You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New paper providing more support that humans contributed to the Pleistocene-Holocene extinctions

Started by Faelrin, July 04, 2024, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Good to see that Captain Obvious is pursuing a career in paleontological science
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

This has seemed rather inherent, but it's nice to have a formal paper talking about it. Especially to counter some of the green washing narrative that goes around and often tries to deny this stuff.

EmperorDinobot

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 05, 2024, 05:35:47 AMThis has seemed rather inherent, but it's nice to have a formal paper talking about it. Especially to counter some of the green washing narrative that goes around and often tries to deny this stuff.

A lot of 'noble savage' mythologizing, as though Europeans are the only ones capable of obliterating whole species. Sure, the earliest Americans didn't have firearms, but they had thousands of years and a fauna naive to ape-shaped predators.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.