News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Keith Strasser Planet Earth Sculpture

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 07, 2013, 03:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know several were interested in Keith's models here and I'm currently helping him to get more of an online presence and some much needed business.

Here are the links for his new pages :

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/PlanetEarthSculpture
Deviantart : http://keith-strasser.deviantart.com/

We're still getting things setup but I believe all his past work is available with new pieces coming and commissions open.  He can be reached by email here : [email protected] and phone more easily here :    (631) 662-6339  He does accept paypal as a payment option. 

Joel

Great news. I've liked him on facebook, and hopefully I'll be able to get some more kits from him soon. I want his 24" Triceratops (would be a good companion piece for Shane's), his Amargasaurus, Allosaurus, one of his Spinosaurs, and his 1/18 Tyrannosaurus. Oh yeah, and his Diplodocus. You see that Blade, he has a big Diplodocus, just like you've always wanted:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh yeah, I've learned that Diplo is a SOLID casting as well..talk about one hefty sauropod !  I definitely want to get one. Been eye balling it for years..lol  Would go great with Shane's Allosaurus I think.

Joel

Yes sir, they sure would look good together. In fact, anyone of the sculptures would look great together because both Shane and Keith are such excellent artists! Just look:

Do you know what new dinos he has coming our way, or are you sworn to secrecy? :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

He has a 1/15 Giganotosaurus he's been working on.  Maybe a new 1/15 Brachiosaur if there is enough interest.  Which means he needs to be called/emailed and told you'd like one..lol  I hope to have progress pics soon. He's really up for creating about anything. He also does all the casting work himself ..talk about difficult.

Simon

Cool.  I always thought that his rearing Triceratops was the best I have ever seen.  Link and Pin charged over $300 for it, however, so I never could pull the trigger.  He made some nice TRexes, too ... and his second Spinosaurus, if memory serves, was very nice...then there is that Diplodocus, which is in a league of its own - even though we now know that the neck was thicker in life ....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Link and Pin was always over priced.  I'm not sure what Keith wants now, but when I find out I'll let you know.  He says his materials costs are the real problem..it just just costs so much now it's hard to produce a lot without having to pass some of it on.

The Dipo isn't too bad neck-wise..it's neck wasn't as thick as say Apatosaurus anyway.  I build a big sauropod it just might be a Diplo... ;D

Joel

I just spoke with Mr. Strasser, and he's planing to start pouring his castings in late April. If you want one, give him a call! His number's on his Facebook page.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll have to let him know. I actually helped him set that page up..glad people are getting his stuff again ! :)

Derek Sohoza

Do you know often he checks his email? I had some questions about his models and emailed him a couple days ago. Still haven't heard back.

tyrantqueen

This is like a standing version of the Battat Diplo... except for the size differences of course ;D

I like Keith Strausser's work but the scale is much too big for me...would he accept a commission in a smaller scale?

Takama

I asked him about commisions on facebook,  he said to give him a call,  hope phone bill ain't a hassle for you in the uk

Takama

Quote from: Derek Sohoza on June 10, 2013, 08:49:42 PM
Do you know often he checks his email? I had some questions about his models and emailed him a couple days ago. Still haven't heard back.

I think it best to call him by phone

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on June 10, 2013, 10:29:48 PM
I asked him about commisions on facebook,  he said to give him a call,  hope phone bill ain't a hassle for you in the uk
I guess not..I would prefer not to make a phone call, my autism makes that very complicated :-X

Oh well, his stuff is nice.

Derek Sohoza

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 10, 2013, 10:44:21 PM
Quote from: Takama on June 10, 2013, 10:29:48 PM
I guess not..I would prefer not to make a phone call, my autism makes that very complicated :-X

Oh well, his stuff is nice.

I'm sure it can't be that bad, but I guess I wouldn't really know. If you aren't up to it, maybe someone could call for you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah Keith has limited internet access right now so he prefers a call on his cell phone.

tyrantqueen

Sorry for dredging up an old topic, but I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm interesting in buying a few of Keith Strasser's kits (the Carnotaurus and the Pachyrhinosaurus), but he has not replied to my emails. I'm not comfortable with giving out my personal details over the phone. Does he ever check his emails?

Simon

Keith is currently completing a major project for a museum that he has been working on since last spring.  He should be wrapping it up this month, and should be more accessible once its done.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Simon on February 04, 2014, 01:43:38 AM
Keith is currently completing a major project for a museum that he has been working on since last spring.  He should be wrapping it up this month, and should be more accessible once its done.
Good to know, thanks :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't heard from him since last year.  He was supposed to add me a Diplodocus to his casting list when he got around to it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: