News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I know Safari has been thinking of these as 2023 releases, but it is now February, so I think that ship has sailed. I'll add any additional releases as soon as they're announced.

Stegouros

Therizinosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Still no sign of the 2023 figures arriving the UK... :'(

Concavenator

S @Shane Speaking of 2024 figures, do you know when we might start seeing the first prehistorics of the year?

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2024, 11:21:23 PMStill no sign of the 2023 figures arriving the UK... :'(
I asked Everything Dinosaur if they will be stocking the 2023 Safari Utahraptor sometime soon and they said they will in the spring.  I imagine the Safari Estemmenosuchus will be stocked by them as well at that time.

suspsy

I wonder when we'll start seeing images of official 2024 merchandise. December, probably.  :-\
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Planning to pick up both once released.

SpartanSquat

Yeah, stegouros and therizinosaurus should be counted as 2024 releases. Finally this year I could get majunga in spain.
In wishes I hope safari will rerelease some of their old ceratopsians they retired but I want some large frill ceratops like pentaceratops, torosaurus and chasmosaurus. In other dinos: Torvosaurus, plateosaurus, corythosaurus, lambeosaurus. And other prehistoric beasties: more cenozoic and paleozoic fellas.

Shane

2024 is underway and new items will be shared when they are far enough along for it to make sense.

I'm not going to get into everyone's individual gripes on a granular level, but I can only say that production takes time, sometimes there are delays, sometimes things change, sometimes it takes longer than anticipated.

For all that it's worth, this has been the case even when everything was announced all at once in the past. Some items were not always available on the year of their intended release.

Kentrosaurus should be coming in any day now.

Stegouros is expected by late February.

Carnoking

S @Shane

This might have been covered in a previous thread but does Safari have any intention or desire to get back to their pre-2020 model of new releases with reveals happening in the late summer/early fall with some products for the new year being available around the holidays, or have times just changed too much for this to be an option anymore?

Personally, I'm in no hurry and it isn't as though this is an issue exclusive to Safari. The CollectA Stegouros still hasn't shown up in stocks at Happy Hen Toys here in the states.

Shane

Quote from: Carnoking on February 02, 2024, 01:50:51 PMS @Shane

This might have been covered in a previous thread but does Safari have any intention or desire to get back to their pre-2020 model of new releases with reveals happening in the late summer/early fall with some products for the new year being available around the holidays, or have times just changed too much for this to be an option anymore?

Personally, I'm in no hurry and it isn't as though this is an issue exclusive to Safari. The CollectA Stegouros still hasn't shown up in stocks at Happy Hen Toys here in the states.

To my knowledge there is no intention to return to that model.

Figures are in production all year long and they are announced and released throughout the year.

bmathison1972

Me personally, I consider for Safari the production year the announcement year, given their current format of continuous announcement and release, so I consider these shown in the first post as 2023 figures.

Not sure how Safari regards them, maybe S @Shane knows, but if Safari considers them '2023' figures so shall I

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 02, 2024, 02:50:54 PMMe personally, I consider for Safari the production year the announcement year, given their current format of continuous announcement and release, so I consider these shown in the first post as 2023 figures.

Not sure how Safari regards them, maybe S @Shane knows, but if Safari considers them '2023' figures so shall I

This is essentially the case.

Shane

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on February 02, 2024, 05:28:07 PMThe Kentrosaurus is now available on Safari's store site:
https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/kentrosaurus

I am planning on it, but need more to reach the $25 minimum. Maybe I'll be able to get the Kentrosaurus, Stegouros, and Everglades TOOB together???

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 02, 2024, 05:53:14 PM
Quote from: Shane on February 02, 2024, 05:28:07 PMThe Kentrosaurus is now available on Safari's store site:

I am planning on it, but need more to reach the $25 minimum. Maybe I'll be able to get the Kentrosaurus, Stegouros, and Everglades TOOB together???

If you can wait until the end of Feb/beginning of March, those should all be available, barring any unforeseen delays.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on February 02, 2024, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 02, 2024, 05:53:14 PM

If you can wait until the end of Feb/beginning of March, those should all be available, barring any unforeseen delays.

Yup!

Halichoeres

I hope I haven't given the impression that I started this thread out of pique. Safari switching to a rolling release schedule doesn't bother me. I'm mainly concerned with this sub-forum having an accurate record of what was released this year. For example, if someone is making a "2024 top 10" poll 11 months from now, they might miss these, even though they were not included in the 2023 poll.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I fully agree with this sentiment. It's why I did not include them in the 2023 poll as they still haven't released yet, even if Safari technically considers them part of their planned 2023 lineup, they will actually be releasing this year for what it's worth. On the contrary even though the Hammond Collection Carnotaurus is technically part of the Mattel JW 2024 lineup it was available as early as October or November in 2023 (never mind the number of requests for it), hence its inclusion in the 2023 poll.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on February 04, 2024, 04:47:05 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I fully agree with this sentiment. It's why I did not include them in the 2023 poll as they still haven't released yet, even if Safari technically considers them part of their planned 2023 lineup, they will actually be releasing this year for what it's worth. On the contrary even though the Hammond Collection Carnotaurus is technically part of the Mattel JW 2024 lineup it was available as early as October or November in 2023 (never mind the number of requests for it), hence its inclusion in the 2023 poll.

Oh that's interesting. So the HC Carno is sort of the odd one out in that respect. I wonder if there will be people requesting its inclusion in the 2024 poll?

Faelrin

Honestly I was hesitant to include it initially on that basis, but since it had a lot of support, I did add it, and the poll results show for it. Not nearly as much as like PNSO and the like, but pretty decent. I mean it's doing better then every single BotM figure thus far, so that's something I suppose, and a few various others. I'd have to take a look again at the previous polls, but it might even be doing better then any previous Mattel figure in these polls possibly. It is currently ranked in the top 25 figures (out of 103, when including the two write ins as separate entries) based on the current totals.

Anyways I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Stegouros and the Therizinosaurus. It actually occurred to me today that I'd like to get a comparison of the Safari one with the Mattel figure. Perhaps I should place an order for the CollectA one at some point as well. So glad this adorable and unique little ankylosaur is getting this much attention on the toy market so fast.

Edit: Yeah it is by far the most voted for Mattel JW toy in any of these polls so far (well at least starting from 2018), with only a few coming close.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: