News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2025

Started by GojiraGuy1954, August 17, 2024, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Where are the pics of the Diplodocus?

postsaurischian

Primeval12

GojiraGuy1954

The Carcharo looks pretty good for a Schleich. The dilo not so much
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: suspsy on August 18, 2024, 12:15:01 AM
Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on August 17, 2024, 11:31:39 PMThe ice mammoth is intriguing to me, especially considering how cool their ice sabercat is

I'm hoping that the mammoth's tusks will be made of translucent blue "ice."

They are! There is a Youtube video with the mammoth presented.

suspsy

Yeah, I've seen the video. I really like the frost mammoth and I'll definitely be picking it up for my boys, and to review for the blog. Now if only we can see the stone Triceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

The Carcharodontosaurus is actually not bad, the Dilophosaurus is pretty bad looking. I'm going to wait to see in hand photos before I make a solid opinion on them however.

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 20, 2024, 04:30:57 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 18, 2024, 12:15:01 AM
Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on August 17, 2024, 11:31:39 PMThe ice mammoth is intriguing to me, especially considering how cool their ice sabercat is

I'm hoping that the mammoth's tusks will be made of translucent blue "ice."

They are! There is a Youtube video with the mammoth presented.

It looks great!

Gwangi

The Carcharodontosaurus is acceptable but there are far better options out there. The Dilophosaurus is hot garbage. The frost mammoth looks like it stepped right out of Primal. I don't collect their fantasy creatures but that one is admittedly pretty cool.

CityRaptor

Let's see
Diplodocus: Okay...I guess. But junk compared to other Dippys
Carcharodontosaurus: Something about that one looks off...and again better options.
Dilophosaurus: Garbage!
Frost Mammoth: Actually kinda cool
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PrimevalRaptor

Looks like the Carcharodontosaurus is by the same sculptor as the Tarbosaurus and Allosaurus (they also sure love those dark markings). Doesn't look too bad and a bit more natural pose than the Allosaurus, though the head looks a tiny bit long to me?
The Dilophosaurus...eh. Not their best, not their worst but it doesn't wow me at all

Carnoking

Even by schleich standards, that dilophosaurus is laughable

Faelrin

The ice mammoth is really neat looking. Might have to pick that one up.

That Dilophosaurus is continuing the trend of cursed unguligrade theropods from them I see.

The Carcharodontosaurus reminds me of the Ark one, but like with a more mid head sculpt.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Deinonychus!

The dinosaurs look absolutely awful, the real stars of the show here are the ice mammoth & ice smilodon, which personally I think look stellar! Ice age mammals with an ice theme is always a cool concept, especially with those ice tusks on the mammoth.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Interesting how the dilophosaurus is based on the previous Schleich dilophosaurus... which was based on the Papo dilophosaurus, which was based on the Sideshow dilophosaurus. Definitely a downgrade each time. Looks like the Carcharodontosaurus was inspired by the Dominion giganotosaurus as well. Really a shame to see Schleich staying at this level, especially since their modern animals are much better.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Libraraptor

Last Sunday I met someone who works at Schleich. I was offering cladistics with toy figures at the natural history museum in Münster. He started his own company offering paintbrushed, Jurassic Park-inspired  busts, models and sculls. I had been told before he mainly works for the Schleich modeling department, and when he passed my booth, observing it interested, I casually dropped, "yeah, there are some Schleich figures, but only of the recent species. They don´t do very well with extinct species." - "Oh thank you", he said surprised, "I work for Schleich". I asked him how come they do dinosaur figures who mostly look God-awful (i.E. their new Gallimimus), and he answered with in-house reasons. He was convinced the department he works for is doing well but is often torpedoed by other departments. I also wanted to bring the message to Schleich that they are often talked about snidely since it does by no means get better (the figures about are a great proof again).
I don´t know if anything of this really reaches the decision maker level in Schleich company, so they will continue releasing embarassing gifures, I guess.

Libraraptor

Last Sunday I met someone who works at Schleich. I was offering cladistics with toy figures and my book at the natural history museum in Münster. He worked at my neighbour booth and had started his own company offering paintbrushed, Jurassic Park-inspired  busts, models and sculls. I had been told before he mainly works for the Schleich modeling department, and when he passed my booth, observing it interested, I  casually dropped without being asked, "yeah, I work with some Schleich figures, but only of the recent species. They don´t do very well with extinct species, honestly, they´re really, really bad at those. Which is twice as annoying, since for example with their Psittacosaurus the proofed they COULD do better if only they WANTED." - "Oh thank you", he answered surprised, "I work for Schleich". I asked him how come they do dinosaur figures who mostly look God-awful (i.E. their new Gallimimus), and he answered with in-house reasons. He was convinced the department he works for is doing well but is often torpedoed by other departments. I also wanted to bring the message to Schleich that they are often talked about snidely on this forum since it does by no means get better (the figures about are a great proof again).
I don´t know if anything of this really reaches the decision maker level in Schleich company, so they will continue releasing embarassing figures, I guess.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Faelrin on August 20, 2024, 11:54:39 PMThe Carcharodontosaurus reminds me of the Ark one, but like with a more mid head sculpt.
Honestly, I think the Carcharo figure more closely resembles the Acrocanthosaurus from the Ark Additions mod

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Prehistory Resurrection

Honestly, given the wide choice of companies now and given that there are far better choices today, I think Schleich is now an easy pass. But given that their target market is children, I guess they still have a certain appeal/charm with children rather than us, collectors.

The Diplodocus is okay, but as said, there are far better options. I have CollectA's versions, so this is an easy pass.

The Carcharodontosaurus and Dilophosaurus are easy passes for me, given that I've recently got the better CollectA 2015 Carcharodontosaurus and the 2021 Dilophosaurus as part of my recent haul.

Not a fan of the crocodile-like scutes on the Carcharodontosaurus. But it's okay for what it is. I like the colour scheme and pose. The head sculpt reminds me of the juvenile Giganotosaurus;

The Dilophosaurus' color scheme is reminiscent of their 2016 version. It's obvious that they tried to make a more accurate version, but it isn't appealing.

I wasn't aware of the fantasy-type Smilodon, and glad that they now made a fantasy-type Mammoth too to join the Smilodon. I have their Eldrador Ice Wolf;

Unlike their dinosaurs, I really Schleich's fantasy figures.

Sim

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on August 21, 2024, 04:13:25 PMThe Carcharodontosaurus and Dilophosaurus are easy passes for me, given that I've recently got the better CollectA 2015 Carcharodontosaurus and the 2021 Dilophosaurus as part of my recent haul.
The CollectA Dilophosaurus might be better than the Schleich, but their Carcharodontosaurus isn't.  I've long felt the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus looks very good but that anatomically it's awful.

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on August 21, 2024, 04:13:25 PMThe head sculpt reminds me of the juvenile Giganotosaurus;
Were you expecting them to look more different?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: