News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2025

Started by GojiraGuy1954, August 17, 2024, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

the Velociraptor is simply unacceptable

PrimevalRaptor

Well..the colors are nice I guess and I know Schleich loves their repaints but wow, the bar was literally on the floor...

SidB

I recently picked up a trio of Schleich African Bush Elephants at the Calgary Zoo's shop ( see New Aquisitions, if interested). What a contrast in quality. A quite different artist(s) doubtless.

Libraraptor

Disappointments only except for the mammoth.

Fembrogon

Well, the fantasy mammals look cool, I'll give them credit for that. I think that reflects the reality of their in-house style quite bluntly, though.

In regards to the horrible-looking feet, I feel like the sculptors are trying to model the fancy footwork we see from PNSO and the like, where the foot is mid-step. The problem is, Schleich's sculptors clearly don't understand, and aren't paying attention to, the details of how theropod foot anatomy actually works; thus we get dino figures with entirely new joints in their feet.

As a random aside, I was recently visiting a local Barnes & Noble, and got to handle some recent Schleich dinos in person, including the horrendous Moros. That cursed has me chuckling out loud in the store over how bad it was. Sad, really, for an "education"-based company.

EmperorDinobot

^ Moros has joints that don't exist in nature. It's worse in person than it is in the photos.

Kroger stores are de-Schleichifying themselves. The shelves that once housed them are sitting empty and a lot of figures are in the clearance section, which is nice, but they never carried anything that interested me anyways, like the big playsets. This can mean a few things: They're making space so their lackluster toy section can carry other things, or they're gonna have more edutainment toys, which is an extremely risky and unprofitable venture. Nobody wants edutainment stuff except for us, and some people in affluent neighborhoods. Some meaning very little.

I'm supposed to pick up the 3 Monolophosaurus and the red polacanthid, but I'm short on cash, and mom doesn't wanna drive to the Fred Meyer where I saw them. If the Gryphon is on sale I'll pick it up too. Beautiful figure. Schleich does make beautiful fantasy figures. My sister's phoenix sits in my dad's desk now. I'm not sure she even saw it. She was still in a coma when I got it for her.
I might end up collecting those...noooo...
When the fantasy figures end up looking more realistic than your dinosaurs, you have a problem.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.