News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

RECUR - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 30, 2024, 07:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Bread on February 07, 2024, 01:11:42 AMOnly issue I really have is those darn human-like hands on the Triceratops.
I had noticed the Triceratops's hand looked weird, but now that you mention they look like human hands I can't unsee it!  It's both disgusting and hilarious!

Carnoking

T. rex is actually pretty sweet!

SidB

Quote from: Sim on February 07, 2024, 01:18:45 AM
Quote from: Bread on February 07, 2024, 01:11:42 AMOnly issue I really have is those darn human-like hands on the Triceratops.
I had noticed the Triceratops's hand looked weird, but now that you mention they look like human hands I can't unsee it!  It's both disgusting and hilarious!
Of what were they thinking?!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on February 07, 2024, 12:56:30 AMI'm happy Recur seems to be going the route of hard plastic figures now.  I'm interested in the Dimorphodon, but I wish for once a company would make Rhamphorhynchus instead of another Dimorphodon. :-\ 

It does seem like to most toy companies, only three pterosaurs exist: Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus, and Dimorphodon.

Quote from: Sim on February 07, 2024, 01:18:45 AMIt's both disgusting and hilarious!

--reviews of me by my ex-girlfriends
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2024, 03:15:45 AM
I'm guessing the intent was to emphasize the very non-elephantine feet of these animals, to go against the cliche; but clearly they over-compensated.
The rest of the figure looks quite good, though. I'm curious what these will retail for.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2024, 03:15:45 AM

They were thinking "Wow, this AI sculpting algorithm is so close to perfect! Just need to work on them fingers and toes..."

PrimevalRaptor

Not too huge on the colorations for the Mosasaurus and Dimorphodon but wow those are some gorgeous sculpts, I could see myself picking up the T.rex (the only other "recent" one where I considered that was the feathered Safari one lol, other stuff is great but usually a bit out of my price range)

Flaffy

Surprisingly good effort from Recur. The scale detail is particularly stunning on the Triceratops... but gets let down but various other aspects of the sculpt (human hands, cartoonish beak).

I'm most interested in seeing more of the two Pterosaurs. CollectA's Dimorphodon is easily the best representation of the genus available as of now, but Recur's less skinny sculpt also seems quite promising as well. The cartoonish paint does the sculpt absolutely no favours however. Odd that they were able to give the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus such naturalistic colour schemes, but not on the others.

Flaffy

Blade-of-the-Moon

that looks awfully familiar...

Flaffy

Faelrin

I know the colors are guady, but it makes me want to breed one in Ark to look like this, lol.

Edit: The sculpt is pretty nice too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Flaffy on February 28, 2024, 05:15:31 PMDimorphodon

Ever since I saw this one I've been tempted to modify it into a Caelestiventus. (I could probably do that with most Dimorphodon figures but this one is speaking to me)

Flaffy

Flaffy

Far superior to Schleich's sad attempt. Odd dorsal fin placement though IMO.

suspsy

I hope Recur releases photos of the remaining new toys soon. I'm holding off on posting about them on the blog till then.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Gwangi

I like the Mosasaurus and Dimorphodon, colors included. If I didn't just get CollectA's Mosa I would be tempted by this one.

Halichoeres

The Dimorphodon is pretty decent. I might go for it if I didn't already have CollectA's.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Over9K

After looking around for a source for RECUR, I dropped a note to DeJankins.

It sounds like RECUR has an ordering requirement that makes it a PITA for smaller retailers to stock their product. DeJankins asked me about the level of interest, wondering if it's enough to warrant them performing the required backflips and jazzhands to acquire inventory.

Apparently I'm the first person in a while to inquire about RECUR products... lol.

Maybe I'll try Happy Hen...

marisaura

Quote from: Over9K on March 05, 2024, 12:27:00 AMIt sounds like RECUR has an ordering requirement that makes it a PITA for smaller retailers to stock their product. DeJankins asked me about the level of interest, wondering if it's enough to warrant them performing the required backflips and jazzhands to acquire inventory.

that makes a lot of sense. recur products seem to be inordinately difficult to find in western markets and i've always wondered why. i've been interested in their basilosaurus (and the sinosaurus, although i think that one's a museum exclusive?), but i've never once seen it available anywhere.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: