News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marisaura

Quote from: Concavenator on March 20, 2024, 03:49:46 AMI'd ID them as:

- Mamenchisaurus
- Camarasaurus
- Amargasaurus
- Huayangosaurus?
- Zuul?

- Hungarosaurus?
- Euoplocephalus
- Maiasaura
- Stegosaurus ungulatus
- Edmontosaurus

- Diabloceratops
- Anchiceratops?
- Styracosaurus
- Einiosaurus
- Furcatoceratops?

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum if we count Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus as well, that would make 19.

Exciting choices here!  ^-^

i agree with most of these, except i don't think the ankylosaurine in the first row looks like zuul based on the armor arrangement - maybe saichania? the nodosaur in the second row looks like gastonia. the rightmost ceratopsian is really weird - it looks most like xenoceratops to me, but the combination of features doesn't seem to align exactly with any species as far as i can tell?

whatever their identities, i'm really excited to see the finished products! although i'm kind of disappointed that the amargasaurus doesn't seem to have a full sail - it looks like i may be sticking with the battat after all.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

One sad thing is that the paint on the edmonto does seem to be somewhat downgraded from what was originally shown, but still a good paint job.

thebermuda303

That top row ankylosaurine is definitely saichania or Tarchia. Those top horns make me lean towards saichania a bit more, but either way I'm beyond happy with that one, so it's a definitive buy!! Other than that so far I don't see any species that particularly peek my interest because I'm so selective of what I buy. Nonetheless these all look like very dang solid sculpts! Kinda sad there are no theropods there though.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Also I think the somewhat obscured ceratopsian could just be the Chasmosaurus as it dropped fairly recently.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 20, 2024, 05:12:12 AMOne sad thing is that the paint on the edmonto does seem to be somewhat downgraded from what was originally shown, but still a good paint job.

The eye looks a bit odd too?

Kinda excited for a new Maiasaura. Been a long time since Battat and Safari made one.

thomasw100

Something to note is that this page from their 2024 catalogue shows only herbivores and I would guess that the carnivores would be on the next page or the page to the left that is not shown in the picture. Why would they reveal all herbivores they plan to make in 2024 but not a single carnivore? I believe that the missing picture will surface soon.

Actually a smart move to show all species that they plan to release this year. What I am missing from that catalogue are the two other large sauropods that were teased a while ago which are most probably Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus. I hope that we will still get these.

The large base with all the different dinosaur species populating it looks really great and I am so happy that I have pre-orderd one.

thomasw100

I noticed that the Stegosaurus ungulatus appears modified compared to the first prototype images that came out. The spikes on the thagomizer are moved further away from the plates and they seem to be more horizontally aligned now. These were the points of criticism that were raised here in this forum and it looks like they have been taken into account.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 20, 2024, 06:25:33 AMI noticed that the Stegosaurus ungulatus appears modified compared to the first prototype images that came out. The spikes on the thagomizer are moved further away from the plates and they seem to be more horizontally aligned now. These were the points of criticism that were raised here in this forum and it looks like they have been taken into account.

That's good news, thanks for pointing that out!

I can't really tell what the stegosaur in the first row is... Is it a Tuojiangosaurus? Either way it doesn't look like a Kentrosaurus, at least to me, though it is smaller. The plate arrangement reminds me more of a Tuojiangosaurus.

Looks like it's gonna be an awesome 2024 for HLG.

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on March 20, 2024, 08:36:37 AMThat's good news, thanks for pointing that out!

I can't really tell what the stegosaur in the first row is... Is it a Tuojiangosaurus? Either way it doesn't look like a Kentrosaurus, at least to me, though it is smaller. The plate arrangement reminds me more of a Tuojiangosaurus.

Looks like it's gonna be an awesome 2024 for HLG.

I was also thinking that this could be Tuojiangosaurus because of the size. Huayangosaurus is smaller, about the size of Kentrosaurus. Another option would perhaps be Jiangjunosausrus, which is estimated at 6.1 meters. There are not that many stegosaurus which would fit that size.

And yes this lineup is just amazing. So many interesting species and we have not even seen the theropods. I wonder though if they will still release Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus this year.

postsaurischian

Since everybody is talking about those new pictures I thought it would be good to show them here.

I thought about skipping the Mamenchisaurus because of space & money issues. But after seeing these pics I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist.

Kuraro

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 20, 2024, 09:11:41 AMSince everybody is talking about those new pictures I thought it would be good to show them here.

I thought about skipping the Mamenchisaurus because of space & money issues. But after seeing these pics I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist.
Is it some kind of a Toy Fair?

Primeval12

EINIOSAURUS? MAIASAURA? Count me in!

ceratopsian

You are right avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  Our resolve is going to be tested to the limit.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 20, 2024, 11:08:30 AMYou are right avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  Our resolve is going to be tested to the limit.

Actually this lineup will in the long run translate into lower costs to complete our collections. Many of the species they show are otherwise only available as cast or 3D printed resin models and you certainly know what they cost as painted option. So give Haolonggood two to three more years and there will not be that much left to be desired unless one wants to have each and every highly fragmentary species. And after my recent experience with damaged resin models I am even more happy about every high-quality PVC model that comes out.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 20, 2024, 09:11:41 AMI thought about skipping the Mamenchisaurus because of space & money issues. But after seeing these pics I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist.

The question is if the release version of the Mamenchisaurus will have this highly detailed paint scheme. I would guess that this is not going to be the standard paint scheme. But it could be one of these special editions that would be available through this new painting design studio that Vampiredesign mentioned in a recent post.

shahinos

Haolonggood certainly seems to have a very bright future ahead of itself! I am very happy that I'm no completionist of any sort.

I'm definitely not a company strategist of any sort neither, but I do wonder of the pros and cons of burning through so many species in such a short timeframe. It's not about running out of dinosaurs, but rather famous species or species with fairly complete remains.

But if their sales are good, who am I to question their development and production strategy.

Edit: on the other hand, if their tech knowledge develops I can see them going into the smaller species in the 1:35 scale and then of course grand new opportunities arise.

Concavenator

Haolongggood posted a HD version of the teaser pic on Paleofiguras' group:

The ceratopsid I previously identified as Anchiceratops now appears to be Utahceratops.

avatar_marisaura @marisaura I think you may be right about the nodosaur in the 2nd row being Gastonia. Not sure about the ankylosaurid in the first row, not an expert on ankylosaurs myself.

As for the rightmost ceratopsid - Xenoceratops?

suspsy

I am disappointed to not see Centrosaurus or Torosaurus among the ceratopsians. The ankylosaurs and the smaller stegosaur are intriguing, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Wow, what a lineup.

As expected, it looks like we're getting simplified paint schemes on the Edmontosaurus and Mamenchisaurus but they're still looking quite stunning. It's going to be a very good year for HLG indeed.

Edit: wonder where the Argentinosaurus and Brachiosaurus renders are? Perhaps they needed a page all to themselves or they've been pushed back?

SidB

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 20, 2024, 05:06:07 AMI almost forgot to mention camarasaurus will be an instant buy for me!
Not a buy for me, I've got Safari's excellent Camarasaurus. Good enough!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: