News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Oooo, I might be interested in the Amargasaurus! That's genus I've had trouble finding one I like. I have the old Safari Carnegie one, which I like the best for sculpt, paint, and size, but wouldn't mind an upgrade.

For the other taxa, I'll probably get them only if they are genera I don't already have.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

V @vampiredesign this roster looks absolutely wonderful! But I do have to ask if there's a second page out the somewhere with theropods or smthn.

Faelrin

Very stoked to see an Amargasaurus coming from them. And with sails! I don't know if this was planned from the start, or they took some of our requests for it here, but I'm very excited to see it coming from them. The only Amargasaurus (Mattel aside) in my collection currently is the old Terra one.

The rest of the roster looks exciting too. I'm also glad to see even more sauropods and ornithischians on the way.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 20, 2024, 02:25:31 PMV @vampiredesign this roster looks absolutely wonderful! But I do have to ask if there's a second page out the somewhere with theropods or smthn.

From my perspective theropods aren't quite their strong suite. The Giga is only one I own thus far. Honestly if they want to ignore them for the most part I'm good with it as PNSO seems to have the market flooded with them as of now. I don't even have all theirs yet lol

I have to chuckle a little about buying one model of a specie though and done.  Do collectors ever really complete a collection of finish it? I've not ran across any collector even happy to just curate and not hunt for new things.  ;D

Samrukia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 20, 2024, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 20, 2024, 02:25:31 PMV @vampiredesign this roster looks absolutely wonderful! But I do have to ask if there's a second page out the somewhere with theropods or smthn.

From my perspective theropods aren't quite their strong suite. The Giga is only one I own thus far. Honestly if they want to ignore them for the most part I'm good with it as PNSO seems to have the market flooded with them as of now. I don't even have all theirs yet lol

which giga?

ceratopsian

I too think they are far better at non-theropods. Plus that focus suits the focus of my collection. For me the poster promises an incredible year.

Samrukia

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 20, 2024, 03:42:52 PMI too think they are far better at non-theropods. Plus that focus suits the focus of my collection. For me the poster promises an incredible year.

their Dilophosaurs are magnificent though

GojiraGuy1954

Haolonggood Einiosaurus is peak incarnate
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

The preview of new Haolonggood figures is extremely exciting!  I too would like to have seen theropods as well, they've made some excellent ones: Dilophosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Megaraptor.  What was shown satisfied me though!

A few of Haolonggood's upcoming figures weren't shown: Udanoceratops, Hungarosaurus, Brachiosaurus? and Argentinosaurus?.  All of the plant-eaters combined makes 21 figures (including Alamosaurus and Chasmosaurus).  So there should be nine other figures, hopefully theropods.  I'm not worried about Haolonggood running out of species, there are still so many dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals known from good remains that would be good to be made into a figure, even more so if small species are included.  If anyone is going to run out of species, it's PNSO with allosauroids.

With regards to the species shown in the preview:

Mamenchisaurus: It looks good but I'm satisfied with my version by CollectA.
Huayangosaurus: It's definitely not Tuojiangosaurus or Kentrosaurus.  It's unexpected, I thought Kentrosaurus would be made first, but since it is the same size as Kentrosaurus, the latter might come in the future.  I like Kaiyodo's Huayangosaurus, but I think Haolonggood's will suit me better.  I'm looking forward to it, I'll almost certainly get Haolonggood's Huayangosaurus!
Amargasaurus: Finally an accurate one!  I'm eager to see the final version!
Camarasaurus: I'm not interested in this animal.  Someone thought it was Shunosaurus, but looking at a close-up of the preview the tail club actually belongs to the Mamenchisaurus behind the animal.
Asian ankylosaurid: I agree with the earlier comment that this is Saichania or Tarchia.  This is another I await eagerly!
Gastonia: This might replace my Schleich version.  I just wish the spikes continued to the end of its tail.
Euoplocephalus: It's needed!
Maiasaura: Maybe now the Battat Maiasaura's price on ebay will go below £90 :-X
Stegosaurus: I can barely wait for this to be available!  I just hope the tail spikes will be closer to the tip of the tail on the final figure.
Edmontosaurus: Looking at the close-up of the preview, it has a crest on its head, so I think this is the Edmontosaurus regalis.
Diabloceratops: I'm surprised to see this one.  I'm not sure I will replace my Safari version with it.
Utahceratops: YES! ^-^
Styracosaurus: Haolonggood's courageous to compete with PNSO with Styracosaurus.  I won't replace my PNSO version but I might get Haolonggood's too if I like it enough!
Einiosaurus: I guess this will make some people happy!
Xenoceratops: I'm curious about how this one will turn out.

Eatmycar

While I don't collect 1/35, that Edmontosaurus seems small compared to Stegosaurus. Shouldn't the Edmontosaurus be bigger?

That said, I definitely love this posture compared to PNSO's. It looks much more regal in my eyes.

Maiasaur looks gorgeous, though. It's easily a must-buy in my eyes if I was into this scale!

thebermuda303

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 20, 2024, 05:15:20 PMWhile I don't collect 1/35, that Edmontosaurus seems small compared to Stegosaurus. Shouldn't the Edmontosaurus be bigger?

That said, I definitely love this posture compared to PNSO's. It looks much more regal in my eyes.

Maiasaur looks gorgeous, though. It's easily a must-buy in my eyes
if I was into this scale!

Haolonggood Edmonto looks to be based on an average sized individual (around 9 meters) pnso is based on a larger 11 meter animal

Samrukia

are you sure that's Edmontosaurus? its pose is different

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on March 20, 2024, 05:10:57 PMThe preview of new Haolonggood figures is extremely exciting!  I too would like to have seen theropods as well, they've made some excellent ones: Dilophosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Megaraptor.  What was shown satisfied me though!

A few of Haolonggood's upcoming figures weren't shown: Udanoceratops, Hungarosaurus, Brachiosaurus? and Argentinosaurus?.  All of the plant-eaters combined makes 21 figures (including Alamosaurus and Chasmosaurus).  So there should be nine other figures, hopefully theropods.  I'm not worried about Haolonggood running out of species, there are still so many dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals known from good remains that would be good to be made into a figure, even more so if small species are included.  If anyone is going to run out of species, it's PNSO with allosauroids.

With regards to the species shown in the preview:

Mamenchisaurus: It looks good but I'm satisfied with my version by CollectA.
Huayangosaurus: It's definitely not Tuojiangosaurus or Kentrosaurus.  It's unexpected, I thought Kentrosaurus would be made first, but since it is the same size as Kentrosaurus, the latter might come in the future.  I like Kaiyodo's Huayangosaurus, but I think Haolonggood's will suit me better.  I'm looking forward to it, I'll almost certainly get Haolonggood's Huayangosaurus!
Amargasaurus: Finally an accurate one!  I'm eager to see the final version!
Camarasaurus: I'm not interested in this animal.  Someone thought it was Shunosaurus, but looking at a close-up of the preview the tail club actually belongs to the Mamenchisaurus behind the animal.
Asian ankylosaurid: I agree with the earlier comment that this is Saichania or Tarchia.  This is another I await eagerly!
Gastonia: This might replace my Schleich version.  I just wish the spikes continued to the end of its tail.
Euoplocephalus: It's needed!
Maiasaura: Maybe now the Battat Maiasaura's price on ebay will go below £90 :-X
Stegosaurus: I can barely wait for this to be available!  I just hope the tail spikes will be closer to the tip of the tail on the final figure.
Edmontosaurus: Looking at the close-up of the preview, it has a crest on its head, so I think this is the Edmontosaurus regalis.
Diabloceratops: I'm surprised to see this one.  I'm not sure I will replace my Safari version with it.
Utahceratops: YES! ^-^
Styracosaurus: Haolonggood's courageous to compete with PNSO with Styracosaurus.  I won't replace my PNSO version but I might get Haolonggood's too if I like it enough!
Einiosaurus: I guess this will make some people happy!
Xenoceratops: I'm curious about how this one will turn out.

I would fully concur with most of your species / genera assignments, but why do you think that stegosaur in the first row is Huayangosaurus and why do you exclude Tuojiangosaurus? To me this stegosaur looks too large for Huayangosaurus or Kentrosaurus, assuming that the silhouettes reflect the true size difference between the models.

Flaffy

V @vampiredesign Is it possible to make the Amargasaurus have a "full" sail? I believe the most recent conclusion is that the spines would've been fully covered by skin, and not exposed at the tips.

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 20, 2024, 06:24:26 PMI would fully concur with most of your species / genera assignments, but why do you think that stegosaur in the first row is Huayangosaurus and why do you exclude Tuojiangosaurus? To me this stegosaur looks too large for Huayangosaurus or Kentrosaurus, assuming that the silhouettes reflect the true size difference between the models.

Tuojiangosaurus is usually reconstructed with distinctly pointy triangular plates, while Huyayangosaurus shows a much greater plate variation in both size and shape. I agree with avatar_Sim @Sim 's assessment that the latter genus displays features more consistent with the model shown. Particularly the diamond shaped plates above the scapula.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 20, 2024, 06:24:26 PMassuming that the silhouettes reflect the true size difference between the models.
That's the neat part, they don't. Look at the Amarga (a small sauropod) compared to the Mamenchi (a giant one.)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Flaffy on March 20, 2024, 06:28:35 PMV @vampiredesign Is it possible to make the Amargasaurus have a "full" sail? I believe the most recent conclusion is that the spines would've been fully covered by skin, and not exposed at the tips.

I would definitely love to see this too!

Cretaceous Hunter

Quote from: thebermuda303 on March 20, 2024, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: Eatmycar on March 20, 2024, 05:15:20 PMWhile I don't collect 1/35, that Edmontosaurus seems small compared to Stegosaurus. Shouldn't the Edmontosaurus be bigger?

Maiasaur looks gorgeous, though. It's easily a must-buy in my eyes
if I was into this scale!

Haolonggood Edmonto looks to be based on an average sized individual (around 9 meters) pnso is based on a larger 11 meter animal

One of the images from the post seems to have posters on the wall for a stegosaurus and dilophosaurus pair indicating a 1:20 scale. From this I would imagine that the stegosaurs and dilophosaurus pair shown there may be from the 1:20 scale resin line.

MLMjp

I need to get back to collect non-mattel dinosaurs asap, Haolonggood is just killing it with their current and future releases. Unfortunately non-dinosaur collectibles are still taking all my money...

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 20, 2024, 06:24:26 PMI would fully concur with most of your species / genera assignments, but why do you think that stegosaur in the first row is Huayangosaurus and why do you exclude Tuojiangosaurus? To me this stegosaur looks too large for Huayangosaurus or Kentrosaurus, assuming that the silhouettes reflect the true size difference between the models.
Like avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy said, the plates match Huayangosaurus and not Tuojiangosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: