News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

I think that's because the figures probably are in preproduction much earlier than you might think.

When it was released to us it was alwready to late for such a change.

It's not worth it to modify it costwise, and it won't affect their sales.
Only hardcore dinosaurs fans like us care about that.
I won't buy that Amargasaurus for that reason, but they probably don't care.

I agree they should make much more researches before making their prototypes, it's not that hard.
If I was able to learn the latest interpretations on Amargasaurus, they could have as well.

CarnotaurusKing

Damn shame about the sail on what is otherwise a really good model. Love the pose and the colors.

HLG makes some of the best models on the market, just sometimes marred by outdated references. By the time they showed off the Amargasaurus in the teaser, it was probably too late to correct the sail. Being more transparent with the customerbase earlier in the design process would probably break some kind of embargo they might have. Hiring a paleo-savvy person of some kind to provide them with up-to-date references would probably fix any future issues with accuracy. A bit more rigor in the research station, and I don't think even PNSO could compete, especially for the price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might go back to a sail in a couple years though. I see they went around halfway meeting both theories in the middle?

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on July 28, 2024, 01:06:40 PM

Nice, another HLG release. I really like this image of the Amargasaurus, it looks so regal.

I feel like HLG has stepped up their patterning even more - I don't recall the spots on other models, correct me if I'm wrong!

SidB

Nice, but I'll hold onto my old PNSO, I do believe.

postsaurischian

I like this pose :) .

Goin' for Brown.

oscars_dinos

its a shame its inaccurate, its a very graceful looking figure and i really like the color scheme

Sim

Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 28, 2024, 07:19:05 PMits a shame its inaccurate
Like all Amargasaurus figures.  Funny how no-one gets it right.  Shockingly even Battat's makes the mistake of making the first neck spine paired.  I'm hoping for an accurate Amargasaurus from CollectA or Eofauna!

Also, we're getting through all the figures on the poster!  I'm interested in seeing the remaining figures plus the theropods Haolonggood said will be coming!  (They didn't specify which species, just that some are coming.)

Carnoking

It may not be accurate but I'll make an exception because he looks very polite.

postsaurischian

ceratopsian

The Amargasaurus was announced the day I opened my little Saichania pair.  A beautifully painted duo of miniatures - glad I opted for both colour variants.  Like the majority of Haolonggood's target audience, I imagine, I was happy enough to swiftly order an Amarga.  In the end I settled on the green, though it was more "coin toss" than huge preference.  I'd be happy with either.  Given that it's a larger model, I didn't want to order both.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 14, 2024, 11:09:34 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 14, 2024, 10:09:25 PMJust quick thoughts.. If you could only buy one, would you prefer W-Dragon Giraffatitan or HLG Alamosaurus? Let's say prices are equal.

Hard decision, but I would go for Haolonggood Alamosaurus.

Finally i have HLG Alamosaurus!!! It's still in australia at the moment, my sibling will bring it in september.

I feel like Coyote after hunting Roadrunner though.

bmathison1972

Nice Amargasaurus, but I think I'll stick with my Safari Carnegie.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 29, 2024, 01:40:46 PMNice Amargasaurus, but I think I'll stick with my Safari Carnegie.

That's the one I have and I feel the same.

suspsy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 29, 2024, 01:40:46 PMNice Amargasaurus, but I think I'll stick with my Safari Carnegie.

Same.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Turkeysaurus

I'll pass this one as well and i don't even have any Amargasaurus. It's a famous and small size sauropod so i assume companies will continue making more of these.

Also how strong the evidence about the sail for new paper?

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 30, 2024, 12:49:54 AMI'll pass this one as well and i don't even have any Amargasaurus. It's a famous and small size sauropod so i assume companies will continue making more of these.

Also how strong the evidence about the sail for new paper?
I'm curious about the vascularization aspect and how, specifically, it co-relates to the degree of envelopment by sail tissue.

Turkeysaurus

Huayangosaurus
Camarasaurus
Utahceratops
Einosaurus
Styracosaurus
Xenoceratops

4 of the last 6 are Ceratopsians. 5 months left before New year.

So 6 dinosaur left for coming within 5 months and 4 of them Ceratopsians? Doesn't sound realistic.

Hopefully some more too.

Sim

Haolonggood has said there are theropods coming from them, with intended release this year.

Primeval12

I bet a lot will be released around Black Friday/Christmastime!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: