotten something more unique...  I'm hopeful it will look different enough to the PNSO Stegosaurus in person. Its green looks different...

While I understand (and mostly share) the preference of a collection's figures having markedly different color schemes, it is also true that, in a case like this, one could justify the similar color schemes by virtue of representing closely-related species. Just like one of HLG's Edmontonia variants is reddish, similar to Borealopelta. Though granted, we don't know the color scheme of any Stegosaurus specimen. (Turns out "Apex" has skin impressions, meaning we could potentially be able to determine its coloration, but good luck getting that specimen studied to begin with).  :P

Speaking of stegosaurs, we still HAVE to get that Kentrosaurus;D I would very much appreciate a Miragaia too, the PNSO one is very good, but I'd ideally take one that is in actual 1:35 scale and without the corncob texture of earlier PNSO figures. Once more stegosaurs are released, they would look so good next to each other, just like HLG's extensive portfolio of ceratopsids.

Turkeysaurus

Do you consider Green variant as a classic or a cliche? Let's be honest, it's the most unimaginative colors a stegosaurus can get. I wish HLG wasn't into blue dinosaurs this much though. They look like cocktails than the real animal. :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think a black/white version would be pretty cool. ;)

TlatolophusJuanorum

In-hand pics for my green Gastonia and the Nodosaur family

Now let's go for that S.ungulatus herd!!

thomasw100

More pictures of the Stegosaurus ungulatus as per Paleofiguras. It appears that this is now being released.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: