News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

S @Shane genuine question was the nanuq resembling Appa in it's color scheme intentional or a coincidence?

Shane

Quote from: JimoAi on July 27, 2024, 04:22:34 AMS @Shane genuine question was the nanuq resembling Appa in it's color scheme intentional or a coincidence?

As I mentioned earlier, it was purely coincidental.

SpartanSquat

Excellent job you did in the salta!

So no other releases for the year beside these 4 right?

Shane

Quote from: SpartanSquat on July 27, 2024, 04:40:05 AMExcellent job you did in the salta!

So no other releases for the year beside these 4 right?

There is more stuff in the works, but nothing likely to be available before the end of the year.

Prehistory Resurrection

A more close-up shot of the Nanuqsaurus:

While CollectA's version is good, I think this one looks better in terms of the pose and the colour scheme.

JimoAi

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on July 27, 2024, 06:15:39 AMA more close-up shot of the Nanuqsaurus:

While CollectA's version is good, I think this one looks better in terms of the pose and the colour scheme.

does it have lips or nah? it's hard to tell ngl

Brontozaurus

Quote from: JimoAi on July 27, 2024, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on July 27, 2024, 06:15:39 AMA more close-up shot of the Nanuqsaurus:

does it have lips or nah? it's hard to tell ngl

It looks lipped to me, more obviously around the lower jaw but the teeth in the upper jaw look like they're behind something.

Honestly pretty keen for all of these, but Saltasaurus and Austroraptor are the two I'm feeling that I'll pick up.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah that Austroraptor looks absolutely stellar in this new pic and I can't wait to see better images of that Megalosaurus, I do like the CollectA one a lot already but this one looks really promising, love the pose.
That new Saltasaurus is also great, love the sculpting on the osteoderms. The original Carnegie one was one of my first Safari Ltd figures so it's great to see an updated version!

Flaffy

Glad to see another Carnegie species checked off the list. Has anyone made a checklist of all remaining Carnegie species yet to be remade by Safari? Would like to see more angles of the Saltasaurus, particularly to see if it's infamous rotund gut was captured.

Credit: Scott Hartman and Joschua Knüppe respectively.

bmathison1972

Oooo, a Saltasaurus! Plan on getting that one, too, for sure!

Shane

Quote from: Flaffy on July 27, 2024, 12:47:31 PMWould like to see more angles of the Saltasaurus, particularly to see if it's infamous rotund gut was captured.

More pics soon, but I can say it is suitably girthy in the midsection.

SenSx

Quote from: Dilopho on July 27, 2024, 02:18:23 AMI've been waiting for a Megalosaurus like this for SO long! CollectA's was LOVELY, but way too small!

True, but I'm personnaly still keeping the Collecta as it makes a nice juvenile.

JimoAi

does the nanuqsaurus have lips since it's hard to tell

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shane on July 25, 2024, 02:52:55 PMAlso, it's not all theropods, there's another Prehistoric World figure that isn't shown in that teaser.

The Saltasaurus is a great relief! Although I'm still riding high from last year's Estemmenosuchus.

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 27, 2024, 12:43:34 AMI don't think it's likely, but I wonder if the sculptor for the megalosaurus is Forest Rogers? The photo isn't great, but it kind of reminds me of her style.

That was my first thought as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

If Forest Rogers was returning that would be an incredible reveal in its own right. Has she been active in any paleoart since the Carnegie Collection was retired?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Megalosaurus looks the nicest to me. The saltasaurus has a pretty thin neck?

Sim

S @Shane, I like the Saltasaurus's colouration!

I've made a thread for the retro species Safari hasn't made updated versions of yet, including Carnegie Collection species: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11520.msg376651;topicseen#new

SpartanSquat

Who did the salta? Looks very forest roger

Dilopho

Rogers' Giganotosaurus is one of my most prized possessions.

Primeval12

Love the Saltasaurus. I remember being barred from taking the original Carnegie one to school because I intended to whack people with it on the playground... (NB. don't get any ideas).

Also, this is a year where I intend to get EVERYONE from the lineup. That hasn't happened for AGES. Nice job Safari.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: