News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Keith Strasser Planet Earth Sculpture

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 07, 2013, 03:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Has anyone heard anything yet? I wish I could buy his 1/18 Dilophosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't heard from him since last summer.

ataraxus

i wait now 1 1/2 year for my order. he answers sometimes but i`m still waiting...frustrating.

Blade-of-the-Moon

He seems easy to reach via phone..that's probably the best way to try.

ataraxus

but when english is not the mother language....difficult. :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on March 06, 2014, 05:26:33 AM
but when english is not the mother language....difficult. :o

I get your point..but it's possible he might understand you. Surely he's dealt with overseas customers before I would think.  You might get Mike Fredericks of PT to help you out. I know he sells some kits for Keith on occasion.

ataraxus

Thank you Blade. I have the same Problems at the first order so i know this a Little bit. when i ask per email he answers and send his apologies. i think when i made pressure over Mike it changes nothing.

tyrantqueen

I have sent an email but never gotten one answer... :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2014, 02:56:56 PM

To Keith or Mike ?

I know Keith had told me he has limited to no internet access much of the time.  He has to go into town from where is to get it.

He told me he had a setback last year where a customer ordered a Dinosaur Revolution Allosaurus head ( not me ) then had to back out and that cost him.  So he may be behind.

If at all possible I would try Mike or try calling Keith.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2014, 05:02:31 PM

To Keith or Mike ?

I know Keith had told me he has limited to no internet access much of the time.  He has to go into town from where is to get it.

He told me he had a setback last year where a customer ordered a Dinosaur Revolution Allosaurus head ( not me ) then had to back out and that cost him.  So he may be behind.

To Keith Strasser. Emailing Mike Fredericks seems like an idea, maybe I'll try it. Even if I only got one kit, I'd be happy :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2014, 05:24:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2014, 05:02:31 PM

To Keith or Mike ?

To Keith Strasser. Emailing Mike Fredericks seems like an idea, maybe I'll try it. Even if I only got one kit, I'd be happy :)

Mike has sold a few of his on eBay in the past to help Keith out, so hopefully he can hook you up.

tyrantqueen

I got a response from Mike Fredericks. Unfortunately he is unable to help :( Oh well, I tried.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 12, 2014, 09:43:07 PM
I got a response from Mike Fredericks. Unfortunately he is unable to help :( Oh well, I tried.

Well darn.  The only other thing I can think of is to call him up directly.

tyrantqueen

To those who are interested, I got an email from Dan saying that he plans to sell Keith Strasser kits in his store.

I noticed there has been some discussion on the DTF regarding Keith Strasser. I had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone, and we're both delighted to report that he does plan to offer his work through Dan's Dinosaurs. This will provide collectors with a safe and reliable means of acquiring his work. He is currently tied up with a number of projects, but I will post updates as I receive them.

Awesome  ;D ;D ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool ! I knew that was something Keith was interested in last year when I spoke with him.  Glad it worked out !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Paleogene Pals

tyrantqueen

I wonder how many kits and which ones are going to be offered, and how long we're going to have to wait?

Also, does anyone know what scale his Diplodocus is in?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 17, 2014, 02:18:13 AM
I wonder how many kits and which ones are going to be offered, and how long we're going to have to wait?

Also, does anyone know what scale his Diplodocus is in?

That was the piece I was most interested in. I believe he told me it could be 1:15 or close .

0onarcissisto0

Ooooh. Been eyeing that Amargasaurus for quite a while. One of his Spinosaurus' and one of his Rexes also looked pretty cool.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: