News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

RECUR - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 30, 2024, 07:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Brachiosaurus

Dimorphodon

Triceratops

Mosasaurus

Tyrannosaurus rex

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Stegotyranno420

Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus look surprisingly well made

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 30, 2024, 08:01:37 PMTriceratops and Tyrannosaurus look surprisingly well made

Really big fan of the color schemes they chose, too. I don't keep up with Recur too much, but these are really appealing!
* (It's locked.)

Fembrogon

All of those look pretty good, honestly. I'll be interested in seeing them closer and if any regular retailers end up carrying them.

Prehistory Resurrection

These are from Recur?! I cannot believe that these are from Recur. I thought it was from some other line and I had to take a look at the title of this thread and take a look at the tags again. Their figures have a changed a lot and for the better!
The Triceratops, T-Rex and the Giraffatitan/ Brachiosaurus are the highlights for me. The Mosasaur looks nice too. The colourations and sculpts of all of these are stunning.

Halichoeres

They released some items in 2021 and 2022 that I still haven't managed to find. You'd think someone on AliExpress would be trying to make it easy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Tyrannosaur looks Prehistoric Planet inspired at least a bit.

Nyrorosaurus

These are insanely good for Recur

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 31, 2024, 02:07:31 AMThe Tyrannosaur looks Prehistoric Planet inspired at least a bit.

It reminded me of it too when I saw it. The coloration is very pleasing. If it wasn't for the oversized feet it would be on par with other companies

SidB

Ah yes, the feet. Unfortunate, IMO.

Nyrorosaurus

I don't mind the feet, personally. Considering they're soft vinyl toys, I would be surprised if the challenges of getting a theropod to balance with accurately-sized feet would be even worse than for something made of a harder material. I'm amazed that it looks as good as it does, considering how their previous rexes looked

Edit: I'd forgotten Recur was making some hard plastic models now, so it's possible that these aren't actually soft vinyl. Either way, I'm still very impressed

Stegotyranno420

I mean if these are toys meant for little kids, they are extremely superb. Makes sense the art has evolved to higher quality

Nyrorosaurus

They're also releasing a Tapejara

Primeval12

These are legit great. I hope they are available in the US!

stargatedalek

Does anyone know a good source for buying RECUR? I've been interested in a few of their figures over the years but none aside from the core dinosaur set have ever shown in stock anywhere I could find online.

suspsy

Hope some official images are released soon.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Nyrorosaurus

Some close-up photos of the new figures. They are confirmed to be made of hard plastic instead of soft vinyl.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prehistoriczone/posts/pfbid02G1vYzKBWgHUiJqin7fGd8u5aNo9wFG5qnjAU4EC4fCEyEb65LZ89U2HLt8LhrM1Xl

Perotorum

The funniest part of all this is that Recur has surpassed Papo, which would be a funny joke 7 years ago, but is now reality.

Though, in all seriousness, I somewhat want the triceratops and tyrannosaurus and repaint it based off Saurian.

Sim

I'm happy Recur seems to be going the route of hard plastic figures now.  I'm interested in the Dimorphodon, but I wish for once a company would make Rhamphorhynchus instead of another Dimorphodon. :-\  With pterosaur figures whether I'd like them on the ground or flying depends on what they were better at.  For a lot of pterosaurs that could be either of the two options, but for Dimorphodon I prefer it on the ground as it was poor at flying.  All the other new Recur figures look too stylised for me.

Bread

These look great!

The Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops are the real stunners in my opinion. Only issue I really have is those darn human-like hands on the Triceratops. Also, is that an articulated jaw on the Tyrannosaurus?

I am surely impressed. I am also interested in purchasing these but don't know where to acquire?

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 01, 2024, 05:55:09 AMDoes anyone know a good source for buying RECUR? I've been interested in a few of their figures over the years but none aside from the core dinosaur set have ever shown in stock anywhere I could find online.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: