News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Applause Dinos

Started by Ammonites, February 17, 2013, 04:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammonites

I'll be working on an article for a web site for the Applause Dinosaur line, specifically the ones that came out in 1992.  I haven't been able to locate a site with a complete listing of these figures and thought that since there was not already a thread for this line I might as well start one.

I've been able to identify a few, but there's incomplete listings whenever I try to find a specific one.  Maybe someone here could help?

Brachiosaurus

Plateosaurus

Sabertooth

Triceratops

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have a blue pteranodon.  I know there was a Red T-Rex ..and I think a Stegosaurus  as well.

I recall the purple one up there was an Apato or Bronto I think.

Jetoar

I have the red T-Rex, I will share images of it  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I might have one of these Plushies,   Though i am unsure utill Jeoter shows his.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thinking on it there may have been a Dimetrodon as well..seems I recall one.  There were also mini versions.

Takama

Was the Dimetrodon Yellow with a Roundish head?

Ammonites

Yeah, it was.  I remember seeing it in a store a while back but couldn't afford it at the time...

Takama

OMG i had one,,,   I might still have it.    I will post a photo if i do

Gryphoceratops

I have a blue triceratops and a purple stegosaurus from this line.  I also have a mini red rex and yello dimetrodon (yes it has a round head).  I will try to get photos of them on here (they are in the attic gotta dig them out).  They also made even smaller keychain versions of them for Wendys toys several years ago. 

Seijun

I have an orange trex/allosaurus?, but it is living at my parents house far away >_< I cant find any pictures of it online.

Meanwhile, here are some from ebay

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

deanm

I have a Pteranodon

My son has a Triceratops and Brachiosaurus. I've included a close-up of the Brachiosaur head as it is different than the previously posted one.

Ammonites

These look like updated ones, deanm.  What's the wingspan on that Pteranodon?  Can't tell from the photo but it looks pretty big.

deanm

Quote from: Ammonites on February 20, 2013, 03:09:54 AM
These look like updated ones, deanm.  What's the wingspan on that Pteranodon?  Can't tell from the photo but it looks pretty big.

Wing span is about 28 inches (if I recall correctly). I can confirm tomorrow.

Cyprian

These are what I have...Most were from when I was a kid, but the big ones I actually came across last year in a shop in Seward, Alaska - couldn't resist. There's also a purple mammoth that I've seen on ebay a few times.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: deanm on February 20, 2013, 03:22:33 AM
Quote from: Ammonites on February 20, 2013, 03:09:54 AM

Wing span is about 28 inches (if I recall correctly). I can confirm tomorrow.

It is good sized,  24/25 " inches without and with the body.  I saw this one in a Cracker Barrel restaurant years ago and had one of my aunt's buy it for me ..really cool. ;D 

Jetoar

My T. rex has another head and I think it is bigger than this  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: deanm on February 20, 2013, 02:36:53 AM
I have a Pteranodon

My son has a Triceratops and Brachiosaurus. I've included a close-up of the Brachiosaur head as it is different than the previously posted one.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) thnks!
I used to own the brachio, I wasnt sure if it was from this mark, but when I saw it again was like see an old friend from your childhood,  I havn't see him like in most of 10 years!
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Saw a bigger version of the Spino on ebay recently.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.