News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHOWANNA - New for 2025

Started by Concavenator, April 23, 2024, 07:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

1:35 PVC model of Tyrannosaurus rex specimen RSM P2523.8 ("Scotty").

- Features articulated jaw and removable resin base.

- Release date: ships in Q1 2025.

- Price: 59 USD (without shipping)

Pre-orders: https://lanatime-shop.com/products/showmu001?_pos=3&_sid=1d0a23af6&_ss=r

Stegotyranno420

55 USD? Usually these are in the 100s of dollars.

Sim

It looks impressive!  I wonder if it has lips?  It's not a species I've been wanting, since I have the PNSO Cameron, but this is based on a different specimen of Tyrannosaurus so I might get it...  It reminds me of Vitae's style, I'd like to see more species by Showanna, species that lack a satisfactory figure.  I looked up this company and I see they've made resin models in the past such as of Mapusaurus and Allosaurus.  avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, imagine if they made a PVC Allosaurus ;)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Only $55!? I was so sure that I would get eofauna's but now... My only hesitation is whether it has full lips or only semi-lips, but even then I may overlook it.

Concavenator

I'd say it does have lips indeed.

Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2024, 08:57:12 PMI looked up this company and I see they've made resin models in the past such as of Mapusaurus and Allosaurus.  avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, imagine if they made a PVC Allosaurus ;)

Yes, and that Allosaurus was A. jimmadseni (my favorite species!) and specifically, Big Al (my favorite specimen!).  ;D So of course I had to go to their Instagram page (@showanna.collectable, if anyone is wondering) and leave a suggestion for a 1:35, PVC version of the Allosaurus!* If they end up making it, that would be the definitive Allosaurus I'm looking for!!

* It's been a while since they don't post anything (September 2022), but hopefully someone will notice it.  :P

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 23, 2024, 11:22:33 PMOnly $55!?

Paleofiguras said that's the price it will have in China, it may have a different price for Western countries. In that regard, for instance, PNSO and Haolonggood figures are cheaper in China than they are for us.

Concavenator

More pics I've found. Source: Baidu.

shahinos

I have to say, this definitely caught my attention!

Pliosaurking

That is a beautiful model, if it's not too expensive I'll definitely try and grab one.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh wow, def getting this instead of eofauna!

Skorpio V.

LOVE Vlad Konstantov's work and especially his Stan sculpt. Not as big of a fan of the pose on this one as much as their 1/35 resin kit though, but it's great they're branching out to more mass-produced models!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's really interesting to see Showanna throw it's hat into this circle. I own a couple of their models and they are usually very pricey. They have a 1/35 Rex resin model, unpainted for 100.00 for example. I'm not sure how this will get that level of paint/detail for 55.00 or even a 100.00

It does seem they use the exact same models most of the time with minor tweaks so this could be using the same file as the larger models.

Concavenator

Andy says he's been told that if this Tyrannosaurus sells well, Showanna is going to release an entire line of dinosaur figures!!  :o

Would love to think that in that case, a figure of Big Al would be unavoidable, and oh boy if that ever happens...  ;D

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh my god, a line of Showanna pvc figures would be absolutely peak! So many new high quality companies lately, Dino fans are really eating good!

KrazyKaprosuchus

A PVC line from Showanna would be a dream come true for sure.

Pliosaurking

If they start a somewhat affordable line, watch out!

suspsy

That Scotty looks killer. Well done indeed!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SRF

This figure looks very, very interesting. The sculptor of this figure, Vlad Konstantinov, posted the figure on his Instagram account as well, stating that it can be pre-ordered through Lanatimeshop shortly, but that it is expected to be sent out in the first quarter of 2025. So sadly, it will not be a 2024 release.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 23, 2024, 08:50:06 PM55 USD? Usually these are in the 100s of dollars.

They're usually resin models that cost hundreds (if not, thousands) of dollars.

Showanna should have gotten into this PVC production of figures long ago. They dominate resin models currently, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are held as high as PNSO and Haolonggood if they progress far with this first PVC figure.

One issue, is acquiring this figure. I've had Showanna kits in mind and as soon as they're available they are out of stock. They're desirable to say the least.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Thanks to a post by Vlad Konstantinov who modeled the Rex, we now know that it will cost about $59, a great price!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Definitely gonna pick this guy up, apparently it should ship around Q1 2025

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: