News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on October 04, 2024, 02:56:46 PMPNSO has released a total of 6 figures in 2024, which is an all time low. What is particularly unusual is that they have not released any Museum line figure in this year. We can only speculate about potential reasons. I would think that this low output is due to combination of a number of reasons.

First, PNSO seems to be involved a lot with museum collaborations and exhibitions lately. They are not just a dinosaur figure manufacturer, but they produce books, exhibition materials and different works of paleoart. They may feel the need to diversify their activities more than before.

Second, the economy in China is not doing as well as maybe 2 or 3 years ago, and people will cut on purchases other than what is essential for their everyday life.

Third, PNSO might feel the pressure from competition due to companies like Haolonggood, Meng, Recur and a few others. Probably Haolonggood is the fiercest competitor and has been able to release very good figures at a much cheaper price than PNSO.

Fourth, people may have become more selective in their purchases given the high number of figures that was released by both PNSO and Haolonggood. Last year, both companies together released 35 figures. Only die hard collectors would be able to buy them all.

Fifth, PNSO may have indeed rushed all their non lipped theropods that were in various stages of development and production last year, because they may have feared that they would become obsolete. This may have reduced the number of figures they could release this year.
I will say I wouldn't miss the museum line if they decided to get rid or it OR if they made it optional, I'm very surprised the edmonto and camara weren't museum line figures given their size, detail, and species.