News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHOWANNA - New for 2025

Started by Concavenator, April 23, 2024, 07:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

funny. In my early days on the forum I had "irrational" dreams that resin kits I liked would be converted into affordable PVC models. Look where we are now.  :)

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 25, 2024, 07:25:47 PMThanks to a post by Vlad Konstantinov who modeled the Rex, we now know that it will cost about $59, a great price!

More affordable than both Cameron and Wilson!  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 25, 2024, 07:25:47 PMThanks to a post by Vlad Konstantinov who modeled the Rex, we now know that it will cost about $59, a great price!

Did he mention if it's coming fully painted like this?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2024, 03:45:00 AM

It should be yes! Tho the paint may not be as good, depending on the factory they're using

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 26, 2024, 03:48:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2024, 03:45:00 AM

It should be yes! Tho the paint may not be as good, depending on the factory they're using

That's what I'm thinking, it could be a much simplified version of what we are seeing.

Kuraro

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2024, 03:51:11 AMThat's what I'm thinking, it could be a much simplified version of what we are seeing.

Paleofiguras told me Showanna has mentioned they expect the final product to retain about a 80 % - 90 % of the prototype (?) quality. So even then, it should still look great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on April 26, 2024, 12:28:10 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2024, 03:51:11 AMThat's what I'm thinking, it could be a much simplified version of what we are seeing.

Paleofiguras told me Showanna has mentioned they expect the final product to retain about a 80 % - 90 % of the prototype (?) quality. So even then, it should still look great.

That's very good. I'll wait and see some production photos to reserve final judgment. Even if it's just the paint work it can always be repainted. 59.00 is a great deal vs 100.00 for no paint. 

Carnoking

I wrote this off thinking it would be another couple hundred dollar resin release but Lana just posted it up for presales at 60 dollars! That's insane!
Was planning on picking up Eofauna's soon but now I might hold off in favor of this pre-order!

Concavenator

Pre-orders now live: https://lanatime-shop.com/products/showmu001?_pos=3&_sid=1d0a23af6&_ss=r

Lana has said pre-orders will last until the end of May, and that the price will increase afterwards.

Features resin removable base.

Ships in Q1 2025.

SRF

Has anyone here from Europe ever purchased anything from Lanatime shop? I figure the shipping costs will be quite heavy to get this thing to Europe, and then there's the additional VAT charges for importing stuff from outside the EU...

With all that, this Rex will probably turns out to be a lot and I mean a lot more expensive than what I've paid for Cameron with a sale on AliExpress last year.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on April 27, 2024, 05:37:25 PMand then there's the additional VAT charges for importing stuff from outside the EU...

Really? I recently got a pair of Haolonggood figures from AliExpress (shipping from China), and I haven't had to pay any VAT.

Eatmycar

The injuries on this guy are stellar. What a great sculpt with a loving attention to detail!

But I'm curious to see how this looks in hand as opposed to the photo-ready prototype.

shahinos

Quote from: SRF on April 27, 2024, 05:37:25 PMHas anyone here from Europe ever purchased anything from Lanatime shop? I figure the shipping costs will be quite heavy to get this thing to Europe, and then there's the additional VAT charges for importing stuff from outside the EU...

With all that, this Rex will probably turns out to be a lot and I mean a lot more expensive than what I've paid for Cameron with a sale on AliExpress last year.

I'm also worried about the hidden VAT and/or customs. It's 25% extra to Sweden. Through AliExpress all those things are included in the shown price, but so sure about Lana.

Shipping was 20 USD, I can live with that.

shahinos

Quote from: Concavenator on April 27, 2024, 05:51:16 PM
Quote from: SRF on April 27, 2024, 05:37:25 PMand then there's the additional VAT charges for importing stuff from outside the EU...

Really? I recently got a pair of Haolonggood figures from AliExpress (shipping from China), and I haven't had to pay any VAT.

Many countries have an agreement with AliExpress to show VAT-included prices. So if I'm not logged in, the price is different from when I login and have my shipping address updated.

SRF

That's because on AliExpress the VAT is included in the price you pay upfront.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on April 27, 2024, 04:49:56 PMPre-orders now live: https://lanatime-shop.com/products/showmu001?_pos=3&_sid=1d0a23af6&_ss=r

Lana has said pre-orders will last until the end of May, and that the price will increase afterwards.

Features resin removable base.

Ships in Q1 2025.
Thanks for the info avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator - I just ordered one from Lana for delivery in the first quarter of 2025. The price was 59.99 USD plus 30 shipping to Toronto, Canada. It will be a bit of a wait, but seems to be worthwhile.

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on April 27, 2024, 07:20:05 PM

That's because on AliExpress the VAT is included in the price you pay upfront.

Oh OK I didn't know that.

Over9K

Been looking at this and scratching my head, because I **knew** I had seen this exact model before, two or three years ago. I never knew the brand, but swore I had seen it on ebay, from multiple sellers, big scale in resin, built and painted, for like $1000.

Took me a minute to find it, because it's hidden on Lana Time's website, but I was right. Showanna offered this exact same sculpt as a 1/18th scale, 22" long statue for ~$900. All they've done is hit it with the shrink ray down to 1/35th scale, mirrored the pose, added the jaw articulation, and Robert's your father's brother. Obviously, the larger, resin model has deeper, crisper detail, but side-by-side it becomes clear that the two models share the same sculpt. The first image below is the resin model, in the second photo I flipped the image of the resin model to compare to the PVC model. In third image, the resin model is on the right.

This is a cost-effective way for Showanna to test the PVC figure waters, with minimal time/money invested to get an initial product out.

I'm pre-ordered for this T.rex, and I'm anxious to see what they do next in PVC...

Bread

avatar_Over9K @Over9K good catch.

I'd like to also note in case anyone is worried that the original artist, Vlad Konstantinov, is not getting enough credit. This is a project he's working on with Showanna as usual. And although he does not state if more PVC 1/35 scale models are to come, I assume they'll do this again with as Over9K showed, Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Spinosaurus, etc...

I've noticed this company and artist lean more towards therapods, just as an FYI.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: