News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Uh, what's wrong with eating burnt pieces of food? Or standing in front of the microwave?

And true there's probably lots of harmful things in the food we eat, or just in general like all the microplastics everywhere (probably mine or the next gens version of leaded gas and asbestos if I had to guess), in comparison to a figure that might be occasionally handled or put on display.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

dragon53

Concavenator

Quote from: Faelrin on March 25, 2024, 10:30:11 PMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Uh, what's wrong with eating burnt pieces of food? Or standing in front of the microwave?

I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you exactly what risks are associated with those practices (even if I have a rough idea based on my Biology studies), but if you're interested in the matter, I would recommend reading scientific papers, or asking a doctor. Not going into more detail with this, because as I said, that paragraph I wrote already was off-topic. Plus, I don't think this sort of discussion belongs in a "dinosaur toy" forum.

Sorry, because I know I'm not directly answering your question, but those recommendations I pointed out are far more valuable than anything I could say.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Faelrin on March 25, 2024, 10:30:11 PMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Uh, what's wrong with eating burnt pieces of food? Or standing in front of the microwave?

And true there's probably lots of harmful things in the food we eat, or just in general like all the microplastics everywhere (probably mine or the next gens version of leaded gas and asbestos if I had to guess), in comparison to a figure that might be occasionally handled or put on display.

I felt compelled to look this up. Turns out that's one of those old wives tales that has no basis in reality. A properly functioning microwave is not dangerous.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/13777570-is-it-bad-to-stand-in-front-of-microwave/
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Torvosaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I agree completely. I was just pointing out why it was there. If I can't walk into my office because my dinosaurs are there or can't drink from a water bottle because of some chemical, I might as well be huddled up in a corner wrapped in cellophane to protect me from the chemicals or whatever else is out there. Wait, does cellophane have pthalates in it?  :)

One thing that always gets me with warnings is that California always seems to be the state that has these warnings. Anything can be deadly, even water, in excessive amounts. California seems to be the one that takes it to the extremes and adds a label.

BTW, did you know that the study that showed  saccharin was deadly had the rats eating extremely high amounts of it. A human would have to eat roughly 200 lbs. of pure saccharin daily to have an equivalent amount to what the rats ate.

Torvo

Stegotyranno420

As someone from California, I can confirm everything is known to cause cancer in the State of California.
Except for high taxes  ;D

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 26, 2024, 01:45:19 AMAs someone from California, I can confirm everything is known to cause cancer in the State of California.
Except for high taxes  ;D

Why is this so true lmfao. (Also from cali) I swear even parking garages cause cancer.

postsaurischian

Why do even experienced members constantly have to post off topic themes?
 Is it so hard to understand forum rule No.5? Is it too complicated?

It's annoying that the HAOLONGGOOD-figures-being-toxic-discussion has been brought up again.
 After Everything Dinosaur's attack last June, HAOLONGGOOD was the only company so far that has proven that this is not the case.
 Nobody else has done this before. They even sent us all the copies of the required certificates.
 And still they're the only ones being suspected? Shame on us!

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2024, 08:48:30 AMWhy do even experienced members constantly have to post off topic themes?

It's annoying that the HAOLONGGOOD-figures-being-toxic-discussion has been brought up again.
 After Everything Dinosaur's attack last June, HAOLONGGOOD was the only company so far that has proven that this is not the case.
 Nobody else has done this before. They even sent us all the copies of the required certificates.
Yes, I was amazed that even in the face of HLG's forwarding of the certificates, this accusation re-emerged. I suspect that it may be merely ignorance OR perhaps the postmodern disease of hyper-vigilantism is being manifested. Some people are seemly desperate to prove their moral superiority, so cast about for "causes" to signal their "virtue". I'm not impressed.

ceratopsian

My feeling is hyper-vigilantism.

Quote from: SidB on March 26, 2024, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2024, 08:48:30 AMWhy do even experienced members constantly have to post off topic themes?

Yes, I was amazed that even in the face of HLG's forwarding of the certificates, this accusation re-emerged. I suspect that it may be merely ignorance OR perhaps the postmodern disease of hyper-vigilantism is being manifested. Some people are seemly desperate to prove their moral superiority, so cast about for "causes" to signal their "virtue". I'm not impressed.

ceratopsian

More on topic, my version A Alamosaurus arrived today - I had Everything Dinosaur hang onto it until it would arrive on a day I was in.  I'm hugely impressed.  It's everything I'd hoped for - thank you so much V @vampiredesign!

Fembrogon

If this is in response to my first post, I was not trying to accuse Haolonggood of anything; nor was Haolonggood the only company I mentioned.
I was debating whether to ask here, or in the TNG thread, or somewhere else entirely. Ultimately I chose here just because it was the most active thread of choice.
The warning surprised me because it's the first time I've seen it, and on a variety of brands from numerous sellers I've ordered from before (eg, My Online Toy Store, Jurassic Zoo Store), so I was simply perplexed and hoped to gain some insight from fellow members. The fact that Haolonggood has specifically addressed safety concerns in the past is all the more reason this warning message seemed strange. I appreciate the input everyone has provided so far.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on March 20, 2024, 05:10:57 PMStyracosaurus: Haolonggood's courageous to compete with PNSO with Styracosaurus.

Yeah, PNSO's Styracosaurus is top-notch, easily one of their best ceratopsids. Still, HLG's Styracosaurus could bring something new to the table if it's in 1:35 scale (as opposed to PNSO's 1:30-or-so) and has a more eye-catching color scheme than PNSO's, which (as per usual) is brown with stripes.

Concavenator

Paleofiguras has posted more pics of both Edmontosaurus variants.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ordered the yellow version from Lana, might pickup the other one too after  I get this one in hand.

Paleo Flo

I guess I'm sort of back in collecting.

The main reason are the HLG offerings. Till now I "only" have the orange Ouranosaurus, the blue Edmontonia and the tiger Apatosaurus.
But I can't resist the green Chasmosaurus or as I call it Charismosaurus. I guess it will move in within the year.
The colourful Dilophosaurus pair and the kiwi Pachyrhino are nevertheless tempting...we have to look, which one I will get.

HLGs offerings gave me I feeling, that I searched in the last two years. They are awesome and not to pricey. I'm looking forword to the other 2024 releases.

A life without collecting dinosaur-figures is possible, but pointless ;) 
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Concavenator

Quote from: Quiversaurus on March 24, 2024, 09:00:14 AMI just watched this and I must say, the size of the Chasmosaurus pleases me very much. It's the first time in a long while that a 1:35 human figure looked big next to a prehistoric creature, and to me it looks like HLG have reached a milestone in creating well-detailed sculpts at a smaller scale. It's a good sign for collectors that have been waiting for such iterations of smaller creatures, and I'm here for it.

A 1:35 Kentrosaurus would likely be about the same length as this Chasmosaurus (12.8cm - 14.2cm for a 4.5m - 5m individual), and seeing how the scutes, horns and toes are done on the Chasmosaurus, I feel like it's only a matter of time till we see this creature finally represented in all its spiky glory. Not to mention the likely Huayangosaurus that has also been revealed - a test run for HLG, perhaps.

Agreed, especially after getting Haolonggood's Chasmosaurus and Dilophosaurus:

Here they are compared with a 1:40 human (figure by Schleich). Not perfectly in scale with the man, then, but this goes to show that these are small figures, and still, look at them!

At first, their figures usually weren't in (actual) 1:35 scale, but now their figures are increasingly more consistent with said scale, and what's more, without compromising on detail and paint app quality for the (relatively) smaller species like the aforementioned ones. If PNSO were to tackle these species, they would most likely be bigger than 1:35.

Seeing these figures, I think a 1:35 Kentrosaurus is not only perfectly feasible, but it would also turn out really great. And since it's requested so much, it would be a smashing success.

Over9K

Quote from: Concavenator on March 26, 2024, 03:57:03 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 20, 2024, 05:10:57 PMStyracosaurus: Haolonggood's courageous to compete with PNSO with Styracosaurus.

Yeah, PNSO's Styracosaurus is top-notch, easily one of their best ceratopsids. Still, HLG's Styracosaurus could bring something new to the table if it's in 1:35 scale (as opposed to PNSO's 1:30-or-so) and has a more eye-catching color scheme than PNSO's, which (as per usual) is brown with stripes.

There's one aspect of the PNSO Styracosaurus that Haolonggood has a clear opportunity to surpass; The pose. PNSO definitely went conservative on that, compared to the dynamics of some of their other ceratopsians.

I feel like Haolonggood has a nice sculpt style, but it's time to level up their posing game.

Sim

PNSO's Styracosaurus has a perfect pose for me.

Concavenator

From "Kentrosaurus is too small" to "there will be opportunities"... We are getting there...  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: